Development of an Ottoman Sicily?

I wonder if there would be more greek influence in this Ottoman Sicily?

Keep in mind that even OTL, in Palermo, until the end of the sixteenth century there was a portion of the Kalsa district, which was inhabited by Greek immigrants, who carried out the trade of fishermen, sailors and carpenters, so as to give their name to a city gate, the Gate of the Greeks

porta dei greci.png

Community that also had an Orthodox church, dedicated to Saint Nicholas, which was destroyed in the anti-Bourbon revolt of 1848. In the photo, the little that remains

San-Nicolo-la-carrubba-scaled.jpg

OTL the Greek community, for religious reasons, was treated badly by the Spaniards, much worse than the Orthodox of Piana degli Albanesi: at a certain point, with the excuse of modernizing the walls of Palermo, their houses were demolished without compensation. Following this and other harassments, the Greeks abandoned the city.

ITL being the Ottomans on average more tolerant than the Spaniards, the Greek community could also grow and reach today

dcharles

Banned
I think the Reformation would actually spread faster in this scenario, since the Papacy and its allies will be forced to spend more time and money fighting in the Mediterranean. "Better a Turk than a Papist" was a thing, after all:

Yeah, I lean towards that. Or at least there is the potential for major heresies. There was a lot to be pissed about if you were a Catholic in the 1400s.