Explain the AH Quote

“A spectre haunts my neck; the spectre of rope. A rope made by the weavers and craftsmen of Tejas, of whom my generous borrowed donations have become a lifeblood. Say, hypothetically-” — Final words of Carlos Marx
Spoken just before his hanging by Mexican authorities on, ironically, May Day 1865. Within a year the Marxist Revolution had spread throughout the Mexican Empire. Within five years, Emperor Maximillian's corpse was hanging from Chapultepec Castle, and the Mexican Marxist Republic was founded. It lasted another 10 years until the end of the Second Mexican-American War. But that's another story.

"Ahh, yes! My transhumanist Utopia is finally coming true! LOBOTOMIZE ME, DADDY ELON!!!"

"Ahh, yes! My Utopia is finally coming true! LOBOTOMIZE ME, DADDY ELON!!!"
Tweet by YouTuber and comedian Mark Fischbach, better known by his screen name Markiplier, in response to businessman Elon Musk's announced plans to build a city in Wyoming for employees of his company, which seemed to also implement policies based on the principles of transhumanism. The plans eventually fell through after Wyoming Governor Larry Hicks filled a lawsuit against Musk.

"I can say was truly blessed to have been able to call George Moscone my friend. He was a man who always tried to do the right thing no matter how hard it was. I remember back when he was Mayor of San Francisco, we used to call him "the people's mayor", and as we lay my dear friend to rest, I truly believe that he will be remembered as the people's president." - Harvey Milk

"I can say was truly blessed to have been able to call George Moscone my friend. He was a man who always tried to do the right thing no matter how hard it was. I remember back when he was Mayor of San Francisco, we used to call him "the people's mayor", and as we lay my dear friend to rest, I truly believe that he will be remembered as the people's president." - Harvey Milk
Harvey Milk giving his eulogy over to former President George Moscone, who would pass away over in August 11, 2003 at the age of 73. George Moscone was quite a beloved figure in San Francisco, but he would reach national headlines when he would survive his assassination attempt by former supervisor Dan White, by having tackled him to the ground before the cops arrived. White would die laters by suicide in police custody. According to Harvey Milk, the assassination gave Moscone a change in outlook, which he believed made him want to become more ambitious. With support over from Governor Jerry Brown and Harvey Milk, Moscone would challenge Jimmy Carter over for the Democrat primary in 1980. The race was neck in neck, but Moscone's passion had won out over Carter, who would congratulate him on his victory (Jimmy Carter would later become Secretary of State under the Moscone Administration.) Moscone with his running mate in Frank Church would run against fellow Californian Ronald Reagan. Both ran a prominent race, with it being neck in neck, though ultimately Moscone would manage to get a win, which some attributed due to his charisma boost.

Moscone would win in 1980 and after a boost in sympathy from another assassination attempt, he would become one of the most progressive presidents within in US history, instituting large scale reforms on welfare and infrastucture, introducing single payer universal healthcare for Americans along with ending the War on Drugs while having a somewhat dovish view on global politics. His most prominent view would be in the massive boost for civil rights in color people and especially for LGTBQ+ folk, as legislation would be passed to protect them from discrimination and help drove progress in normalizing them in mainstream media. He would be reelected in 1984 thanks to the healing economy though would need a new running mate with the death of Frank Chuch, ultimately going with Florida governor Reubin Askew (at Carter's suggestion.) Askew himself would become president in 1988 though would not run in 1992. Being overseeing the end of the Cold War, Askew would also intervention abroad. One would be in Afghanistan; after the Soviets pulled out of Afghanistan in 1985, the region was in turmoil before ultimately having the monarchy be restored under its original ruler, Mohammad Zahir Shah along with toppling Saddam Hussein's government in the Gulf War, resulting in the restoration of the Hashemites there. Askew would be succeeded by Republican Lowell Weicker who would be president from 1993-2001 and become the standard for the modern Republican party after the decline of the neocons (due to a combination of losses in the 1980s and the growing concerns of reactionary radiohosts leaning to shootouts in the 1990s, which the Weicker Administration dealt with. The Oklahoma bombing in particular would see alot more scrutiny to said radio hosts and new laws regarding the promotion of violence.)

Moscone would pass away from heart failure in 2003, with Milk noting he wished his friend could've lived to see the legalization of same-sex marriage in the United States over in 2006 under President Howard Dean.

"Mohism would triumph over Confucianism by the rise of the Qin Dynasty and thus would become the guiding philosophy that would lead China to its prominent place in the world."

"Mohism would triumph over Confucianism by the rise of the Qin Dynasty and thus would become the guiding philosophy that would lead China to its prominent place in the world."
Despite attempts at stamping out competing ideologies by the Legalist Qin, Mohism would rise to the dominant philosophy, as minor landowners and the peasantry embraced its teaching of universal kindness and general meritocracy. This would cause later dynasties to be forced to balance between their own power and that of powerful local communities which demanded a certain amount of autonomy, and had self-sufficiency. While not precisely democratic, these communities would later form the basisis of what would be called the "Chinese Enlightenment" by Europeans, which is a misnomer, as this enlightenment came before that in Europe. While Chinese Dynasties would rise and fall, they were known for remarkable stability as the meritocratic ethos ensured that those considered the best would be placed in their proper positions.

The Chinese Enlightenment would occur as a result of reforms under the Yuan Kangxi emperor beginning with his rise to the throne in 1645. The Kangxi Emperor was influenced by new school of thought, which believed that local assemblies should be more formalized, and given direct national representation. The system established had local communities selecting a representative, who would go to a provincial assembly, who would select a representative to go to the capital of Dadu (otl Beijing) and would vote on national policies. This imperial assembly would have great success, and when encountered by European traders would be an inspiration for the European Enlightenment.

"For The King you Yankee Rebel Bastards!"
-Stonewall Jackson

Last edited:
For The King you Yankee Rebel Bastards!"
-Stonewall Jackson
British general Stonewall Jackson’s last words on his death in the American Revolution of 1863 in which the United States would at last gain independence from Great Britain getting rid of King George IV. To this day Stonewall Jackson is not held in high regard in the now United States.

“Listen here, if you are going to take a shot at the King you better not miss. Otherwise get the hell out of my sight before I make you disappear.”

“Listen here, if you are going to take a shot at the King you better not miss. Otherwise get the hell out of my sight before I make you disappear.”

Apocryphal, said by King Gustavus Adolphus, when he personally oversaw the drilling of a Regiment of Prussian Arquebusiers in 1633, during the Thirty Years' War. Reportedly, the King threatened a recruit that he would "make him disappear" if he missed his shot, when the King stood before the practice targets, challenging said recruit to shoot him.

According to the legend, the first two shots missed, the first out of inexperience, the second out of fear, but the third hit the King squarely in his cuirass.

King Gustavus Adolphus survived, taking on said gunner, a man known as Josef Maurer, as part of his camp staff, for any man courageous enough to actually take a shot at the King was a man he wants to keep an eye on.

The legend has a piece of truth to it, as a Prussian with the same name, Josef Maurer, became part of Gustavus' circle of advisors, and someone the king's own diary described as "one of the truest friends I have ever met.*.

"Then we saw them, colors flying in the wind, spiked helmets sparkling in the sun. My officer, Captain Miller, rose out of our trench, ignoring the threat of Confederate bullets, waving his hat around. 'The Hessians! The Hessians are here!' he screamed, smiling ear to ear, before one of our men dragged him back into cover. Finally, the siege was over, relief was at hand. Sure, we were still stuck in that fort for another day, but the knowledge that help was just an hour's walk away gave us more confidence than any Whiskey. If you ask me, that moment, the moment we saw the colors and helmets, was second only to the relief I felt when the war was actually won."

"Then we saw them, colors flying in the wind, spiked helmets sparkling in the sun. My officer, Captain Miller, rose out of our trench, ignoring the threat of Confederate bullets, waving his hat around. 'The Hessians! The Hessians are here!' he screamed, smiling ear to ear, before one of our men dragged him back into cover. Finally, the siege was over, relief was at hand. Sure, we were still stuck in that fort for another day, but the knowledge that help was just an hour's walk away gave us more confidence than any Whiskey. If you ask me, that moment, the moment we saw the colors and helmets, was second only to the relief I felt when the war was actually won."
Modernized text from the letters of an unidentified Federalist soldier, c. 1793, during the American Civil War (1790 - 1794). The American Civil War was fought between the pro-Constitution, primarily northern Federalists (also known as the "Constitutionalists") and pro-Article, primarily southern Confederates over the structure of the United States after the failure of the Constitutional Conventions of 1787, 1789, and most importantly 1790. Foreign mercenaries from Hesse-Darmstadt came to the aid of the Federalists in 1793, giving the Federalist troops a massive boost in both morale and combat, leading to a Federalist victory in 1794 and the ratification of the Constitution of the United States.

"Hark! ye Sons of Liberty, and throw off those Chains that bind ye! Let the Tyrant and the Aristocrats tremble before Our Terror, from Sea to Shining Sea!"

Modernized text from the letters of an unidentified Federalist soldier, c. 1793, during the American Civil War (1790 - 1794). The American Civil War was fought between the pro-Constitution, primarily northern Federalists (also known as the "Constitutionalists") and pro-Article, primarily southern Confederates over the structure of the United States after the failure of the Constitutional Conventions of 1787, 1789, and most importantly 1790. Foreign mercenaries from Hesse-Darmstadt came to the aid of the Federalists in 1793, giving the Federalist troops a massive boost in both morale and combat, leading to a Federalist victory in 1794 and the ratification of the Constitution of the United States.

"Hark! ye Sons of Liberty, and throw off those Chains that bind ye! Let the Tyrant and the Aristocrats tremble before Our Terror, from Sea to Shining Sea!"
Popular American song “Marching on New Berlin”, written during the Prussian-American War (1900–1902). The Prussian-American War began when the Prussian Empire invaded and occupied New York City after the United States refused to recognize their “territorial claims”. The Prussian Empire, which occupied much of France, the Netherlands and Belgium found it hard to keep their troops in New York supplied from across the Atlantic Ocean, and domestic resistance to their arrival, especially from German immigrants, proved to be a festering sore for Kaiser Wilhelm I and Otto von Bismarck. The war would end in an American victory, and the beginning of the end for the Prussian Empire as their army was destroyed in costly European Wars.

“Good morning Mister BJ Blaskowitz! Vould you like to come into my house for a spot of tea?” —Adolf Hitler

“Good morning Mister BJ Blaskowitz! Vould you like to come into my house for a spot of tea?” —Adolf Hitler
Greeting spoken by american radio celebrity Adolf Hitler, also known as "Mister Hitler", to one of his guests, in this case William Joseph "BJ" Balskowitz, retired american soldier, European War veteran, and descendant of polish immigrants, in an episode of his popular show "Tea Time at Hitler's", in an episode dated 12th of April 1946.

"Tea Time at Hitler's" ran from 1925 to 1957, and was part talk show, a new concept at the time, and part skit comedy. Every episode began with a skit, usually humorous, and Hitler would begin the talk show segment with a variation of the aforementioned sentence, introducing the episode's guest, while breaks were interspersed with a second skit. He also made sure to always present his guests with tea, something that made some of his listeners even suspect his accent was a facade and that he was secretly British.

The show's host, Adolf Hitler, after having immigrated to the United States in 1914, initially tried to find success in the art scene, with few results, initially scraping by painting post cards and doing odd jobs. However, fate had other plans, as, in 1923, Hitler was employed as a news host for a small radio station, whose name is lost to history, where, with his energetic voice and distinct accent, he quickly made a name for himself. Then in 1924, he was offered a spot for the evening segment of the WFAM Radio Station in New York, once more presenting news, until, in 1925, he was offered his very own show, beginning the cult classic that would later be known as "Tea Time at Hitler's".

His show, apart from the unusual format of combining skit comedy and talk show formats, was also unique in its guests. Hitler himself, having come from nothing as a German immigrant in the United States, until he himself climbed to the pinnacle of being a radio celebrity, as detailed in his memoires "My Struggle - The story of Teacups and Microphones", always wished for his voice to reach a wide, varied audience, and, as such, wished for a wide and varied number of guests, ranging from movie stars, athletes, and politicians, to simple war veterans, local workers, and even foreign travelers. This not only kept the show fresh, but also gave an audience to people that would otherwise go unheard.

"Tea Time at Hitler's" would broadcast its final episode on the 18th of October 1957, where, instead of his usual greeting, he instead greeted the audience with the sentence "Hello, dear guests, would you like to come to my house for a last spot of tea with me?". The episode was spent with Hitler telling his life's story, thanking the audience and his crew, before bidding his final goodbyes. Adolf Hitler's old age and declining health lead to him retiring the same week, and spending the rest of his years with his family, notably his two sons and three grandchildren, before he passed away in his sleep in April 13th of 1969, a week before his 80th birthday.

"If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan

Last edited:
"If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan
A quote widely attributed to Genghis Khan but is unknown if he actually said this quote. Khan is reported to have shouted this to his soldiers in relation of a military engagement during the Mongolian invasion of China.
"That tophat is a form of censorship and you know it!"

"That tophat is a form of censorship and you know it!"
Andrew Ryan's complaint to the executives of NBC regarding the head of Standards & Practices, Frank 'the Atlas' Fontaine. He said about the head of Standards & Practices censoring his show, The Rapture Experience, a talk show in which Andrew Ryan commented on current events in the 1950s, under spurious, dubious claims that the show wasn't attractive to advertisers and said it caused trouble. The unpleasant experience of dealing with the censor and the apathy of NBC caused Andrew Ryan to migrate to DuMont Network, where his show became the most popular show on the network.

"The Axis Powers invasion of Greece on 21st April 1967 in support of the Greek junta was disastrous for Italy and the rest of its allies. The Western Powers condemned the invasion, in which major anti-invasion protests broke out in New York, London, Krakow and Moscow. The Republic of China, Fascist Italy's foremost ally in Asia, broke ties with the country, as President Chiang Kai-Shek sent a strongly-worded denunciation to Prime Minister Galeazzo Ciano saying that the actions of Italy was compared to acts of aggression committed by the Empire of Japan during the Second Sino-Japanese War."

"The Axis Powers invasion of Greece on 21st April 1967 in support of the Greek junta was disastrous for Italy and the rest of its allies. The Western Powers condemned the invasion, in which major anti-invasion protests broke out in New York, London, Krakow and Moscow. The Republic of China, Fascist Italy's foremost ally in Asia, broke ties with the country, as President Chiang Kai-Shek sent a strongly-worded denunciation to Prime Minister Galeazzo Ciano saying that the actions of Italy was compared to acts of aggression committed by the Empire of Japan during the Second Sino-Japanese War."
Excerpted from a history book published in 2015. Ciano's response to Chiang's denunciation was to order the expulsion of all Chinese diplomatic personnel from Italy, with the exception of the ambassador, who passed away due to "cardiac arrest" (translation: shot). Needless to say, when word reached Nanjing, Chiang was pissed. Thus, Chiang began to reopen ties with the west, especially the United States. Whether they knew it or not, this would be the beginning of the end of the Axis.

"I encounter civilians like you all the time. You believe the Empire is continually plotting to do harm. Let me tell you, your view of the Empire is far too dramatic. The Empire is a government. It keeps billions of beings fed and clothed. Day after day, year after year, on thousands of worlds, people live their lives under Imperial rule without seeing a MACO trooper or hearing a fightershuttle scream overhead."

"I encounter civilians like you all the time. You believe the Empire is continually plotting to do harm. Let me tell you, your view of the Empire is far too dramatic. The Empire is a government. It keeps billions of beings fed and clothed. Day after day, year after year, on thousands of worlds, people live their lives under Imperial rule without seeing a MACO trooper or hearing a fightershuttle scream overhead."

General Pierre Boulanger of the French Star Force (a branch of the imperial army devoted to space exploration and combat) to a member of the Pandemocratic Wave, an activist group which promoted and protected civil rights. The only one of Earth's old monarchist superpowers to reach space, the French Empire was quite democratic and actually mindful of its citizens' needs. However, the heavy handedness of its police and armed forces earned it a bad reputation.

"Gee, Gorby. What are we going to do tonight?"

"The same thing we do every night, Ronny. Try to take over the world."

General Pierre Boulanger of the French Star Force (a branch of the imperial army devoted to space exploration and combat) to a member of the Pandemocratic Wave, an activist group which promoted and protected civil rights. The only one of Earth's old monarchist superpowers to reach space, the French Empire was quite democratic and actually mindful of its citizens' needs. However, the heavy handedness of its police and armed forces earned it a bad reputation.

"Gee, Gorby. What are we going to do tonight?"

"The same thing we do every night, Ronny. Try to take over the world."
A actual conversation between Michael Gorbachev and Ronald M. Reagan, leaders of the National Salvation Front and OSS respectively, during their plots to overthrow the collapsing Centralist Republic of Columbia. It was propelled to fame by the famous cartoon segment “Gorby and the Don”, a zany and wacky satire of their decade-long attempts at a coup to restore democracy.

“And there arrive the Rough Riders, and I cannot believe my own eyes, it’s Teddy coming for Rocky with the STEEL CHAIR!!!” — William Jennings Bryan

A actual conversation between Michael Gorbachev and Ronald M. Reagan, leaders of the National Salvation Front and OSS respectively, during their plots to overthrow the collapsing Centralist Republic of Columbia. It was propelled to fame by the famous cartoon segment “Gorby and the Don”, a zany and wacky satire of their decade-long attempts at a coup to restore democracy.

“And there arrive the Rough Riders, and I cannot believe my own eyes, it’s Teddy coming for Rocky with the STEEL CHAIR!!!” — William Jennings Bryan
From the animated history show “My American History Book”, which used a combination of zany cartoon antics, topical humor and pop culture references to tell the story of American History. In particular this line is from the episode ”Macho Macho Man Teddy Roosevelt”, where Teddy’s efforts to break up trusts and monopolies is portrayed as a WWF wrestling match. Another episode would portray the destruction of the battleship Yamato as Luke Skywalker destroying the Death Star, complete with the pilot, Airman George H.W. Bush, having a personal connection with the episode’s big bad, Toshiro Yokomaki (He had cut Yokomaki off in traffic before the war).

“With the launch of the satellite Mayflower One, the United States of America had proven that it had the capability to reach space, sending the Imperial Japanese Empire into a frenzy as they attempted to catch up. They would respond in 1949, launching their own satellite, Maru, into orbit. The Russian Republic and Empire of France would also rush to join in, sparking the Space Race.”

“With the launch of the satellite Mayflower One, the United States of America had proven that it had the capability to reach space, sending the Imperial Japanese Empire into a frenzy as they attempted to catch up. They would respond in 1949, launching their own satellite, Maru, into orbit. The Russian Republic and Empire of France would also rush to join in, sparking the Space Race.”
Excerpt from Flowers in the Sky, by M. Francis Foley, which followed the Space Race between the victorious powers in the Second Great War, from the break-up of the Trans-Oceanic Alliance to the collapse of the Greater EastAsia Co-Prosperity Sphere.

"One of the unexpected issues that plagued Jack Kennedy's old age was when it became public knowledge that his daughter Pat was even more of a womanizer than he was."

"One of the unexpected issues that plagued Jack Kennedy's old age was when it became public knowledge that his daughter Pat was even more of a womanizer than he was."
Kenny O'Donnell, the former chief of staff for President John F. Kennedy (1961-1969) during a documentary about the former President. This particular bit was about his post presidency, regarding a scandal with his daughter Patricia Kennedy. Born during his second term, Patricia Kennedy would grow up to be a Senator for Massachusetts like her father. First elected in 1994, many thought she would follow in her father's footsteps all the way to the Presidency, but scandals soon interrupted due to two facts Patricia Kennedy had tried to keep secret: she was bisexual and she had seemingly inherited her father's tendencies to sleep around. The ensuing scandal caused a rift between father and daughter that only healed just before Kennedy's passing in 2004, during which he voiced support for gay marriage.

“But I had a point here, a lesson, if you will. There are other organizations out there, people out there, and, in time, I’m sure they’re going to spoon-feed you their own patented form of bullshit. Ignore the verbage and look at what they’re doing. What they’re asking you to do. What sort of world they’d have you build and how they’re going to pay for it.” - Hubert H. Humphrey

Last edited:
“But I had a point here, a lesson, if you will. There are other organizations out there, people out there, and, in time, I’m sure they’re going to spoon-feed you their own patented form of bullshit. Ignore the verbage and look at what they’re doing. What they’re asking you to do. What sort of world they’d have you build and how they’re going to pay for it.” - Hubert H. Humphrey
Hubert Humphrey's comments about the George Wallace administration. In the aftermath of the 1968 presidential election, George Wallace of Alabama, holding the Democratic ticket, became the President of the United States. Under the George Wallace administration, the government re-segregated and enacted a nationwide Jim Crow policies as a result. It also began a military build-up in response to Fascist Italy and Somalia pledging support of the ANC and other anti-apartheid groups in South Africa, leading to the 1976 mass killings in South Africa.

"Back in Megatech Software, Erwin Mab handed me the game script for Thunder Claps by a Japanese writer named Hazawa Kouichi for translation and rewrite. After I read the script, I said 'Oh my god,' because reading it made my stomach sick. It's what Gail Simone complained about the depiction of women in American comic books, and the worst aspects of anime. So I heavily re-wrote the game to emphasize on the superheroines being pro-active, and less tentacles." - Muriel Gray on re-writing the visual novel Thunder Claps at Megatech Software.

Hubert Humphrey's comments about the George Wallace administration. In the aftermath of the 1968 presidential election, George Wallace of Alabama, holding the Democratic ticket, became the President of the United States. Under the George Wallace administration, the government re-segregated and enacted a nationwide Jim Crow policies as a result. It also began a military build-up in response to Fascist Italy and Somalia pledging support of the ANC and other anti-apartheid groups in South Africa, leading to the 1976 mass killings in South Africa.

"Back in Megatech Software, Erwin Mab handed me the game script for Thunder Claps by a Japanese writer named Hazawa Kouichi for translation and rewrite. After I read the script, I said 'Oh my god,' because reading it made my stomach sick. It's what Gail Simone complained about the depiction of women in American comic books, and the worst aspects of anime. So I heavily re-wrote the game to emphasize on the superheroines being pro-active, and less tentacles." - Muriel Gray on re-writing the visual novel Thunder Claps at Megatech Software.
Muriel Gray during a 2022 ComicCon panel on the portrayal of women in American anime. The panel had low attendance and was not brought back in 2023.

"If we keep losing two carriers to every one of theirs, we'll probably beat the Japs sometime around 1952..."
-Admiral Chester Nimitz, June 5th, 1942