DBWI: Why is France not popular with international tourists?

Who wants to visit the melted radioactive stump that is the eiffle tower? Or the bombed out Mediterranean sea ports?
Well, if Garibaldi hadn't marched in to reclaim his city of birth on behalf of Italy, then France would benefit from the incredibly popular seaside resort of Nizza...

If these ’History Heroes’ didn’t buy up these items, they most likely wouldn’t have survived in the first place. Just look at how the French Revolutionaries demolished the Versailles and the Tuileries for being the symbol of ‘feudalism’ for example.The French have no respect for history.
Some French opposition figures have called for creating a organisation that will own all historical artifacts smuggled out of France. This organisation would use the profit generated from renting out artifacts to support French opposition activities and living costs. They claim that any sale is just as illegal as current government. Once the people of France rise up they claim that France will clean itself up, and rise to become a world leader again. Then they assert that all French artifacts must be returned to France. That said, how likely is it that any artifacts will be returned to France anytime soon, or at all? Is it morally right for the artifacts to be returned?

You know what I'm worried about? I'm worried about how America's incoming president, Phil Swift, is going to handle relations with the French. He seems to have no respect for them, and is constantly insulting or attacking them, like the time he commented he would send them ten tons of Bend Tape so they can fix their country. I'm just worried he might just provoke them too much...

You know what I'm worried about? I'm worried about how America's incoming president, Phil Swift, is going to handle relations with the French. He seems to have no respect for them, and is constantly insulting or attacking them, like the time he commented he would send them ten tons of Bend Tape so they can fix their country. I'm just worried he might just provoke them too much...
That's true, but I don't think there is much France can do if they can't even take back Brittany. I mean, the Germans could singlehandedly swat them back down if they wanted to. France never had the money for nuclear programs, so I don't see what they could do. It's still definitely an issue for Europe(being so friendly to the US), but I don't see it as much of an issue beyond prestige.

People don’t like France because France doesn’t like them. You need ID papers to get anywhere, the police are terrifyingly authoritarian and rapey, and the people are racist. I (Polish/German Jew) worked there for around a year and it’s a nightmare. You need a “passeport interné” to leave the metropolitan area you live in, which has your name, age, biological sex, race, and job printed on it. French work visas also have some wild fine print, the most obnoxious of that being that you can’t travel more than 1000 meters away from your place of employment.

The Ballet du Opéra du Paris was fantastic, their artistic staff was incredible, and they’re funded by the French Ministry of Culture, but the internal and external politics makes it so not worth it.

Let's not forget about France attempting to assassinate Crown Prince Wilhelm and Otto von Bismarck with a Mitrailleuse!

It caused such a stir when the official papers signed by Emperor Napoleon III himself were found on the assassins.

Let's not forget about France attempting to assassinate Crown Prince Wilhelm and Otto von Bismarck with a Mitrailleuse!

It caused such a stir when the official papers signed by Emperor Napoleon III himself were found on the assassins.
Yeah, that was the reason all of Alsace Lorraine was taken, IIRC.

Indeed and the international outcry was so bad that German-Americans with experience from the American Civil War decided to head back to the fatherland to teach the French a lesson and Queen Victoria gave a remarkable speech at Parliament condemning the attempted assassination.

Indeed and the international outcry was so bad that German-Americans with experience from the American Civil War decided to head back to the fatherland to teach the French a lesson and Queen Victoria gave a remarkable speech at Parliament condemning the attempted assassination.
Yeah, the US antiFrench sentiment was already up by a bit because of the Monroe Doctrine Violation. I think the vocal outcry here was why the US actually became more pro German. The yellow page journalism on the Paris commune didn't help though.

It's a good thing Germany took all of Lorraine east of the Moselle River. Saved a good chunk of French culture from being destroyed.

These days, Straßburg, Metz, Nanzig, and Beffert are all considered to be centers of French culture.

Yeah, the US antiFrench sentiment was already up by a bit because of the Monroe Doctrine Violation. I think the vocal outcry here was why the US actually became more pro German. The yellow page journalism on the Paris commune didn't help though.

Come to think of it, the veterans of the 32nd were using surplus Henry's and Spencer's and repeated their charge up Missionary Ridge at Sedan, acting as shock troops for the German Army.

But what's ironic about the men who formerly served in the 32nd is their commander in the American Civil War, August Willich, was a open Communist and leader in the 1848 Revolution yet the Kaiser pardoned him due to his heroics against the French and his tactics.

OOC: In case anyone is interested. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_Willich

But the United States is the country that originated COVID-19 and plenty of people go there.
One of my facebook friends linked a website called americantruthnow50, it claimed in an article that covid-19 originate with illegal Mexican immigrants. Do you think there is anything to the story, or could it be fake news?