DBWI: Less popular Alternate History genre

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, @ksj, your thoughts on how Clash of the Worlds focused as much on ordinary soldiers and civilians as it did on the political leadership?
I loved it.
It make the series far more diverse and dyanmic and has a lot more action and worldbuilding compared to its predecessors The Tiger Awakened.

I loved it.
It make the series far more diverse and dyanmic and has a lot more action and worldbuilding compared to its predecessors The Tiger Awakened.
So, your thoughts on the "high point" of the A4's assaults in both Kaiserstein and TTA? How close were the A4 to winning at their "high point"?

So, your thoughts on the "high point" of the A4's assaults in both Kaiserstein and TTA? How close were the A4 to winning at their "high point"?
Almost nonexistent, their early invasions of both worlds were failures that ended causing a lot of damage and civillian deaths but ultimately were military and political diasasters when the German Empire smashed the invasion force in Kaiserstein France and GDI rallied and overwehlm the A4 within weeks through sheer numbers and logistic bottleneck caused by the nature of the portal with all of the issues that were later fixed by the Coalition when they launched the counter invasion.

As for the UN final counteroffensive, while they won many localized victories, it was a desperate last gamble which in the end failed to push the Coalition out of the AANW North America before running out of steam. It was their version of OTL Battle of the Bulge.

Last edited:
I loved it.
Same here. The common soldiers fighting and dying made the series more relatable, even if quite a few of the front line characters were sons and daughters of the elite like Kira Antonova, Matilde Wong, Luqiu Yimu, and Elizabeth Wayland on the Chinese side.

Yeah, and she fought against the A4 as an elite fighter pilot during the fronts of the war, even if she committed some war crimes like strafing civilians at Washington and New York.
Well that was but one of many incidents the Coalition commited that could be considered to be war crimes.

Remember when a German commander ordered AANW Ottawa to be razed to the ground after deciding it would be too costly to storm the city and fight brutal urban war with UN forces stationed there along with its armed inhabitants and would take too long to starve out.

Not to mention Coaltion council made out of both GDI and Reichspakt commanders actually considered and debated wheter or not to use it as a viable tactic, citing that the A4 did pretty much the same thing in their World War 2 and the extremely diehard resistance the United Nations joined by armed civillians put up especially in urban warfare.

This incident was repeated in AANW San Francisco when the GDI commander ordered the airforce to carpet bombed the city with phosphorus after encountering extremely stiff resistance.

Last edited:
I myself am actually partial to Erika "Thor class" superheavy tank. Nothing else says a "dieselpunk house sized mass of fuck you" with a ridiculously high powered gauss cannon than that.
Yeah, the Thor is basically a fortress with tracks. Even Kira had to admit that it was a machine of doom.

Another splendid work is an Italian one '800 Italiano (Italian '800) settled in a world when Fanz Joseph married Maria Helena of Bavaria instad of Sissi, and Sissi married Francis of 2 Sicilies.

Anywasy, @ksj, what was the most epic scene of Clash of the Worlds to you, I may ask?
Well for epic scenes in the series, there were many. But one of the most epic I think was when during the war where German forces stormed AANW London as one of the many staging points for the counterinvasion, the German aerial dreadnought London Overwatch, in the face of the still gaping A4 command staff in London, shrugged off a kinetic rod fired from one of the last of the few remainining A4 orbital platforms( which was then later destroyed with the rest by the Platzflotte and the GDI space command after they wiped the A4 space and orbital forces at the beginning of the counterinvasion).

Another epic moment was Oberst Grimm singlehandedly stormed the A4 moon base,wiping out the garrison and destroying the moon cannon before it can fire.

Last edited:
Anything on it for those who haven't seen it?
Well, Empress Nenè favours Italians above Hungarian, and Sissi became a very popular Dukess of Calabria, and then Queen. the second war of Italian Independence is butterflied away, Sicily and South-Italy became a Double Monarchy, like Austria and Lombardy-Venetia. No World War I nor II, but we will have a Cold War between democratic countries and Fascist bloc.

Status
Not open for further replies.