Europa Universalis III

I tried Divine Wind as Ming.

I do not like it. I kept wanting to declare war, but the fucking Bureaucrats wouldn't let me.
You need the temples as the most influential faction to declare war IIRC. Not sure how to go about doing that though, haven't played Ming in DW yet. I know slider settings and monarch stats affect faction influence though.

Hey y'all, I just got EUIII complete for Christmas. However, I've been watching this forum for a while, and noticed some complaints. Anyone have any tips to make it better? (PS I'm going to play as Austria)

Merry Christmas!

You need the temples as the most influential faction to declare war IIRC. Not sure how to go about doing that though, haven't played Ming in DW yet. I know slider settings and monarch stats affect faction influence though.

Yes, I know. It actually gives you a little screen, just like Catholic nations have for papal influence or HRE nations have, that shows you current faction influence, how the influence is changing, and what the factions do. It just doesn't seem like you can have much of an effect except over the very long term.

archaeogeek

Banned

Ugh, is it Divine Wind or Divine Mundi...

I just EUIII for Christmas, and when I tried to upload it it said it couldn't start because "d3dx9_35.dll is missing". I tried reloading it, and deleting everything then rebooting. The first screen comes up fine, but when you click "PLAY EU3", it comes up. Has anyone else had this problem?

I just EUIII for Christmas, and when I tried to upload it it said it couldn't start because "d3dx9_35.dll is missing". I tried reloading it, and deleting everything then rebooting. The first screen comes up fine, but when you click "PLAY EU3", it comes up. Has anyone else had this problem?

This was a regular problem with the first run of the game.
Go to microsoft to download and install the newest version of DirectX.
Then start the game again, look for the update button, and see if there is any updates.
You should be fine after that.

Quick question: Can I install (and play) EU3 (Complete) on more than one computer?

I'm currently using a loaner from Fry's, since my actual computer fried, but wanted to play EU3 now, because I just got it, which is why I'm asking. :eek:

Quick question: Can I install (and play) EU3 (Complete) on more than one computer?

I'm currently using a loaner from Fry's, since my actual computer fried, but wanted to play EU3 now, because I just got it, which is why I'm asking. :eek:

I have my copy loaded onto my desktop and my two laptops for when a couple of friends come over and we want to play a LAN game.

Well sure. It's not like you need the CD to play the game (a nice little thing I always liked about Paradox games).

Unless you downloaded it from, say, Gamersgate, which might have an issue with you installing it so many times in a very narrow window.

Well, just my luck, it WOULD prevnt me from playing. I don't know what it is with EU3, but every single time I've downloaded it (on 3 diferent computers over the past 2 years now) there's always been some sort of error.

Does anyone know what "d3dx9_35.dll is misisng from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." means?

And yes, I have reinstalled it, three times now, and I've even restarted my computer, and still it doesn't work. What exactly is the problem?

Well, just my luck, it WOULD prevnt me from playing. I don't know what it is with EU3, but every single time I've downloaded it (on 3 diferent computers over the past 2 years now) there's always been some sort of error.

Does anyone know what "d3dx9_35.dll is misisng from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." means?

And yes, I have reinstalled it, three times now, and I've even restarted my computer, and still it doesn't work. What exactly is the problem?

Read Sovereign12's post just a couple above yours.

I got EU3 for Christmas and had the same problem earlier today. What you do is go to microsoft and download the latest DirectX. Then just try again, don't re-upload, just try with the existing program. It should work perfectly (and thanks to Sovereign12 for telling me :D)

Does anyone have a good link to get DirectX? I tried google, and went to softonics, but McAfee warned me, and I know they're over cautious, but this is a loaner.