=Eternal National Glory, - A cyberpunk-themed Timeline and Taiwan's Invasion of the Mainland=

For the next chapter, what should the focus be on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
since the first preludes are complete, I have set up a poll for you all. Just to see what you want the next chapter to be about

(o_0)

I just realized that the Commodore license has just been taken over by the Italians:

Hmm... that's interesting. On the English and German wikis I cant find much data on the current owners of Commodore (or at least what's left of it lmao) and it seems that this Luigi Simonetti guy is the current head of the brand,

Commodore is a very peculiar case about high rise and then financial ruin.

Oh geez, looks like the poll is 50/50. And I've only begun writing for what I thought would be the winning choice 😤
I need one more vote soon..

All caught up and loving the realistic take on the Cyberpunk genre, Keep it up.
Thanks m8, I'm currently writing up on the 4th chapter, the results of the 1960 election will certainly lead to some interesting outcomes building up to conflict in Asia. I'm also going to include some important technical developments, both as they happened OTL and a few additional aspects regarding the MacArthur years' legacy on ARPA...

Will Democrats be the "conservatives", whatever that entails, in this TL? Despite popular belief and despite who they vote for almost always being liberals against American conservatism, conservative Democrats (in that they have old-fashioned opinions about youth culture, gender, and racial issues) still exist and I could easily see that being a more popular position here.

I would like to point out this current story written on the Forum des Uchronies Francophones on a reconquest also of mainland China by the KMT nationalists. The point of divergence is the American intervention in Indochina in 1954:

What is the Great Ghost Dance actually? I'm not too familiar with this👀
It's from the Shadowrun RPG series. Basically a magic ritual performed by Native Americans fighting the United States government that caused Mount Rainier, Mount Saint Helens, Mount Adams and Mount Hood to simultaneously erupt.

Will Democrats be the "conservatives", whatever that entails, in this TL? Despite popular belief and despite who they vote for almost always being liberals against American conservatism, conservative Democrats (in that they have old-fashioned opinions about youth culture, gender, and racial issues) still exist and I could easily see that being a more popular position here.
It might end up that way as such, I haven't exactly planned out the political dynamics between the two American parties just yet, but I'm leaning more into the idea that conservatsim is likely to play a bigger part amongst the democrats. However, as in otl, many of the modern trends in the Democrats as setup by JFK will still follow.

I would like to point out this current story written on the Forum des Uchronies Francophones on a reconquest also of mainland China by the KMT nationalists. The point of divergence is the American intervention in Indochina in 1954:

Hmmm... interesting, while I had considered a KMT reinvasion of China through some extension of the Vietnam war, I didn't think that having it happen in a 1950s point of divergence would fit with the general changes in society I envision. Much of my TL is based on an altered space race that boomed during the late 50s into the late 60s, and having R & D funds being moved to an earlier Vietnam before the employment of civilian rocketry would lessen the civilian technological advancements that took place with Transistors, ARPA and NASA by the beginning of the 60s.

Though maybe a Chinese escalation of a 1954 American Vietnam war would be more realistic than my version of a China war via an enhanced Guoguang plan

It's from the Shadowrun RPG series. Basically a magic ritual performed by Native Americans fighting the United States government that caused Mount Rainier, Mount Saint Helens, Mount Adams and Mount Hood to simultaneously erupt.
I have no knowledge at all of the Shadowrun RPG, but it's very unlikely that my TL will have any magic in it that causes volcanic eruptions 😅

Also everyone, as I'm responding to queries and other replies, the progress of the first mainline chapter is nearly complete.
I just have to flesh out some things so that I can upload it...hopefully before the end of this week. Also, if any of you have any ideas or suggestions with regards to the field of Soviet cybernetics, please let me know!

Oh, and one more thing, a little bit of a spoiler, but,
if any of you are aware of Recombinant DNA; Paul Berg will finish his experiment on E.coli and the consequences thereof will be widespread.

Last edited:
Also everyone, as I'm responding to queries and other replies, the progress of the first mainline chapter is nearly complete.
I just have to flesh out some things so that I can upload it...hopefully before the end of this week. Also, if any of you have any ideas or suggestions with regards to the field of Soviet cybernetics, please let me know!

Oh, and one more thing, a little bit of a spoiler, but,
if any of you are aware of Recombinant DNA; Paul Berg will finish his experiment on E.coli and the consequences thereof will be widespread.
OK, Studies and Assignments were a lot more numerous than I thought it'd be, looks like another chapter is more likely to be done next week, just gonna let you all know, m'kay?

Thanks m8, that's exactly the aesthetic I'm aiming for, nice music btw! The 70s and early 80s will very much be the embodiment of this style..
Here’s some more in that kind of style if you’re ever needing 80s: