fate of indochinese independance without japanese occupation.

how would the independance movement in indochina have changed without the japanese occupation and expulsion of the french ? would the rebellion of the viet minh still have occured? and if the viet minh did still rebel, would it be as powerful and successful as OTL?

how would the independance movement in indochina have changed without the japanese occupation and expulsion of the french ? would the rebellion of the viet minh still have occured? and if the viet minh did still rebel, would it be as powerful and successful as OTL?
Probably a unified independent Indochina under a triple monarchy. It would have probably been independent anyway, the latest I can see colonialism last is the 80s and 90s, but not that much further.

Probably a unified independent Indochina under a triple monarchy.
There no reason for the French to set that up.
Probably a unified independent Indochina under a triple monarchy. It would have probably been independent anyway, the latest I can see colonialism last is the 80s and 90s, but not that much further.
Once Algeria rises up and the African colonies are released. I don’t see why Indochina won’t follow.

There no reason for the French to set that up.

Once Algeria rises up and the African colonies are released. I don’t see why Indochina won’t follow.
Is that why a united Indonesia was independent? Or Malaysia attempted to unify until the fallout in 1965? Regardless, I don’t see colonialism lasting forever, it was gonna die anyway.

Why ? The locals would be opposed to it and France has no reason to do so .
Malaysia was also opposed to a unified Malaysia, which was why Singapore was kicked in 1965. You are right in a way, I can see a breakup of a unified Indochina similar to the Malaysia Singapore split.

Malaysia was also opposed to a unified Malaysia, which was why Singapore was kicked in 1965.
That's because Singapore would have made Malaysia Chinese majority. The issue with a United IndoChina is the historical hatred of the groups involved and the dominance by the Vietnamese. So a United IndoChina would be a mess with Laotian, Cambodian, and other ethnic insurgencies.

the question still stands: would the viet minh have been able to gain enough traction to rebel against the french as OTL without the chaos of japanese occupation

That's because Singapore would have made Malaysia Chinese majority. The issue with a United IndoChina is the historical hatred of the groups involved and the dominance by the Vietnamese. So a United IndoChina would be a mess with Laotian, Cambodian, and other ethnic insurgencies.
So kind of like a Burma.