England-Portugal dynastic/personal union?

Seeing that England/Britain and Portugal were the best of pals for a long time OTL, would a dynastic union have been possible?

Post-Reformation this would be difficult due to England going Protestant, so I assume a pre-mid15th century POD would be needed.

So could we see a Portuguese monarch on the English throne or an English king ruling Portugal?

How about a scenario where richard III wins the battle of Bothsworth (if i spelt that right) Wasn't he due to Marry a Portuguese princess? from there you could somewhere.

Seeing that England/Britain and Portugal were the best of pals for a long time OTL, would a dynastic union have been possible?

Post-Reformation this would be difficult due to England going Protestant, so I assume a pre-mid15th century POD would be needed.

So could we see a Portuguese monarch on the English throne or an English king ruling Portugal?

Charles V was planning to marry Mary I to his nephew Luís, Duke of Beja, who was a son of Manuel I of Portugal. Maybe if Henry VIII had died in that tournament accident in 1536 and Anne Boleyn and her young daughter had being expelled from power than such plan would have a chance of happening.

It's easier than one would think - after Henry VI's death, the Lancastrian claim was technically inherited by House Avis (via John of Gaunt's oldest child, Philippa of Lancaster, Queen of Portugal), so a decisive Lancastrian victory in the War of the Roses could see a union between England and Portugal (of course, a decisive Lancastrian victory would presumably imply Edward of Westminster isn't killed, so there's that problem).

Delvestius

Banned
I believe that it Napoleon was successful in conquering Spain and had halted his eastward marches, Portugal would have been alright with being a protectorate of Britain, so as to defend from the French menace.

I believe that it Napoleon was successful in conquering Spain and had halted his eastward marches, Portugal would have been alright with being a protectorate of Britain, so as to defend from the French menace.
It was a protectorate in all but name in 1807. However, replacing D. Maria I, who was quite popular with the people, with George III wouldn't really work and not worth the risk. First, you have to dethrone Maria. Then, you have to force Prince D. João to step down as regent and then you need to convince the Portuguese aristocracy and burgueoise to accept George as their king, whereas they hated the administration of Lord Beresford IOTL. Remember, Portugal is an Absolute Monarchy and being ruled by a mad English king acting via an English regent is a receipt for disaster.

The consequences for Brazil would be interesting. How would it fare as a British colony?