Flag of Mississippi

Which one of these five versions is your favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So, as some of you might have heard, the US state of Mississippi is looking for a new flag, and I tried to come up with a design. Which of these versions is your favorite?

mississippi-flag-design.png

As for the symbolism: The white bar on the left of the flag represents the Mississippi River, the big star on the right edge of the bar represents the state of Mississippi on the right bank of the Mississippi River, and the 19 stars in the half-circle to the right of the bar represent the 19 states that were already part of the Union when Mississippi joined as her 20th member state. The maroon bar on the left near the hoist side in the variants #1, #2 and #3 is meant to represent the presence of land west of the Mississippi River, to make it more obvious that the white bar is representing the Mississippi River itself.

I'd almost prefer it without the little stars but that might just be me.
That would make it look a bit bland though, I think. Those little stars are also intended to be a graphical counterweight to the big star, which would otherwise dominate the flag even more.

Gian

Banned
So, as some of you might have heard, the US state of Mississippi is looking for a new flag, and I tried to come up with a design. Which of these versions is your favorite?

mississippi-flag-design.png

As for the symbolism: The white bar on the left of the flag represents the Mississippi River, the big star on the right edge of the bar represents the state of Mississippi on the right bank of the Mississippi River, and the 19 stars in the half-circle to the right of the bar represent the 19 states that were already part of the Union when Mississippi joined as her 20th member state. The maroon bar on the left near the hoist side in the variants #1, #2 and #3 is meant to represent the presence of land west of the Mississippi River, to make it more obvious that the white bar is representing the Mississippi River itself.
Have you added "In God We Trust" to those variants though?