Europa Universalis IV - 13 August 2013

I think whenever you feel powerful enough. After you beat them a few times they will become laughably easy due to their low Mandate.

She's currently wiping the floor with the Chagatai-Timurid alliance. Not exactly encouraging.

Anyway, I still have to conquer all required provinces and I only have 1 vassal and no willing ally. Still choosing between finishing off Korchin and eating more of Oirat land (and vassalize her, if possible), but I'm worried about high AE and a coalition.

Update.

Ming just warned me. Means can't eat anything that neighbors her. And she's 1 mil tech ahead of me (and soon to be 2 after the warning expires).

Any way to get around this? Am I screwed and need to reroll?

Just another update.

I reached 300 dev as of 1506. I vassalized Oirat, Yarkand and Haixi. I'm replenishing manpower right now. Also, I'm 1 mil tech ahead of Ming so I'm waiting for the opportunity to strike (their mandate is 80+).

Any more advice?

Just another update.

I reached 300 dev as of 1506. I vassalized Oirat, Yarkand and Haixi. I'm replenishing manpower right now. Also, I'm 1 mil tech ahead of Ming so I'm waiting for the opportunity to strike (their mandate is 80+).

Any more advice?
If there is no other way to expand your best bet is to strike ASAP, the longer you wait the more powerful Ming will become. Try and get as many allies as possible, even going over the diplo limit.

It's assimilation because development doesn't change. Genocide would reduce the number of people in the province, thus reducing taxes, goods produced, and manpower. Since that doesn't happen, it's instead a focused campaign of assimilation.

Not to mention the chance of inheriting whenever your ruler dies and becoming an elector yourself.
One can hope you get that electorate, I think the Emperor just gets another electorate to appoint at that point. And I don't think you can appoint yourself an electorate, that might be too gamey.