DBWI Nickleback doesn't die

As part of a promotional campain the canadian band Nickleback decided to have a live concert on the twin towers. It was 911 and as the consort played live their tower was hit first....

Some say that Nickleback had great potential and could have been canada's Beatles, that they could have redefined the music scene if they had just gotten the chance, but that chance was cut short by a tragic moment, but what if Nickleback didn't die on 911 how would that affect their popularity and the music world at large?

The massive growth in popularity of somewhat bland, middle of the road guitar rock that is just about acceptable to the composite music consumer in the 2000s never happens, as all of the tributes to Nickelback turn instead into disgust with the concept of making elements of grunge into inoffensive mainstream music, and the band becomes quite unpopular with the least profitable demographics of music fans and maintains and grows its popularity with the profitable, teenage girl, segment of music fans.

But nickelback is canada's Jimi Hendrix.

Not even close. Nickelback is like Ovaltine, not to my taste. If I was a terrorist, captured and wasting away in Guantanamo, and the Yanquis played Nickelback, I would talk. Please respect Canada, and Jimi. Perhaps Nickelback is Canada's John Tesh, but there's no reason to get silly. No one makes you listen. If they do, get out of the damn elevator, or don't shop there.

Creed wouldn't have had their turnaround as a result. Scott Stapp tells it in his biography With Arms Wide Open about how the news of Nickelback's death had shaken him to his core. He had let the fame go to his head and had a lot of addictions. After the death, Stapp checked into rehab and the Weathered tour was delayed until Creed found a new frontman. That road led to Myles Kennedy of the Mayfield Four and while it took time, Mark Tremonti became one of the best damn guitarists in rock at that point and soon Creed took a harder edge and brought it to the mainstream. Sure, it resulted in a lot of watered down Creed knock-offs (*cough* Hinder *cough*) but it pretty much was a renaissance for what everyone had denounced as discount Pearl Jam. Stapp would return as a writer for the band and occasional vocals, but he mostly stayed out of the limelight after rehab.

Nickleback had a large stage crew and a lot of fans came down from Canada to see them.
There would have been fewer dead Canadians on 911, and less Canadian troops in Afghanistan as a result. Just maybe that Canadian patrol wouldn't have wounded and captured Osama Bin Ladin. Deprived of Osama bin Laden's leadership and the bank books he was transporting Al Qieda fell apart rapidly.

ooc; I never understood the Nickelback hate. They have quite a few good songs. And seeing how succesfull they are, most people agree.
According to BMG stats, Nickelback is the eleventh best-selling musical act of all time. They’re also the second best-selling ‘foreign’ group in the US, behind only the Beatles.
[Source]
They are over 20 years old, and their 2009 tour alone pulled in over $100 million. They are the definition of success.

icc; Never heard of them. Bad timing on their parts.

Thousands of Pearl Jam and STP fans, believing the death of the band to be an act of God, become jihadis themselves. The ensuing mayhem results in the nuclear annihilation of Seattle in March 2003.:evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile:

ooc; I never understood the Nickelback hate. They have quite a few good songs. And seeing how succesfull they are, most people agree.

They are over 20 years old, and their 2009 tour alone pulled in over $100 million. They are the definition of success.

icc; Never heard of them. Bad timing on their parts.
OOC;

Its hipster hate, basically. Everyone virtue signals that they don't like Nickelback to be seen as being sophisticated and unique. It has become basically the stock joke of people desperate for something to say after coffee addict humor. People hold up signs saying that their political opponent likes Nickelback as if that is a good way to express their feelings.

In reality, they may not be everyone's preferred musical tastes but they generally have at least one or two songs people will cop to liking and they have been commercially successful. I'm not a fan, but there are much worse groups out there.