Flag Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
New flag of Upper Austria based on the COA
obersterreichnew.png

Flag Request

Forgive me if this isn't the correct thread but I would like to make a request for a few flags, for an alt-history world political map I am having commissioned.

Two of the flags are for modern day Phoenician Carthaginian states that survived Rome though at the cost of going down different paths (ethnically and religiously), one called Barcasia (located where Andalusia would be) and the other of course being Carthage itself.

Other flags requests are for:
  • Bactria (Greco-Buddhist State located in the region of Baluchistan and part of Central Asia)
  • Dravidistan (A Dravidian state whose territory makes up about 1/3 of India)
  • Ghassan Republic (Arab Christian state located in the Hejaz. Came about in a scenario where the Sassanid’s and the Byzantines made peace in order to fight off barbarian invasions, before entering in a Great Game for supremacy of Arabia without actually going to war with each other.)
  • Himyar (Arab non-islamic state located in Greater Yemen.)
  • Turan (a Central Asian Turkic-Mongol super-state inspired by Pan-Turanism and a syncretic religion combining Tengrism, Manichaeism and the teachings of Mazdak with a divine mandate to conquer all of Asia)
  • Yunnan Free State (came about in a scenario where America won in both Vietnam and Korea)

Last edited:
Thanks Dangimill

Regarding the Turan flag, I was thinking of something along the lines of the Red background of the Turkish Flag (minus cresent and star) with the White Wolf's head symbol from this flag (http://ay-deezy.deviantart.com/art/Turkic-Union-flag-183639495) at the centre (though slightly bigger).

The only other flags left I need are for Himyar, Yunnan Free State and a an Indianized-Buddhist Maldives flag (my bad, thought I typed it in).

Let me know if you need anymore details.

Forgive me if this isn't the correct thread but I would like to make a request for a few flags, for an alt-history world political map I am having commissioned.

Two of the flags are for modern day Phoenician Carthaginian states that survived Rome though at the cost of going down different paths (ethnically and religiously), one called Barcasia (located where Andalusia would be) and the other of course being Carthage itself.

Other flags requests are for:
  • Bactria (Greco-Buddhist State located in the region of Baluchistan and part of Central Asia)
  • Dravidistan (A Dravidian state whose territory makes up about 1/3 of India)
  • Ghassan Republic (Arab Christian state located in the Hejaz. Came about in a scenario where the Sassanid’s and the Byzantines made peace in order to fight off barbarian invasions, before entering in a Great Game for supremacy of Arabia without actually going to war with each other.)
  • Himyar (Arab non-islamic state located in Greater Yemen.)
  • Turan (a Central Asian Turkic-Mongol super-state inspired by Pan-Turanism and a syncretic religion combining Tengrism, Manichaeism and the teachings of Mazdak with a divine mandate to conquer all of Asia)
  • Yunnan Free State (came about in a scenario where America won in both Vietnam and Korea)

My proposal for Himyar. Originally I made it for the Himyarite Kingdom of Yemen at Ill Bethisad world. Based on both North Yemen monarchist flag and Jewish symbology.

Prop4Yemen.gif

Prop4Yemen.gif

2f0bzns.png

The Fascist Kingdom of Francia.

The hexagon symbolizes mainland France, in fact France is often called "l'hexagone" in French media. The 6 fleur-de-lys around it represent the overseas departments (Guyane, Martinique, Guadeloupe, Réunion, St. Pierre et Miquelon, and Mayotte). The red space to the right of it and the two arrows supposedly represent the FKF's willingness to increase it's cultural influence and grandeur in Europe and the world, but actually symbolizes it's hardly secret plans of annexing the countries and regions that composed the ancient Frankish Realm (= Francia) in order to create an "éspace vital" (= Lebensraum) for the French people and other ethnic groups that are deemed superior to others.

(New Caledonia is not represented as one of the fleur-de-lys since it seceded by the 2014 referendum as the political scene seriously started to deteriorate, and became an independent country, Kanaky. As for Saint Barthélemy and Saint Martin, they are now part of the Guadeloupe region.)

Indian Maldives.

I've been lurking around here for a while, and I have to say I really like all your flags :) Keep them coming!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.