Five Colors for a Dime: A Comic Book Timeline (Redux)

I'm glad to see you're still alive. I'm also glad the superhero genre is doing well while everything's changing around it. I would buy those All American Comics, and be curious about this Silver Spider (nice name). Could you tell us more about Avalon (even nicer name)?
Oh, and grammatical issue.
Overall, Escape considered the
How does this sentence end?

Looked at the new Challengers. That last set was a nice "What If?" reference. Kudos. Subscribed. Minor quibble: According to Wikipedia, Amazon was named after the Amazon River rather than the Amazons, so the company being called Artemis instead doesn't fit.

I realize that this is an old thread but I just discovered it within the last couple of months and I really love it. With that said I was hoping for a fairly current chart of all the comic creators and who they worked for from the POD to at least last year if possible.

In fall of 1965, superheroes would return to forefront of pop culture. This return would start from an unlikely place, Chicago. In 1964, Chicago was home to the Playboy Mansion. That summer, Playboy magazine publisher Hugh Hefner was holding Saturday film parties. At one such party, the Captain America serial was the film of choice. In attendance was ABC executive Harve Bennett and writers Buck Henry and Mel Brooks. Henry and Brooks had previously pitched "A Man Called Smart" to ABC. The series was intended to be a satire of the spy genre. Bennett agreed to green-light the series, but only if the lead character was Captain America. While Henry and Brooks were initially reluctant, they eventually acquiesced. "Captain America" premiered on September 18, 1965. It became an instant hit for ABC. The series would run five years. The original lead character, Maxwell Smart, would get a three-year spin-off in 1967. In the fall of 1966, NBC and CBS responded with superhero shows of their own. The "Fighting American" would appear on NBC. David Victor helmed NBC's entry, "The Fighting American”. Victor would produce an overly campy series that would only last one year.[7] Meanwhile, CBS had show runner Edgar Scherick go the more serious route with "Batman". It would last for two years.

Title card for the Captain America series (1965)

adam_west_as_captain_america_by_infinitegreen28-d3arpyl.jpg

Probably not the right casting but I just had to post it when I found it on deviantart.