Explain the AH Quote

Parliament member Robert Lincolnshire in 1851, commenting on the Columbian-Atlantian dominion's growing power and the growing division between Whigs and Royalists.

"A new proletarian city will be founded in this valley, a shining beacon of the motherland."

General Secretary of the European Union of Workers' Councils (a wanked and red Germany, called Vereinigte Europäische Arbeiterräte) Heiko Böttcher referring to the Rhine Valley, in vision of the incredibly beautiful Loreley. Proved that the capital, called Marxhafen, could be rather easily invaded by a expansionist and nationalist France in 1938...

Lorelei_View.JPG

"You are in Germany, and you should know that one speaks German here!"

"You are in Germany, and you should know that one speaks German here!"

German Chancellor Ludwig Kass to a French Refugee, 1936. France was racked with civil war ever since the great depression. On top of that, they lost the first world war

"Fuck the Police!"
-Daryl Gates

German Chancellor Ludwig Kass to a French Refugee, 1936. France was racked with civil war ever since the great depression. On top of that, they lost the first world war

"Fuck the Police!"
-Daryl Gates

Protester at the 2017 Vienna Opera Ball protest.

"I'd suggest you pull your Forces back from Stalingrad, Bernhard. The first Panzer and 23rd Panzergrenadier cant hold the line forever."

Protester at the 2017 Vienna Opera Ball protest.

"I'd suggest you pull your Forces back from Stalingrad, Bernhard. The first Panzer and 23rd Panzergrenadier cant hold the line forever."

Reinhard Heydrich upon the semi-forceful siezure of power from Adolf Hitler following several disasters on the eastern front.

After a few weeks of "holding the line" the frozen, starving, and outflanked german army faltered, Hitler attempted to take back power, and the war was over in less than two years as the soviets quickly took the offensive pressing their advantage

Many alternate history enthusiasts have suggested that if the Nazis had attacked rather than retreat they may have won the war.

"He is gone at last. May he never return for the sake of us all."

Reinhard Heydrich upon the semi-forceful siezure of power from Adolf Hitler following several disasters on the eastern front.

After a few weeks of "holding the line" the frozen, starving, and outflanked german army faltered, Hitler attempted to take back power, and the war was over in less than two years as the soviets quickly took the offensive pressing their advantage

Many alternate history enthusiasts have suggested that if the Nazis had attacked rather than retreat they may have won the war.

"He is gone at last. May he never return for the sake of us all."

Juan Everardo Nithard, Grand Inquisitor of Spain commenting on the reign of Philip V Prospero 'the Mad King' who's 12 year reign saw the entire Spanish Empire brought to utter ruin, and his death from drinking raw mercury for years to become immortal saw the extinction of the Spanish Habsburgs and the Wars of the Spanish Succession that would tear apart Spain and end the First Era of Iberian Unity.

"Let the Lords of Chaos rule."

Juan Everardo Nithard, Grand Inquisitor of Spain commenting on the reign of Philip V Prospero 'the Mad King' who's 12 year reign saw the entire Spanish Empire brought to utter ruin, and his death from drinking raw mercury for years to become immortal saw the extinction of the Spanish Habsburgs and the Wars of the Spanish Succession that would tear apart Spain and end the First Era of Iberian Unity.

"Let the Lords of Chaos rule."
Supposedly said by Anarchist Revolutionary Fidel Castro as he outlawed the Cuban Monarchy after taking the capital city of Charlesville . Though the King would escape and lead a restiance effort (Culminating in the retaking of the island) Fidel did (unintentionally) sow the seeds of the constitutional monarchy which would follow.

"Peace is a word used by traitors, women and Romans"

Supposedly said by Anarchist Revolutionary Fidel Castro as he outlawed the Cuban Monarchy after taking the capital city of Charlesville . Though the King would escape and lead a restiance effort (Culminating in the retaking of the island) Fidel did (unintentionally) sow the seeds of the constitutional monarchy which would follow.

"Peace is a word used by traitors, women and Romans"

Hannibal Barkas III after the Romans broke the peace in "75BC" again. Later this year he burned down Rome and salted the ground where the city once stood.

"Me?"

Donald Keith in his first talkie "Tough Jazz Guys" (1929)

"In the 1980s (and a good part of the 1990s), the only serious competitor to the popularity of Australian soaps here in Britain were the Tocharian serials, and I personally admired those chaps who looked more or less like, say Alex Pettyfer, Ed Sheeran and Keira Knightley, speaking a language remotely related to English, dressed like the Japanese and kicked arse like the Chinese when it comes to martial arts."
- Charlie Brooker​

Last edited:
Donald Keith in his first talkie "Tough Jazz Guys" (1929)

"In the 1980s (and a good part of the 1990s), the only serious competitor to the popularity of Australian soaps here in Britain were Tocharian serials, and I personally admired those chaps who looked more or less like, say Alex Pettyfer, Ed Sheeran and Keira Knightley, speaking a language remotely related to English, dressed like the Japanese and kicked arse like the Chinese when it becomes to martial-arts serials."
- Charlie Brooker​

Linguist Peter W. Fratton commenting on the increased popularity of (Neo-)Tocharian as a langugage of music, film, TV and other entertainment. First used as an alien language in Star Wars, people started to use Neo-Tocharian for many villains: criminals, the Mafia,...
And soon enough, real-life people also started to speak Neo-Tocharian. The police of the early 90s was hap- and helpless when an infamous gang of heavily armed bank robbers and soon to be revealed radical left-wing terrorists communicated entirely in Neo-Tocharian until, in 2004, the head of the terrorist group (who had even claimed responsibility to several attacks in Neo-Tocharian) - basically a worker at British Rail called Wayne Hart - was arrested.

"I will hereby ban any use of the Spanish, French, Italian or German languages! Use of the languages will be prosecuted!"

Linguist Peter W. Fratton commenting on the increased popularity of (Neo-)Tocharian as a langugage of music, film, TV and other entertainment. First used as an alien language in Star Wars, people started to use Neo-Tocharian for many villains: criminals, the Mafia,...
And soon enough, real-life people also started to speak Neo-Tocharian. The police of the early 90s was hap- and helpless when an infamous gang of heavily armed bank robbers and soon to be revealed radical left-wing terrorists communicated entirely in Neo-Tocharian until, in 2004, the head of the terrorist group (who had even claimed responsibility to several attacks in Neo-Tocharian) - basically a worker at British Rail called Wayne Hart - was arrested.

"I will hereby ban any use of the Spanish, French, Italian or German languages! Use of the languages will be prosecuted!"

Part of British Prime Minister Nigel Farage's speech after the passing of a law banning the use of any languages other than English in public places.

"You know, George, tell Monty he can suck my dick!!!" — Douglas McArthur

Part of British Prime Minister Nigel Farage's speech after the passing of a law banning the use of any languages other than English in public places.

"You know, George, tell Monty he can suck my dick!!!" — Douglas McArthur

Snapped at an aid in September 1944 after a series of communiques between General McArthur in the Pacific Theatre and Field Marshal Montgomery in Europe over disagreements in where resources should be sent. McArthur wanted more soldiers for his push through the Phillipines while Montgomery wanted soldiers for his own push into Germany. Montgomery was dismissive of the importance of a "secondary front" compared to his, irritating McArthur to no end. The feud was ended when Churchill himself intervened, summoning Montgomery to London and privately telling him to show more respect.

"With the opening of the trans-Alpine railway, I hereby declare the era of disunity in this country to officially be at an end! No longer shall we be divided into East and West, North and South. From now on we will be one nation!"

Snapped at an aid in September 1944 after a series of communiques between General McArthur in the Pacific Theatre and Field Marshal Montgomery in Europe over disagreements in where resources should be sent. McArthur wanted more soldiers for his push through the Phillipines while Montgomery wanted soldiers for his own push into Germany. Montgomery was dismissive of the importance of a "secondary front" compared to his, irritating McArthur to no end. The feud was ended when Churchill himself intervened, summoning Montgomery to London and privately telling him to show more respect.

"With the opening of the trans-Alpine railway, I hereby declare the era of disunity in this country to officially be at an end! No longer shall we be divided into East and West, North and South. From now on we will be one nation!"
Emperor Louis XX of the Holy Roman Empire of the Frankish Nation in 1865, inaugurating the large network that had been built both under and over the Alps to truly merge France, Germany and Italy into a single realm and project power effectively. It would serve as soon as 1875 when the Castillans would invade Frankish Catalonia, bringing in large amounts of supplies and troops across the Alps from Germany and Italy straight to the frontline.

"Taking on the mantel of Charlemagne, a millenium after the division of his realm by his overly enthusiastic grandsons, is no easy task. But it is an honor for me to have been chosen at this post, and I will serve it the best I can" - Louis-Napoléon Bonaparte

Deleted member 97083

"Taking on the mantel of Charlemagne, a millenium after the division of his realm by his overly enthusiastic grandsons, is no easy task. But it is an honor for me to have been chosen at this post, and I will serve it the best I can" - Louis-Napoléon Bonaparte
Napoleon III forced his way into the German Zollverein, leading to its economic domination by the Second French Empire until Prussia had enough. While the British were distracted in the Third British American War, the French allied with Austria against Prussia to a sound victory, and then Russia against Austria. Through these wars, Napoleon III was able to secure the Rhineland, the Ruhr, Piedmont, and western Austria. While the new Frankish Empire would be destroyed in the Weltkrieg, Napoleon III nonetheless was remembered as fondly (and bitterly by non-French) as Napoleon I for his advancement of the French empire.

“When the Muscovite Tsardom sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending Cossacks that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us.”

Napoleon III forced his way into the German Zollverein, leading to its economic domination by the Second French Empire until Prussia had enough. While the British were distracted in the Third British American War, the French allied with Austria against Prussia to a sound victory, and then Russia against Austria. Through these wars, Napoleon III was able to secure the Rhineland, the Ruhr, Piedmont, and western Austria. While the new Frankish Empire would be destroyed in the Weltkrieg, Napoleon III nonetheless was remembered as fondly (and bitterly by non-French) as Napoleon I for his advancement of the French empire.

“When the Muscovite Tsardom sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending Cossacks that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us.”
Suleiman the Magnificent, speaking to his closest advisors, noted the discord sown by the intensified migration of Cossacks into Ottoman territories along the Black Sea, where feuds and pillage became the norm and undermined the economic value of the region for the empire.

"Aristodemus, do not waste in useless pity what moments are left to escape from the hands of the enemy. Go, announce publicly to the king and the assembly that they must fortify the Isthmus of Corinth, and make the defenses of Sparta strong before the victorious barbarians approach. Tell Pleistarchus that I have always remembered his father's precepts in life and in death. Now, suffer me to breathe my last among my slaughtered Spartiates."
-Pausanias

Suleiman the Magnificent, speaking to his closest advisors, noted the discord sown by the intensified migration of Cossacks into Ottoman territories along the Black Sea, where feuds and pillage became the norm and undermined the economic value of the region for the empire.

"Aristodemus, do not waste in useless pity what moments are left to escape from the hands of the enemy. Go, announce publicly to the king and the assembly that they must fortify the Isthmus of Corinth, and make the defenses of Sparta strong before the victorious barbarians approach. Tell Pleistarchus that I have always remembered his father's precepts in life and in death. Now, suffer me to breathe my last among my slaughtered Spartiates."
-Pausanias
Pausanias about war against Celtic empire that absorbed most of Greece expect for Sparta
I will never die and green light will never turn off
-Alexei Vjaznicev librarian-protector of USSR

Pausanias about war against Celtic empire that absorbed most of Greece expect for Sparta
I will never die and green light will never turn off
-Alexei Vjaznicev librarian-protector of USSR

Uttered after he suffered a debilitating stroke, followed by four simultaneous heart attacks and a shot of bourbon.

"Why does his artwork always make me feel like I'm looking at a giant, collective seizure?" - Stanley Kubrick

"Why does his artwork always make me feel like I'm looking at a giant, collective seizure?" - Stanley Kubrick

Kubrick, critical of the works of Emil Nolde and Ludwig Kirchner while they are exhibited in the Museum of Modern Arts, New York City.

"This 'object' undoubtedly is alive! We have found life! There is life here! Beyond Earth!"

Kubrick, critical of the works of Emil Nolde and Ludwig Kirchner while they are exhibited in the Museum of Modern Arts, New York City.

"This 'object' undoubtedly is alive! We have found life! There is life here! Beyond Earth!"
Unnamed NASA scientist after discovering one of Gaston Lagaffe's accidental orbital water heaters releasing itself of its content.

"This is a small stubbed toe for a man, but a giant's leap for mankind !"

Vuru

Banned
Unnamed NASA scientist after discovering one of Gaston Lagaffe's accidental orbital water heaters releasing itself of its content.

"This is a small stubbed toe for a man, but a giant's leap for mankind !"

Astronaut Eseoghene Obama when he tripped on a stone on the Moon, sending him flying

"These "people" are utter trash. Their entire culture has become some sort of insane thing where behavior that would put one in a mental hospital in any normal order. They deliberately give themselves mental illnesses and brain damage. They deserve to be eliminated from reality. Many have lost childhood friends to them. They target the edgy kids belonging to various weird subcultures, and slowly encourage their descent into insanity. I regret nothing when i supported Serbia and their Great Slavic Co-Prosperity Alliance, they have done nothing wrong. When i read their presidents' book depicting real events during the Collapse, i couldn't sleep for days. Luckily he managed to save many people from the clutches of insanity. The Perfect Order Party and their sister parties are the only ones in the world that i fully agree with." -Eric Trump

Astronaut Eseoghene Obama when he tripped on a stone on the Moon, sending him flying

"These "people" are utter trash. Their entire culture has become some sort of insane thing where behavior that would put one in a mental hospital in any normal order. They deliberately give themselves mental illnesses and brain damage. They deserve to be eliminated from reality. Many have lost childhood friends to them. They target the edgy kids belonging to various weird subcultures, and slowly encourage their descent into insanity. I regret nothing when i supported Serbia and their Great Slavic Co-Prosperity Alliance, they have done nothing wrong. When i read their presidents' book depicting real events during the Collapse, i couldn't sleep for days. Luckily he managed to save many people from the clutches of insanity. The Perfect Order Party and their sister parties are the only ones in the world that i fully agree with." -Eric Trump

In 2038 (after the above-mentioned 2036 election win), aliens landed on Earth, namely in Eastern Europe distributed around Hungary, Serbia, Poland, Slovakia, Czechia, Romania. Even the far eastern corner of Germany (Bavarian Forest) got one ship, as well as Niederösterreich, not to mind Russia, northern Saskatchewan and Manitoba, and tropical areas in Benin, Gabon, southern Cameroon, Laos, Assam and Sumatra. This brought "collapse" not unto civilisation, but unto the affected regions. The species is silvicultural - and thus needs large tracts of forest - and looks somewhat like Moropus, but armoured and armed to the teech with tech roughly 100 years ahead of ours. And the species is stronger and faster than us. Like Moropus, the aliens are carnivorous (but do need fruit and plant material from their native red plants to survive). They are out for a workforce of slaves (mixed with xenocide to the extent that is necessary for QEZfINAM-tar'-forming the occupied territory), so basically colonial aliens!
1024px-Moropus_and_Daphoenus.jpg

They don't - as Trump Jr. claims - "give themselves mental illness" intentionally, but their brains and biologies are programmed to induce insanity (mostly in those already prone to it like "edgy kids", but sometimes also in totally sane individuals) in order to control the then-subjects better in order to use them to reshape and re-life the occupied territory. The Perfect Order Party of Dragutin Mladic captured a nuclear family of the aliens, put them in a high-security cell and tested on them until they found out that Vitamin A1 (retinol) is deadly poisonous - and then Mladic and his cronies of the Greater Slavic Co-Prosperity League, to the applause of Trump, committed xenocide themselves! However, the damage was done and red plants grow alongside Earthly green ones in Eastern Europe, with animals native to both worlds competing in a radically changed ecosystem. But luckilly, some of the red plants are also edible to humans...

Except in Poland and East Germany, no aliens live anywhere from Plzen to Omsk or from Gdansk to Iraklion, however, sub-saharan Africa and parts of Southeast Asia are still plagued (or, as the aliens see it, could be made into a "safe homeland"). And much of Cameroon, Gabon and Biafra has indeed been totally transformed - red plants have outcompeted the green ones (with alien help) and animals native to their homeworld QEZfINAM-tar' (colour is more important than the letter) have supplanted African fauna.

"Beware of native life when you step on another planet. You could destroy or infect it. So just look at the beautiful landscape and don't interfere with it!"

Last edited: