Flag Challenge

Your challenge, if you participate, is to create a civil ensign for the Germanic Confederation shown below.

ttyxi9.png

Details:
-The Year is 1890.
-The Germanic Confederation is EU/NATO powerful. It has a lot of influence in the member countries' governments and has a unified army and navy.
-In this ATL, Prussia was defeated by Austria and divided into a number of smaller states. The western areas of the Russian Empire have gained independence.
-Strangely, Albania has joined the GC.

Rules:
-Your ensign must have an animal on it.
-If the animal is an eagle, it cannot be black.
-The ensign cannot have gold as a colour.

Last edited:
What are its borders?:confused: That grey line is really weird.

What if you just colour member states?

And again:

[Susano] GERMAN != GERMANIC!!:mad::mad:[/Susano]

What are its borders?:confused: That grey line is really weird.

What if you just colour member states?

And again:

[Susano] GERMAN != GERMANIC!!:mad::mad:[/Susano]

The point is that it's Germanic, not German. That's why Some of the baltic states and Belgium (and Albania...) are in. Austria didn't join because it is a rival of the GC.

The point is that it's Germanic, not German. That's why Some of the baltic states and Belgium (and Albania...) are in. Austria didn't join because it is a rival of the GC.
Well, as said in the Map Thread, the Belgians are either not Germanic (French) or German (Flemish). Prettyt much the same thing in the Baltics (they're German or Slavic).

Albania?

BTW, Thanks for changing the map.

Last edited:
Well, as said in the Map Thread, the Belgians are either not Germanic (French) or German (Flemish). Prettyt much the same thing in the Baltics (they're German or Slavic).

Albania?

BTW, Thanks for changing the map.

Germanic-influenced, then. And Hitler, although about as credible a source as Wikipedia is or worse, would probably say, if you asked him, that Albania was part of Greater Germany. Really. Well, maybe not.

I guess Albania just wanted protection from Serbia.

Well, I gave it a shot. Those are some evil, cruel rules though!

bavariaconfederationvf7.png

With Prussia out of the picture, and Austria keeping to its own business, this confederation is dominated by Bavaria.

Nietzsche

Banned
Not going to lie, I hate some of these rules(such as the color of the eagle T_T), but, I did it. It was originally going to be a black-red tricolour(saw a flag called the 'German Fraternity' from 1819), but decided against it in favor of adding the Bavarian Blue, with a yellow eagle to symbolize both Flanders and Germany as a whole. The white and black can symbolize..<_< whatever makes the most sense.

Germanic.png

This is the flag that flew over the Confederation Capitol in Dresden during the seige of that City in the General European War. It is now in the possession of the Saxony Museum of Germany. The four flags to represent Belgium, Germany, the Baltics, and Poland in the centre were changed to a shield with five flags in 1885 to show the inclusion of Albania.

Germfed3 final.png

Last edited:
Germanic_Confederation_by_Knepah.jpg

The Black Cross - Teutonic Cross. Crosses are important in Germanic symbolism and Christianity.

Black is also one of the colours of Germany.

The Red is the blood of Germanic peoples / the German national colour (also found in the flags of Albania, Lithuania, Poland, Latvia (kinda) and Belgium as well as others, all of which are members of the Confederation.)

Berlin, being the centre of administration, keeps its emblem (the black bear) on the flag, yet with the addition of another German colour (yellow).

:) Not my best but for some reason I'm proud of this work.

Eagles can be for the invasor nobles, but not the german people. The wolf, by its way, symbolizes the germanics: a strong, cooperative, native animal.
Proposals with the Wolfsangel showing up in the flag were made, but the animal per se has much more power of symbolizing the germans.

Red is for the people, green is for the land. The new flag shows the hope that the germans are putting on this new age. Even with the war won, the austrians created a long-term much more terrible foe: a politically divided Germany, but with a united germanic people. The wolf will claim its revenge on the eagle.

wolf_germ_desc.PNG