EU III mod help

Well, I've been playing EU III for a year now, and the game is good and all, and I've now decided to try some mods out. Problem is - I'm new to this mod thing, I've never used mods for any EU game before.

So I ask, how do I turn the mod ON? I'm told I have an option to do this when I run the launcher, but... I don't see it... (Possible :eek: here) I've done all that it said in the ReadMe, extracting the files and putting them in the appropriate folders and all...

This is what I get:

EUIII.JPG

So, I ask of thee, hows it work?

EUIII.JPG

I think it happens if you install a patch with the launcher open... try uninstalling and reinstalling, but make sure the launcher is closed.

I remember seeing something about this on ParadoxPlaza, but I don't remember exactly. Maybe if no-one helps you here, try asking on Paradox.

There should be a drop-down menu where your "Check for Updates" button is. Are you sure that you've put the mod's file folder and the .mod file into the "mod" folder in your EU3 directory (or created it if it doesn't exist)? If yes, you may want to reinstall; I think I had a similar problem, and a reinstall got rid of it.

Blackwood

Banned
I had this exact same problem. What you have to do is re-download the patch and install it again, but make sure that the launcher window is CLOSED while you're installing it! After you install the patch, next time you open the launcher the menu should be there.