deleted

Oh, I'm an idiot. Alright.

Hmm. That's cool. What's the worlda-accepted color scheme now, the RCS? As far as I know, the UCS is "formally" outdated, and TACOS is sometimes said to be an "anti-Color Scheme" of sorts, because it defeats the purpose of having a set of recognizable colors.

I was thinking I might kinda go against color schemes as well by including alternate colors—Superman's US blue (if he wouldn't mind), those different Russian colors, etc.

That's a pretty fair assessment of things. RCS is the most up to date yes.

Oh, I'm an idiot. Alright.

Hmm. That's cool. What's the worlda-accepted color scheme now, the RCS? As far as I know, the UCS is "formally" outdated, and TACOS is sometimes said to be an "anti-Color Scheme" of sorts, because it defeats the purpose of having a set of recognizable colors.

I was thinking I might kinda go against color schemes as well by including alternate colors—Superman's US blue (if he wouldn't mind), those different Russian colors, etc.

I like to use the TACOS image as a palette. If I want a random "red" or "blue" or "green" or "brown" that's distinguished from the RCS colors but comes with a like color for protectorates and/or territories, it's a great resource.

In fact, my go-to color for Texas wanks came from the TACOS color for "cult of personality" entry on it. :D
Hmmm. Also, what do you guys think about the land/sea colors? I know Lascupa uses slightly different shades than I have been using, so . . . ?

. . . and I'm done with all country borders (well, there's probably some imperfections we'll notice eventually, but it's near usable at this point) and I'm quite glad. Western Sahara isn't completely finished, but I've not idea of the constantly complex political status at this point.

I'll make a color-key map in a minute.

I'm planning on revising the Amazon delta somewhat in the near future, but I'm putting it off a few days because I'm lazy, so if anyone wants to outdo me in the productivity department, there you go.

But seriously, here's the map.

Ya know, you keep saying you're lazy, but this kind of indicates otherwise.

Are you planning to add rivers at some point or mainly just lakes?

They could make the basemaps for OTL years easier to make.

Penelope

Banned
I'm willing to help with whatever's needed, as well as help out with the color scheme. Question: are you going to add in Antarctica to the basemap, or are you going to leave it out?

Penelope

Banned
Hm. One idea I've previously considered for my own maps is placing two smaller polar projections in the bottom corners, below the rest. Perhaps that could work for Antarctica here, since the Miller map distorts it a bit?

Hm. One idea I've previously considered for my own maps is placing two smaller polar projections in the bottom corners, below the rest. Perhaps that could work for Antarctica here, since the Miller map distorts it a bit?

I've seen that on a Worlda basemap, and I really like it.

Would we have two different projections featuring Antarctica, a half-size Antarctica and a half-size Arctic, or an Antarctica plus something else?

Polar in the corner? Maybe make a version with a key on it, which has a small polar projection of Antarctica so someone can use it if they need it.

Anyway I colored the world with the same color scheme as my signature but with any other country that has unconnected territory added.
I also made the following edits:
Timor - Coast and exclave of East Timor
Gibraltar - British pixel
Réunion - French pixel
Bonaire - Dutch pixel
Akrotiri and Dhekelia on Cyprus
Closed Kazakhstan-Russia border
Galapagos - complete redo
Socotra - Yemeni pixel
Added Qatar/Saudi Border
Abkhazia and South Ossetia - changed to claim colors

Feel free to change it back to the blank one if you just want to keep the changes and not the colors.

tmam.png

Last edited:
Now there's something which I keep seeing which bugs me a little- that Finland/Estonia combination of purple and light purple. Purple Finland works given the neighbours, but it does rather make Estonia look like a Finnish puppet.

Here is my go. I know Marajo is more accurate- it's not an island, or two as you had it. The delta islands I'm not so sure about.

Patch 013 (WorldB Amazon 001).png