Flag Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Second (Rare) Request

Hi, this is Brdman. Since I am usually working on my photobucket album of flags, I rarely make flag requests for others to make. I'm doing this one since it involves too much detail.
I remember one of the most poorly designed and ugly flags, the flag of the state of Georgia 2001-2003, with the coat of arms and the ribbon with "Georgia's History" with the tiny little flags that you could barely see. It was almost a joke!

My request is to make another "joke", but this time with the coat of arms of Georgia (the country) and the ribbon with the flags of Georgian SSR 1937, 1941, 1951, Georgia 1990, and Georgia 2004.

BTW, does anyone know how to write "In God we Trust" in Georgian?
Thanks for your effort!:)

Hi, this is Brdman. Since I am usually working on my photobucket album of flags, I rarely make flag requests for others to make. I'm doing this one since it involves too much detail.
I remember one of the most poorly designed and ugly flags, the flag of the state of Georgia 2001-2003, with the coat of arms and the ribbon with "Georgia's History" with the tiny little flags that you could barely see. It was almost a joke!

My request is to make another "joke", but this time with the coat of arms of Georgia (the country) and the ribbon with the flags of Georgian SSR 1937, 1941, 1951, Georgia 1990, and Georgia 2004.

BTW, does anyone know how to write "In God we Trust" in Georgian?
Thanks for your effort!:)

Your request is here, though I left the size and English text intact. Also, the first two small flags may have pixellated edges, because I could only find bitmap images of them.

Glen

hmmm I have feeling that this flag isn't going to be popular in the Flemish part of Belgium :p;).

Well, I could argue it....but we tried this one, then:

attachment.php

To try and get more entries for the Weekly Flag Contest, I've decided to post the current challenge here:

Design the flag of a USAmerican successor state.

The country must have been part of the US at some point in its history, although it can include territory that wasn't part of the US. The US can still exist and there can be other countries that were formerly part of the US in existence as well. It doesn't have to be OTL's US and can be from any time period (after the US was formed obviously).

You have four days (that is until 23:59 BST on Thursday 8th April) to post your entries in the Discussion and Entries thread. Good luck and I hope to see lots of pretty flags!

Hope this is alright!

Not sure what to use this for now that I threw-out the project it was for.

Anyways, the Flag of Hawai'i.

Hawaiʻi Flag.png

Was TigerLion inspired by me?

Whoa. Seeing those "national combinations" reminded me of my photobucket album! A few people here have rated their "Brdman's 10 best flags"
TigerLion, did you start making your flags before or after my "10 best flags?"
Have you taken a look at my photobucket album:

//s366.photobucket.com/albums/oo108/BrdmanRBS/

I'd be honored if you voted on your favorites!:)

Nope, I did have a Republic of Hawaii in the same project, but I just used the OTL Hawaiian flag for it.

In the AHN Universe, the Hawaiian Islands are divided into the Kingdom of Hawaii, Republic of Maui, Oahu (American territory) and Republic of Kauai. Thought you might have some flags I could use.

In the AHN Universe, the Hawaiian Islands are divided into the Kingdom of Hawaii, Republic of Maui, Oahu (American territory) and Republic of Kauai. Thought you might have some flags I could use.

Hawai'i is sort of one of those places that making flags for is difficult, since it's used the same Flag almost since it came into existance and none
of the predecessor island-states had flags of their own.

The one I made above was based partially on one of the Sovereigntist flags, with the central portion of the Coat of Arms.

This got me thinking TK . . .

Maui (Purple is the island color of Maui):

maui.png

Last edited:
. . . and Kauai (Pink is the island's color, w/black representing black coral and volcanic rock/sand, and the star represents whatever virtues or values the Island Fathers wish):

kauai.png

Status
Not open for further replies.