DBWI: No Sino-Soviet War

colonel

Donor
Nuclear power would be less economical, no nuclear war means all those warhead won't be turned into reactor fuel (ironic).
Doubly ironic, there would still be peaceful nuclear explosions and nuclear propulsion for spacecraft would already be adopted.
Have they finally decommissioned all of the old Soviet plants. The IAEA indicated the designs were incredibly dangerous, and it was only having their personnel ordering emergency shit downs that prevented three separate meltdowns.

Have they finally decommissioned all of the old Soviet plants. The IAEA indicated the designs were incredibly dangerous, and it was only having their personnel ordering emergency shit downs that prevented three separate meltdowns.
After the near meltdown of chernobyl most did get decomossioned yes but some are kept for power reason i think

colonel

Donor
You would think the scare they got after the near miss outside St. Petersberg would have scared them to the point where they would be willing to live in the dark for awhile.

Their first-gen designs were very concerning. The later designs were actually pretty good so long as they had regular maintenance by well-trained and supplied technicians. Problem is they ran out of parts starting about two years after the war, only custom equipment from survivng parts of Eastern Europe fot the bill and wasn't cheap.

colonel

Donor
Their first-gen designs were very concerning. The later designs were actually pretty good so long as they had regular maintenance by well-trained and supplied technicians. Problem is they ran out of parts starting about two years after the war, only custom equipment from survivng parts of Eastern Europe fot the bill and wasn't cheap.
So it’s good to know that it’s likely all the 1st gen reactors are retired and dismantled.

There was another attacked by the terrorist group VEHEMENT. You know those crazy lunatics that think that humanity should go extinct.

There was another attacked by the terrorist group VEHEMENT. You know those crazy lunatics that think that humanity should go extinct.

Visualize the End of Humanity's Existance by Mass Extermination with Nuclear and other Technologies? A well-heeled fringe group with friends in high and low places on the death list of the Camorra, Cosa Nostra, Arrigado cartel, and half a dozen other criminal empires. Their days are numbered, these wackos make those Afghani fundamentalists look like liberal pacifists.

Visualize the End of Humanity's Existance by Mass Extermination with Nuclear and other Technologies? A well-heeled fringe group with friends in high and low places on the death list of the Camorra, Cosa Nostra, Arrigado cartel, and half a dozen other criminal empires. Their days are numbered, these wackos make those Afghani fundamentalists look like liberal pacifists.
Yeah I know they somehow got a hold of (and used) phosphine gas this time.

colonel

Donor
Forgive American Boomer ignorance, but when did the World Cup resume after the War? I would ask one of my grandkids, but they would just roll their eyes.
Well I had to google it. For anyone who didn’t know the World Cup resumed in 1978,

But given the amount of cash they spent I find it very strange they chose to release it in a tourist mecca that just happened to have a major crime summit going on down the street. Almost as if it was intended to play out that way.

But given the amount of cash they spent I find it very strange they chose to release it in a tourist mecca that just happened to have a major crime summit going on down the street. Almost as if it was intended to play out that way.
The main agenda of the summit was how to deal with them. That was just released I find it strange that they knew that though.

Last edited:

colonel

Donor
The 1983 Quebec City Declaration by the US, UK, and France saying use of any weapon of mass destruction anywhere would be considered an act of war against each of those powers, is still in effect. The problem is the declaration anticipated the act being taken by a nation or rebel group. Still all the major powers will likely cooperate to destroy VEHEMENT.
Their funding can be identified and cut off. If one of the Chinese remnants or other state actor is involved there are also other options.

Probably from China, they had a fairly active chemical weapons industry in the years leading up to the war, and I’m pretty sure the Fascist Warlord state continued where they left off.
I heard a warlord group (i forgot what group) attacked a railway station in shanxi using chemical weapon for i think said railway station has 2 train filled with weapons for the shanxi national goverment and reportedly the weapons came from both former pla stockpile and soviet army surplus (i dont know how they manage to get their hands on the soviets stuff but from the stuff i read VEHEMENT funded them)

colonel

Donor
VEHEMENT has never been has effective as the media makes out. They’re really a front group and convenient bogeyman for any criminal or terrorist act that takes place. There was a declassified CIA report released by the President this year indicating of the 12 separate acts of terror allegedly perpetrated by VEHEMENT, five were actually done by other groups or individuals, three never actually occurred or were accidents (i.e. the train derailment and chemical leak in China in 2015 was an accident), and only four were done by what can loosely be called VEHEMENT. The last documented action by the organization was in 2018. They’ve likely remained inactive because of the effectiveness of the efforts to defund them and in identifying and going after the leadership in the last three years. The leaders laughed and gave interviews mocking the US when indictments were issued in 2014. They haven’t even been seen in public since the first drone strikes took place in 2018.

Talking about the Chinese Factions

colonel

Donor
. . .
About the only faction that could put up airfields and be a threat are the Nationalists as their core is by far the least damaged. About the only reason they haven't completely taken over at this point is that China is such a mess. The Communists are no longer a significant faction, Mao saw to that. The war shattered the countries faith in Communists as they caused the biggest disaster by far in Chinese history. You have the Buddhist Theocrats , you have the monarchists who are trying to figure out who has the best claim to the throne and the Shining Way which are basically a bunch of neo-fascists which seem to have taken elements from Fascist Italy and Fascist Spain.
The Nationalists have made some significant inroads since they finally decided to engage and go back to the mainland from Taiwan. The Buddhists and the monarchists are generally reasonable. What are the chances these factions finally join forces to roll over Shining Path and finally reunite China?

The Nationalists have made some significant inroads since they finally decided to engage and go back to the mainland from Taiwan. The Buddhists and the monarchists are generally reasonable. What are the chances these factions finally join forces to roll over Shining Path and finally reunite China?
That would be the best case scenario but the Shining Path is really good at playing the three stronger powers against each other. They are strong enough to be useful but not powerful enough to be a likely winner.

That would be the best case scenario but the Shining Path is really good at playing the three stronger powers against each other. They are strong enough to be useful but not powerful enough to be a likely winner.
yes the shining path is good at that. However the other three are beginning to catch on and realize that their goals are not mutually exclusive.