Flag Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susano

Banned
Pakistan and Mauritania are the only exceptions though, every other country with a crescent in their flag is either Turkic or a former ottoman vassal.

Malaysia.

But even apart from that, come on, are you really arguing that point? The crescent is such widely regarded as THE symbol of Islam, practically the counterpart to the cross. Doesnt matter if thats historically sound or not, its the perception that matters. So if a country wants to stress its muslim-ness (not that thats usually a good thing...), it uses the crescent.

Malaysia.

But even apart from that, come on, are you really arguing that point? The crescent is such widely regarded as THE symbol of Islam, practically the counterpart to the cross. Doesnt matter if thats historically sound or not, its the perception that matters. So if a country wants to stress its muslim-ness (not that thats usually a good thing...), it uses the crescent.

To illustrate this you only have to go to a non-Turkic Islamic country and look at mosques. They'll still have crescents depicted all over them no matter where you are. Fuck, when I was in India the mosques had crescents on top of the minaret spires, and that's quite a bit away from Turkey.

I was doing a compilation of the communist heraldry items I had in my hard disk, but it became far too messy earlier than I thought - and I've not used even half of the flags and coats-of-arms I have here. I'll post the "result" here as a WIP, but I'll probably have to start over.
(obs: I'm not the author of many of these symbols; if you are and don't want me to use it, please PM me)

communistheraldry.png

And as a result of their prominence in Dar al-Islam, the symbol has spread out to become recognised as a symbol of the Islamic faith as a whole.

800px-Flag_of_Pakistan.svg.png

The flag of Pakistan, which has bugger all to do with Turkey or the Turks, but is Muslim.

It may have started as a Turkish symbol, but it's a tad silly to complain about people recognising it as an Islamic symbol in addition to this.

Yes now its recognize as a Islamic symbol. But in Islam is ban to represent the religion with a symbol. Before that the Turks used this symbol. When the Turks became muslim and founded Ottoman Empire they take the Leadership of Islam. This symbol is not adopted by the muslim, but its the Western show this like an Islamic symbol due to the Ottoman Empire.

Pakistan and Mauritania are the only exceptions though, every other country with a crescent in their flag is either Turkic or a former ottoman vassal.
Pakistan was not Ottoman but had lots of Ottoman influence. The Pakistanis had even helped financially Ottoman Turkey and the Ottoman Empire during the First World War. The Islamization of Indonesia is the same, thanks to the Ottoman Empire who had a good relationship with Japan and passing by the islands of Indonesia. They stopped over there a few months.

orkun_01_portsmouth1.jpg

Portsmouth is not in Turkey or any muslims states. But they used the old flag of Ottoman Empire... due with the relationship.

orkun_01_drogheda2.jpg

Drogheda use the old modern flag of Ottoman Empire, due still to the relationship.

pir02.jpg

The Orkhun inscriptions in the motherland of Turks (Ötüken) in actual Mongolia. You can see the Crescent-Star.

1500yllkayyldzltrkparasbo2.jpg

1500 years before (Islam doesn't exist and Turks believe in the Gök Tengri (heaven God) and not Allah). This is the coin of the Göktürks Empire in the Turkestan (actual Central Asia).

The Turks were the only people not to be forced to adopt Islam. She adopted because the Turks are a people who love the mix (look the Ottoman Empire and later the Turks look today, there are blond blue eyes and black yellow gray) The Turks have adopted Islam because it was much like their religion is the basic Tengriism (Totemism). The crescent-star was easily adopted for Islam because it could mean "Allah and his Prophet Mohammed sav. That's all, if not the color of Islam is black.

Thank you Fero. I'm agree that today, yes, that represent the Islam but before the Islam it was a Turkic symbol.

Thank you Fero. I'm agree that today, yes, that represent the Islam but before the Islam it was a Turkic symbol.

But

what

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I SAID!

Atesh said:
this symbol was used by Turks before the birth of Islam.

Nekromans said:
And as a result of their prominence in Dar al-Islam, the symbol has spread out to become recognised as a symbol of the Islamic faith as a whole.

I'm so very confused now.

The United Kingdom of England, Scotland, and the Netherlands. I wanted to put the "I Will Maintain" motto on it, but had trouble finding a suitable font, and place to put it.

Flag.png

Status
Not open for further replies.