Es Geloybte Aretz - a Germanwank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations!

I have much enjoyed reading this timeline over the past 7 years, and look forwards to the future epilogue snippets. A magnificent story

Congrats on reaching completion and thanks for taking us along.

It should be said again that this is one of the best timelines I have had the pleasure of reading.

While I didn't get into reading this timeline until it was already a few years old, I have to say that it was one of the best written and researched timelines that I have had the pleasure of reading. I can't wait to read the wrap-up. Congratulations.

Well - I just can't "like" the end of the TL...

I had high hopes you would carry the story into and beyond the coming rematch...

Sigh - I assume even the best times must end some day...

Last edited:
I'll just join in and say that I have enjoyed this excellent timeline, and look for whatever you decide to do next :)

thank you as well for a well-written story. I like to imagine that all alternative history stories, if not all stories, carry a point or a commentary on the history of the world itself. Strangely enough for a German-Russian centred story, my main takeaway is the extent to which OTL is an Ameriwank. The style of the writing in the vignettes can be compared favourably to that of a young Len Deighton.

Is it the end of everything or just of the first "book"?

It is the end of the main timeline. There will be a continuation, in a briefer format (mostly mock-history book style) and an epilogue (looking at the world in the early 21st century), but this is it. No longer will we follow the fates of Wilhelm, von der Goltz, and Rathenau, the rising stars of Souchon and Seeckt, the fame of Ingenohl and Falkenhayn, or the careers of Feldwebel Lagarde and Telephonist Grishina.

But first, I'm going to put a story-only version, cleaned up and with canonical retcons, into Finished Timelines and Scenarios. That's what's been keeping me busy lately.

Endings are one of the most difficult things to do. I like that it's not quite ended, merely a change of formatting. I think this is quite satisfactory.

If you want a bad ending, read the Dark Tower by Stephen King. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.