Explain the AH Quote

Pierre Laval, dictator of Vichy France during talks with Imperial Japan to try and split up parts of Asia.

"We are number one."

Simon Bolivar after the establishment of the Federated Union of Colombia, a nation that spanned from the islands of Canada to the top of Patagonia.

“We did what the Crusaders could not succeed. If only they could see us now in Jerusalem...”

Simon Bolivar after the establishment of the Federated Union of Colombia, a nation that spanned from the islands of Canada to the top of Patagonia.

“We did what the Crusaders could not succeed. If only they could see us now in Jerusalem...”

Said by Ferdinand of Bulgaria after the attempt to push the Ottomans out of Europe by the Balkan League went so far beyond anyone's expectations that by the end of the war the Ottoman empire had collapsed and the new states had been set up in their former territories, including an international mandate over Jerusalem.

"No, there is clearly only one way to deal with the troublesome minorities in this country. Make everybody fuck each other until the population homogenizes."

"No, there is clearly only one way to deal with the troublesome minorities in this country. Make everybody fuck each other until the population homogenizes."
General Patton describes what he thinks is the best way to resolve racial tensions in the US. Knowing Patton, it does not come off as a surprise he said it.

"It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... Oh, what the heck I'll laugh anyway!"

General Patton describes what he thinks is the best way to resolve racial tensions in the US. Knowing Patton, it does not come off as a surprise he said it.

"It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... Oh, what the heck I'll laugh anyway!"

President Benjamin on the fall of Constantinople and the collapse of the Ottoman Empire. Napoleon won the siege of the city and he alongside his ally Alexander I of Russia totally dismembered much of the Ottoman Empire

“100 nations and 100 million men and they still lost. Must be a feat.”

“100 nations and 100 million men and they still lost. Must be a feat.”

Furry artist and (sometimes) political commentator Albert Maurice Rainwater III on the relatively brief conflict between the short-lived African Coalition and the European League of Kings. The Coalition had declared war upon the ELoK after they put forward a resolution to isolate Africa from any diplomatic ties whatsoever under the logic that, if Africa is indeed doomed to sink, then they shall at least sink on their own. While the resolution didn't go far in the United Nations, the ELoK informally took the attitude regardless, leaving the economies of the Coalition in a worse position than previous. This would be readily apparent in the conflict proper, which would end with the Coalition disbanding after less than a year of existence.

"MySpace was like an aerial reconnaissance photo, grimly surveying the wreckage of three decades of taking parenting advice from a daytime talk-show host who regularly congratulates herself on a fallow womb, an empty crib, and a sorta-kinda-not-really husband who answers to a fucking dog whistle!"

"MySpace was like an aerial reconnaissance photo, grimly surveying the wreckage of three decades of taking parenting advice from a daytime talk-show host who regularly congratulates herself on a fallow womb, an empty crib, and a sorta-kinda-not-really husband who answers to a fucking dog whistle!"
Comedian George Carlin complaining about social media: You're All Boned; 2011.

"Is mayonnaise and instrument?"

Comedian George Carlin complaining about social media: You're All Boned; 2011.

"Is mayonnaise and instrument?"

A drunk FDR who was trying to say something coherent before falling to his death

“When the most superior form of white men have even shown its most barbaric nature, what does that make of the most inferior form of white men?”

Noted painter Adolf Hitler when asked what he thought of the Rape of Belgium.

"And I wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."
- Winston Churchill.

Noted painter Adolf Hitler when asked what he thought of the Rape of Belgium.

"And I wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."
- Winston Churchill.

Winston Churchill after the end of WWIII, which resulted in the destruction of the USSR

“Every empire, however, tells itself and the world that it is unlike all other empires, that its mission is not to plunder and control but to educate and liberate.”

“Every empire, however, tells itself and the world that it is unlike all other empires, that its mission is not to plunder and control but to educate and liberate.”
A quote from the speech where Churchill made his case for giving Commonwealth status to all the UK's colonies. Following a 1925 epiphany regarding Indian soldiers.

"Well, Seymour, I made it. Despite your directions."

A quote from the speech where Churchill made his case for giving Commonwealth status to all the UK's colonies. Following a 1925 epiphany regarding Indian soldiers.

"Well, Seymour, I made it. Despite your directions."
Duchess Elena Ozaki to her European servant, Seymour, on her way to the abandoned city of Paris.
"It's not that I have anything against the people of Paris, but it's a major dump nowadays. Vienna now is the place to be in Europe." -Elena Ozaki

Ozaki praises the new urban renewal projects in Vienna.

"Oh my God, they killed Kenny!"
A witness' reaction to the assassination of American Presidential Candidate Kenny Osmond during his campaigning in the south of Park County, Colorado.

"I am not going to wear that stupid hunk of metal on my head. But, I won't go bareheaded either. The people need to see and be let know who their Empress is. Just take some crown jewels and sew them onto my favorite hat."

"I am not going to wear that stupid hunk of metal on my head. But, I won't go bareheaded either. The people need to see and be let know who their Empress is. Just take some crown jewels and sew them onto my favorite hat."
Dowager Cixi refuses to wear a special helmet in a 1905 public appearance.

"Screw you guys. I'm going home."

A lyrics of the song "I Know". Sung by French entertainer Maurice Chevalier.

"Down with this sort of thing!"

The famous slogan of the "What Now?" Protests. The protesters switched their reasons for protesting so many times that even their founders forgot what they were against.

"And now, the nations of the world stand as one and say, "Workers of the World, disassemble!"

The famous slogan of the "What Now?" Protests. The protesters switched their reasons for protesting so many times that even their founders forgot what they were against.

"And now, the nations of the world stand as one and say, "Workers of the World, disassemble!"
A children's story in el internacional, the iberian and italian workers state. It painted the other nations as, well, the villains in a children's story. Mean and stupid for no good reason.

"Chancellor Clinton of the New England Republic has spent the better part of the last ten years establishing new england since the dissolution of the United States in the early nineties. Now, citing the need to prepare against Commonwealth Agression, he has invaded Delaware, part of The Greater Virginian State. He has agreed to a press conference this Saturday. That concludes this emergency broadcast. This is George Douglas of the Californian News League, signing off."- a 2009 newscast

A children's story in el internacional, the iberian and italian workers state. It painted the other nations as, well, the villains in a children's story. Mean and stupid for no good reason.

"Chancellor Clinton of the New England Republic has spent the better part of the last ten years establishing new england since the dissolution of the United States in the early nineties. Now, citing the need to prepare against Commonwealth Agression, he has invaded Delaware, part of The Greater Virginian State. He has agreed to a press conference this Saturday. That concludes this emergency broadcast. This is George Douglas of the Californian News League, signing off."- a 2009 newscast

A newscast about the war between New England and Virginia, which is currently at a stalemate

“From the Andes to the Atlantic, Brazil has become stronger and will become stronger!”