Explain the AH Quote

"American involvement in the Soviet-Afghanistan War changed from just arming to the mujahideen to restoring the constitutional monarchy. This would turn out quite successful."
One of the lines spoken by the narrator of the YouTube video The War in Afghanistan, uploaded August 16, 2019. After the Taliban’s overthrow there was a lot of discussion about what to do with the countryk and one of the more popular plans was to restore the Afghan monarchy with Zahir Shah as a restored monarch. Initially the US government was against this plan, but after an abrupt change in military leadership they authorised the plan to go ahead. Presently it is believed the restored king’s wide respect amongst the various ethnic groups was a key factor in preventing a fresh outbreak of violence.

“The Eight Bitz video game franchise began on the PlayStation in 1995, starring the titular group of backdancing middle schoolers as they battled evildoers through their home city - and busted out sweet moves in the process. What made the series unique is that nearly all of its mainline games support up to eight players - made possible by special adaptors released by developer Graffiti Studios.”

“The Eight Bitz video game franchise began on the PlayStation in 1995, starring the titular group of backdancing middle schoolers as they battled evildoers through their home city - and busted out sweet moves in the process. What made the series unique is that nearly all of its mainline games support up to eight players - made possible by special adaptors released by developer Graffiti Studios.”

The trophy information for the Bitz Blitz item for Super Smash Bros Surge. In Surge, the item looks like the real-life Bitz Blitz adaptor for the original Sony-Nintendo Playstation and causes the player character to split into 8 separate characters for a short time, attacking with all 8 at one time can lead to some seriously damaging combos, though the item is difficult to get a hang of for new players.

Due to the difficulties with the original Bitz Blitz adaptor, Eight Bitz didn't take off during its initial 1995 release and the series wallowed in obscurity until Eight Bitz main character, Cassie, surprisingly made Surge's roster where she became popular for her unique rhythm-based moveset. Renewed interest in the Eight Bitz series convinced Sony-Nintendo to develop Eight Bitz: New Generation.

"Where are your armies now Emperor?"

Napoleon Bonaparte smiles and slowly removes his tinted spectacles, "In my sleevies."

"My god."

"Where are your armies now Emperor?"

Napoleon Bonaparte smiles and slowly removes his tinted spectacles, "In my sleevies."

"My god."
One of the best known quotes from "Bill and Ted's Final Repose," the audacious seventh and final movie in the Bill and Ted series, in which the titular heroes need to reunite with every historical figure they previously met in order to save the universe from impending collapse due to the temporal meddling of returning villain De Nomolos. Released in 2037, the movie was panned by critics and was a box office flop.

"Mr BRODY is Jesus!"

Mr BRODY is Jesus!"
From the Documentary American Megachurches and the so called "Third Great Awakening" The clip is about Pastor Brody claiming that he is the "Messiah of the World". Pastor Brody is an American Pastor who claimed that he is the Messiah for some reason after he had an accident which he claimed "Opened his eyes" to the world. His cult/religion or say Church as his followers would have called it would later be disbanded after they end up storming Congress in support of President Perot riling the people up against the congress when political gridlock consumed the nation in the middle of crisis.

"Listen here Mac, Im not gonna go send some fucking troops to Vietnam. So either you keep your mouth shut about it and agree to my new renewed aid program for the South Vietnamese sending them tens billions of dollars of aid alongside a bombing campaign or I will replace you with Humphrey if you continue to talk trash about me and it in the public.

Understand?

Great society is my real baby here at the moment and I certainly do not want to be seen as the man who started a second Korea for god's sake"

"I am running for reelection, whereas I shall not rest until the complete eradication ot poverty is done in this country" - LBJ

"Listen here Mac, Im not gonna go send some fucking troops to Vietnam. So either you keep your mouth shut about it and agree to my new renewed aid program for the South Vietnamese sending them tens billions of dollars of aid alongside a bombing campaign or I will replace you with Humphrey if you continue to talk trash about me and it in the public.

Understand?

Great society is my real baby here at the moment and I certainly do not want to be seen as the man who started a second Korea for god's sake"

"I am running for reelection, whereas I shall not rest until the complete eradication ot poverty is done in this country" - LBJ
Quotes from President Lyndon Johnson. He was re-elected in 1968 with 67% of the popular vote and 388 electors. Though he never was able to eradicate poverty in the United States. he did make one hell of a dent.

"Note to the filmmakers: Margot Robbie is the wrong person to cast if you want to make this point."

"Note to the filmmakers: Margot Robbie is the wrong person to cast if you want to make this point."
A memorable quote from the otherwise fairly unremarkable Barbie (2017). The film was directed by Joss Whedon, of 'Buffy', 'Firefly' and 'Avengers' fame. It underperformed at the box office, losing a lot of money to Zack Snyder's 'Alexander' which released on the same day, and was received lukewarmly by critics. The quote in question comes from a joke in the film where Barbie says she isn't pretty anymore. The film was largely forgotten about until some time after its release when Margot Robbie publicly came out about her experiences on set with the director and said she faced misogynistic abuse from Whedon, this led to other actors and actresses who had worked with Whedon in the past coming out with similar experiences they had and statements condemning the director.

"The BBC regrets to confirm that Prime Minister Corbyn was caught in the attack."

A memorable quote from the otherwise fairly unremarkable Barbie (2017). The film was directed by Joss Whedon, of 'Buffy', 'Firefly' and 'Avengers' fame. It underperformed at the box office, losing a lot of money to Zack Snyder's 'Alexander' which released on the same day, and was received lukewarmly by critics. The quote in question comes from a joke in the film where Barbie says she isn't pretty anymore. The film was largely forgotten about until some time after its release when Margot Robbie publicly came out about her experiences on set with the director and said she faced misogynistic abuse from Whedon, this led to other actors and actresses who had worked with Whedon in the past coming out with similar experiences they had and statements condemning the director.

"The BBC regrets to confirm that Prime Minister Corbyn was caught in the attack."
Broadcast by the Beebs during the 2018 Irish reunification crisis. In the wake of Brexit, Jeremy Corbyn had been elected Prime Minister due to Cameron campaigning for Remain and Corbyn for Leave. In the IRAs renewal of attacks due to the British violation of the Good Friday negotiations. Corbyn had been attending a meeting at Stormond when Stormond was attacked for the deal with England. This led to a decline in sympathy for the Republicans setting back the reunification ten years.
"John I'm scared,
Why Jack,,,
No King in the Mountain has made an appearance yet.
John". John Ronald Reul Tolkien and Clive Staples "Jack" Lewis.

Last edited:
"John I'm scared,
Why Jack,,,

Taken from "The King in the Mountain", a fantasy musical show from Tolkien and Lewis, two famous British comedians/actors/writers. It's the story of two friends of decide to explore the forest near their hometown in search of the mythological Mountain King. It's also considered one of the masterpieces of the duo, second only to Lord of the Smoke Rings.

"People often call him the Butcher, or the Fiend of the Southern Front. To me, he'll always be just daddy."

"People often call him the Butcher, or the Fiend of the Southern Front. To me, he'll always be just daddy."
The introductionary paragraph to the biography of Mutlaq al-Radwan, a prominent general of the Sultanate of Arabia (or the Hashemite Sultanate) who would be one of the primary commanders on the side of the Allies during World War II. With Turkiye having alling with the Axis powers to try and curtail Kurdish rebellions, they attempted to court the House of Saud for oil supplies. However, the revelation of this would lead to the Hashemite Sultanate to declare war on the House of Saud in 1936, where Mutlaq al-Radwan would get his infamy for his ruthless brilliance in taking down the Sauds' domain and denying the Axis access to petrol. Years later when the war in proper, would then begin the so-called "Southern Campaign" where his forces along with those of Iran would plan to go through Turkey and enter southern Europe to create a new front.

Mutlaq al-Radwan would gain a ruthless reputation for his absolute crusade against the Axis powers. He would do this through intense guerilla campaign and absolute willingness to ally himself with any resistance forces against the Axis. This included the Kurds, Assyrians, and Armenians, as Turkiye would be devastated by his marches. The Kurds would be promised a sovereign land of their own and the Assyrians being promised the same. Armenia meanwhile would get the land they were promised in the Sevres treaty. This trio would finally get their desires met with the fall of Istanbul and upon entering the European continent in 1941, would begin the Southern Front in proper. Many of the fascist-aligned forces would find themselves disrupted and crushed by the grind caused by the coalition. Additionally, al-Radwad would prove very shrewd as he made Romania a prime target to force the Nazis to reinforce the Southen Front or lose access to Romanian oil, and thus allievating pressure in other parts.

Al-Radwan's campaign would see him eventually aid Bulgaria and Romania in the overthrow of their fascist governments and have them to join the allies. Al-Radwan would manage to liberate Central Europe by the end of the war. He as greatly feared by the Axis Powers as some sort of marauding force while the Allies, while respectful of his capabilities and even nobility, somewhat feared him too. The Soviets compared to Trotsky in terms of ruthlessness. That said, he was beloved by his homeland and the Jews he liberated, with them calling him an 'angel of justice'. The Americans also valorized him along with the Kurds, Armenians and Assyrians. His successes would mean the Hashemites would unite all of Arabia under their domain, with the British and French having to accept. The new Hashemite Sultanate would claim the new Assyrian Republic as a protectorate along with establishing their sphere of influence with them, Kurdistan, Armenia and Kartvelia (formerly known by the exonym of Georgia). Informally, they would also have close bonds with Iran. After the war, Mutlaq would retire over from active military duty and settle over in the Sultanate. He would end up marrying an American female soldier from Georgia, and having two sons and a daughter, the latter being the one interviewed for the biography. The biography humanizes al-Radwan as a prominent patriot along with being an affable and gentle father, along with having prominent progressive views of the time.

"While the idea of an independent Kurdistan was likely in the 19th century, no one expected it would be caused by a resurgence of the Yazidi faith indigenous to the region."

"While the idea of an independent Kurdistan was likely in the 19th century, no one expected it would be caused by a resurgence of the Yazidi faith indigenous to the region."
The Kurdish national movement saw a resurgence in 1848, inspired by the revolutions in Europe around the same time. The charge was led by the Yazidi community, who painted their religion as a uniquely Kurdish aspect that could serve as a national unifier for the new country. Following the Great Ottoman Crisis of 1850 and the collapse of the Ottoman Empire, Yazidism saw a resurgence, attracting thousands of converts within a few years. Today Kurdistan is the only non-Muslim majority country in the Middle East.

"By the time the dust settled following the messy fall of the Soviet Union, Russia found itself in the awkward situation of having two governments operating side-by-side: the Legitimate Government of Russia, based out of Moscow, and the Russian National Unity Government, based out of Novosibirsk. The United States recognises both governments, although they prefer to trade with the richer Moscow government."

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Broadcast by the Beebs during the 2018 Irish reunification crisis. In the wake of Brexit, Jeremy Corbyn had been elected Prime Minister due to Cameron campaigning for Remain and Corbyn for Leave. In the IRAs renewal of attacks due to the British violation of the Good Friday negotiations. Corbyn had been attending a meeting at Stormond when Stormond was attacked for the deal with England. This led to a decline in sympathy for the Republicans setting back the reunification ten years.
"John I'm scared,
Why Jack,,,
This pretty clearly current politicc.

"Science is inherently godly, and we have known this for as long as the Church existed. We gaze upon the Lord's work, and attempt to understand it, so we can appreciate it, learn what it means, how it works, and how its potential can be unlocked, as well as how parts of it fit together to make a greater whole, how each brushstroke was placed by divine hand to make the masterpiece that is His work. "
I actually unironically believe this, kinda.

Last edited:
"By the time the dust settled following the messy fall of the Soviet Union, Russia found itself in the awkward situation of having two governments operating side-by-side: the Legitimate Government of Russia, based out of Moscow, and the Russian National Unity Government, based out of Novosibirsk. The United States recognises both governments, although they prefer to trade with the richer Moscow government."
The opening lines of Tom Clancy's 2001 thriller novel, Against Clear Danger. Taking place after the Second Russian Civil War following the Fall of the Soviet Union, Jack Ryan is assigned to protect the Premier from terrorist threats orchestrated by the Russian National Unity Government. A terrorist attack in which Jack Ryan is framed for causes the threat of war between the two governments looming over. With a few months to prevent all-out war, Jack Ryan must find a way to clear his name and bring the Russian National Unity Government to justice.

"My father was arrested on 11th June, 1974, and was brought to face a government-sponsored tribunal. He was accused by the prosecutor of having Kuomintang sympathies and trafficking Italian-manufactured arms to ethnic resistance groups in the country. He was executed by the Tatmadaw on the commands of Ne Win's party."
-- Excerpt from an interview, Chapter 5: "The Burmese Way", Blood Phoenix: State Repression in Southeast Asia by James K. Gibson.

"My father was arrested on 11th June, 1974, and was brought to face a government-sponsored tribunal. He was accused by the prosecutor of having Kuomintang sympathies and trafficking Italian-manufactured arms to ethnic resistance groups in the country. He was executed by the Tatmadaw on the commands of Ne Win's party."
Following the Axis victory in the Second World War, Burma fell under Japanese suzerainty and a puppet regime was established, loyal to Tokyo. However this puppet regime quickly found itself fighting a widespread insurgency of numerous allied ethnic militas and resistant Kuomintang units, with weapons funneled to them by both the US-led League for Freedom and the German-led Pact of Steel. Ultimately by 1979, at around the same time Japan's Co-Prosperity Sphere collapsed the ethnic militias would succeed in overthrowing the puppet regime and installing a semi-democratic government.

"When the Neo-Qing dynasty in China declared war on both the British Empire and Japan in the spring of 1933, international observers expected the two empires to make quick work of the foolish Neo-Qing Empire. But by the end of 1940, it had become apparent the war had turned into a complete and utter disaster for both London and Tokyo."

"When the Neo-Qing dynasty in China declared war on both the British Empire and Japan in the spring of 1933, international observers expected the two empires to make quick work of the foolish Neo-Qing Empire. But by the end of 1940, it had become apparent the war had turned into a complete and utter disaster for both London and Tokyo."
Taken from a documentary on the Chinese front in WWI, explaining China's reasoning for attacking Britain and Japan. The economic hardships the two countries endured during the war is also seen by many as the reason both countries joined the Axis in WWII.

"There were about, I wanna say ten musicians in that crash. Somehow, Bopper, Ritchie and I were the only ones who made it out. After that, of course, there's the story of how we went missing for a couple days because we left the wreckage behind, and as you all know, I kept in touch with Ritchie and Bopper for a long time after that. I'm proud of the music we made together after it happened, but I'll always feel guilty that was the source of it." - Buddy Holly

"There were about, I wanna say ten musicians in that crash. Somehow, Bopper, Ritchie and I were the only ones who made it out. After that, of course, there's the story of how we went missing for a couple days because we left the wreckage behind, and as you all know, I kept in touch with Ritchie and Bopper for a long time after that. I'm proud of the music we made together after it happened, but I'll always feel guilty that was the source of it." - Buddy Holly
From an interview Buddy Holly gave in 1997 as recorded in the documentary "Don't Fade Away". Holly himself along with The Bopper and Ritchie officially formed the band Cicada in 1961. Their survival led the British Invasion to not occur on the scale it did IOTL, with American Rockabilly evolving in different ways.

"Two dictators still shoveling innocent men into the Andes. Their two nations burning up from the inside out. Our once-United Kingdom tearing itself apart at the seams too. Millions are dead and double that weeps. All because of a five-year slogging stalemate of scuffle for some cold piles if of mud in the middle of nowhere." - Roald Dahl, 1992

"Two dictators still shoveling innocent men into the Andes. Their two nations burning up from the inside out. Our once-United Kingdom tearing itself apart at the seams too. Millions are dead and double that weeps. All because of a five-year slogging stalemate of scuffle for some cold piles if of mud in the middle of nowhere." - Roald Dahl, 1992
British political dissident, insurrectionist, and essayist Roald Dahl in his political magnum opus, The Fox and the Factory. A lifelong enemy of the soviet-aligned Labour government who've been in power in the UK since 1957. Dahl, along with much of the regime's underground opposition, would denounce the United Kingdom's entry into the Great (South) American War in 1988 alongside the Soviets. With the war dragging on however (it was expected to last a few months at most), the combined Warsaw Pact intervention forces sent to support the crumbling Peruvian government would face defeat-after-defeat, primarily against the American backed Constitutionalist League and various right-to-far-right rebels fighting against government forces. The war would last for over six years, eventually leading to the capture of Lima by Constitutionalist rebels and the dissolution of the Peruvian People's Republic. The defeat in the war, in addition to years of mismanagement, corruption, and a plethora of scandals would bring down the ruling Hardline Labour government. Initially they were replaced by the Social Justice Party, made up of Labour moderates and the remnants of the party's right. However soon the SJP would fall as well as a consequence to a nation-wide strike organized by the underground opposition. Dahl, as leader of the newly formed National Caucus Party and one of the most prominent anti-government dissident still alive, would soon become the first post-Labour prime minister of the UK, though sadly he would die two years into his tenure, around 1997.

"In the depths of a fractured kingdom, the crown becomes a heavy burden, its weight measured not in gold, but in the haunting echoes of tragedy, slowly eroding the sanity of a king who once ruled with unwavering resolve"

"In the depths of a fractured kingdom, the crown becomes a heavy burden, its weight measured not in gold, but in the haunting echoes of tragedy, slowly eroding the sanity of a king who once ruled with unwavering resolve"
Dialogue from the trailer shown for the 1987 film Bright Young King, a biopic on the reign of King-Emperor Edward VII. Edward would lead the British Empire's forces in exile after the overthrow of his father King George V and the flight of British government into exile. The end of the Totalist government of Oswald Mosley during the Second Weltkrieg heralded the return of the young king to the land of his birth, but the return of the King was not the end of the British troubles.

The Second Weltkrieg had been deeply bloody. The British isles were devasted both by years of isolation and by the war itself. King Edward's greatest tragedy would come in 1953, four years after his return, when his brother Prince George and his entire family were killed in a plane accident while touring South Africa. The civilian government of South Africa and Great Britain announced it was mechanical failure, but it was leaked that the King believed it to have been the actions of "... leftover Syndicalists and so-called activists."

As the Reconstruction in Britain staggered on, Edward grew increasingly paranoid and tyrannical, hardliners finding his support more and more welcoming. Britain indeed found itself under a new tyrant. Canada's support became withdrawn in 1960 during the outbreak of the Great American War, which Edward viewed as a great betrayal, viewing himself as having been left stranded and alone except for his beloved wife the Duchess of Windsor.

The film itself was well received, having been made by the well-known Californian "Golden Gate Artists United" production company and securing many accolades, especially the coveted Best Film at the Berlin International Film Conference.

"The Niger is the most distinguished of the so-called "Rivers of Civilization," those great streams that have allowed all the great civilizations of the world to arise."

"The Niger is the most distinguished of the so-called "Rivers of Civilization," those great streams that have allowed all the great civilizations of the world to arise."
From The Five Rivers of Civilization, by the French statesman and savant Pierre Langdouc Francois Fermat-Atringue (1829-1904). His extensive travels throughout the French Union were chronicled in this (oddly numbered) seven volume set. Besides the standard European travelogue, he posited the theory that each of the great rivers of the Union (the Nile, the Danube, the Indus, the Yellow, and the Mississippi) were the "Avenues of Amity" by which France initially discovered, then explored, conquered, and finally, civilized the Great Dominions of the empire. His follow up work, The Seven Pillars of Wisdom, was lost, along with its author, at sea in a storm off the Brittany coast when Atringue (who carried his manuscripts with him in a heavy valise in order to work on them whenever he had a moment to spare) decided to conduct an experiment to see if bull frogs could become seasick. The Lord Protector of France declared 30 days of deep mourning, and both the Académie du Peuple, and the Vous étudierez le Lycée des Amphibiens cancelled their classes for the remainder of the academic term. The Bishop of Aquataine said in his eulogy that, "It will be fifty-nay, my fellow Frenchmen-a hundred years before French art, French literature, and French marine biology shall ever return to their former glories in the eyes of a jealous and envious world."

"My god is Clown, and He is strong; and if I do not learn the Secret of Steel, he will laugh at me, and cast me out of Valhalla."

"My god is Clown, and He is strong; and if I do not learn the Secret of Steel, he will laugh at me, and cast me out of Valhalla."
A rather cryptic message at the end of God of War: Jupiter's Dawn. To this day, gamers still don't know what the hell it means, because the next game in the series dealt with Kratos aiding the sun goddess Amaterasu.

'Non-binary people: You're gorgeous, take five."