Edward IV dies earlier

Clarence always struck me as the self-destructive type, so I can imagine him hanging himself, metaphorically.

I’ve always thought it’d be fun to pair him with Buckingham, as some sort of blundering dynamic duo that inevitably gets themselves killed out of some hilarious incompetence.

I’ve always thought it’d be fun to pair him with Buckingham, as some sort of blundering dynamic duo that inevitably gets themselves killed out of some hilarious incompetence.
What a duo. They'd be hilarious in power together; constantly trying to dig at each other and one up each other for every ounce of power they can get their mits on. And probably end up destroying themselves in the process.
What a crack comedy team they would make
Oh, that they certainly would.

Clarence always struck me as the self-destructive type, so I can imagine him hanging himself, metaphorically.
He could make a mess of it, but I think having him in Burgundy in a rather precarious situation might lessen the damage he could cause in the short run.

Who's to say Stillington doesn't die?
Wasn't he affiliated with Gloucester? Why would he strengthen Clarence's claims? At most, he spills it to Gloucester, who either has him killed/executed, or orders him to stay silent (cuz he's a priest and stuff)

Didn't he genuinely believe in his story?

Might have, we have no way of knowing the thoughts of a man who's been dead for more than 500 years.

Even if he did believe it, Clarence is next in line, I don't think he'll spill it.
Unless he had already spilled it at Clarence before telling that to Richard

Might have, we have no way of knowing the thoughts of a man who's been dead for more than 500 years.

Even if he did believe it, Clarence is next in line, I don't think he'll spill it.

If he did believe it, than Clarence is rightful King according to Stillington, so from the POV of genuinely-believing-in Talbot marriage Stillington, not supporting Clarence would be a treason.

If he did believe it, than Clarence is rightful King according to Stillington, so from the POV of genuinely-believing-in Talbot marriage Stillington, not supporting Clarence would be a treason.
Bruh he was a supporter of Gloucester. Clarence tried to not let Gloucester marry Anne Neville. Stillington doesn't have any reason to support Clarence, but has reason to oppose him. What makes you think that he can't die, and his knowledge with him, or he would believe that the marriage was illegitimate?

The chances of him supporting Clarence are near nada.

Bruh he was a supporter of Gloucester. Clarence tried to not let Gloucester marry Anne Neville. Stillington doesn't have any reason to support Clarence, but has reason to oppose him. What makes you think that he can't die, and his knowledge with him, or he would believe that the marriage was illegitimate?

The chances of him supporting Clarence are near nada.

English Wikipedia page states that Stillington was imprisoned in 1478 for his alleged connections to Clarence.

English Wikipedia page states that Stillington was imprisoned in 1478 for his alleged connections to Clarence.
Dying, then. If he gave Clarence the details as suggested, Clarence would have used it, IMO it isn't plausible for him to support Clarence. Also, loyalties change,but with reasons.

You use alleged, wiki uses apparently, meaning that it is possible, but probably unconfirmed......

Dying, then. If he gave Clarence the details as suggested, Clarence would have used it, IMO it isn't plausible for him to support Clarence. Also, loyalties change,but with reasons.

You use alleged, wiki uses apparently, meaning that it is possible, but probably unconfirmed......
Clarence would have nothing to gain from the invalidity of Edward and Elizabeth‘s wedding as his brother was still alive

Which brother?
Edward IV in OTL. Clarence needed to remove Edward from the throne not his heirs. And denouncing the invalidity of Edward and Elizabeth‘s wedding would be a bad move as Edward would be able to deny or at the worst still able to remarry and siring indisputably legitimate heirs

Last edited:
Edward IV in OTL. Clarence needed to remove Edward from the throne not his heirs. And denouncing the invalidity of Edward and Elizabeth‘s wedding would be a bad move as Edward would be able to deny or at the worst still able to remarry and siring indisputably legitimate heirs
Edward IV dies earlier ITTL.