Status
Not open for further replies.
United Caucasian republic

tgboEEZ.jpg

Dorozhand

Banned
United Caucasian republic

tgboEEZ.jpg

This was already the flag of the Transcaucasian Democratic Federative Republic.
Also, the bands are a bit irregular in size. If you're using paint, just go to properties and set the width and length to the desired rectangular shape, and then divide the length number by three and colour the section. Then, add the next third of the length number, colour it differently. Same with the third. Then you have an even tricolor :)

So I was playin Vic II earlier and noticed an independent Catalonia that has essentially the exact same flag as the one I made for Occitania, with the exception of a single white five-point star instead of the Toulouse Cross. Does anyone know where Paradox got that particular design?

Krall

Banned
So I was playin Vic II earlier and noticed an independent Catalonia that has essentially the exact same flag as the one I made for Occitania, with the exception of a single white five-point star instead of the Toulouse Cross. Does anyone know where Paradox got that particular design?

I think that's the OTL flag of the Catalan independence movement:

Estelada_blava.svg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Catalonia (There are a couple of other examples near the bottom of this page).

The one in game is on a rectangle and is closer to the "Valencian nationalist estrelada"

Actually, the first Nationalist flag of a Catalan party was the exact same flag that appears in Paradox: a blue stripe in the hoist, with a star. The origin of the modern triangle in the hoist is Cuba, of course. But the origin of the blue stripe is more obscure, although the white star and the blue colour both still come from the Cuban flag, which at the time had won a war of independence against Spain. The first recorded estelada, I think, appeared in 1922, although there are seals and stamps and engravings with proto-estelades.

You also have the cool Anarchist one:
estanarquista.gif

Here's an extensive collection of "estelades" with their history (not all of them are here, though):
http://webs.xadica.cat/esteladaanimada/estelades.htm

And of course, flags of the world:
http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/es}ct.html

Although the first one they list is very strange and I have never heard of it.

And Cuba's flag was inspired by the US's. So the Catalan independence flag is based indirectly on the US flag.

Not really. The red-gold stripes go back to approximately the XIIth Century, although its origin is disputed (some say it's a Papal grant from the time of king Alphonse the Chaste, some say it's one of many derivations of the old royal Burgundian pals, taken by the Counts of Barcelona when they became counts of Provence and took sides in the war between the two major dynasties in the old kingdom of Arelat/Burgundy). Still, the stripes have nothing to do with the US flag.

And the triangle, yes, it's a reference to Cuba, and thus indirectly the US. Although I don't think it counts as "americanophile".

Three flags of a hypothetical Israeli Fascist party. One in the colors of the Israeli national flag, another in the colors of the IDF flag, and the final one in the colors of the Kach movement.

295sfo.png

14sjcef.png

2zxmo7q.png

If you're curious where I got the Nazi-esque Star of David from, I copied it from an armband worn by the Jewish Ghetto Police.

So here is the final version I said I'd made. Nothing much different. Darker blue, And added the star.

Looks good, but I don't know if you discussed about the legend that explains why it is 4 red on yellow in the original Catalonian-Aragon flag ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senyera
According to a 14th-century legend, the flag dates back from the 9th century, when the four red bars were drawn, as an act of gratitude, on Wilfred I the Hairy's (Count of Barcelona) golden shield by king Charles the Bald's fingers drenched with blood from the Count's war wounds prior to Wilfred's death in 897 during the siege of Barcelona by Lobo ibn Mohammed, the moor governor of Lleida. This legend would relate the emblem unambiguosly to the Counts of Barcelona title.[2]

Romantic-driven Catalan nationalists were particularly keen on this legend during the Renaixença, in the 19th century, albeit it has always been recognized and divulged as such even in patriotic circles. Charles the Bald had died 20 years earlier, in 877.

Another version of this legend cites Louis the Pious as the king drawing the bars during the conquest of Barcelona, in this version drawing them in a golden shield, but Louis died before Guifré was born.[7] Also, Barcelona was conquered long before the events described on the legend.[7] Another medieval variant of the legend features Ramon Berenguer painting the bars with his own blood on a yellow shield, with the yellow field of the shield being the arms of Aragon before his marriage.

Three flags of a hypothetical Israeli Fascist party. One in the colors of the Israeli national flag, another in the colors of the IDF flag, and the final one in the colors of the Kach movement.

295sfo.png

14sjcef.png

2zxmo7q.png

If you're curious where I got the Nazi-esque Star of David from, I copied it from an armband worn by the Jewish Ghetto Police.
Like these very much. But the yellow and black does not represent Israel well.

Status
Not open for further replies.