DBWI (Kaiserreich): No Commune of France

What would've happened if the loyalist French forces defeated the revolt organized by Sebastian Faure and his Comité de Salut Public in the aftermath of the Weltkrieg? Or if the General strike was somehow prevented from happening?

How would the political landscape of Europe develop?

OOC: This DBWI is set in the Kaiserreich timeline.

Well, France was the first of the Syndicalist nations, wasn't it? OK, while I don't believe in the 'Domino Effect', one can't deny that the revolution's success did contribute to the British Revolution and the Union of Britain. And kind of blew the starting whistle for the ideology gaining traction as far afield as North America.

Politically, without the Syndies: I doubt that you'd have the Commonwealth as it is now. OK, the UK is a major economic and military force, thanks to all the Canadian economic aid post-Liberation, but Canada and Australasia are the dominant powers in the Commonwealth and it really is an alliance of equals. Butterfly away the UoB and you might have had the old Imperial model with Britain at the centre.

If you don't mind my being frivolous: we wouldn't have all of those Anglo-Canadian films and TV shows about the Revolution, Mosley's Terror and the Liberation of 1944 :D Heck, Downton Abbey might not have existed, and broken my family's hearts when Lord Grantham and the butler get shot for 'counter-revolutionary activity'.

I wonder if Austria-Hungary would have reformed into the Danubian Federation and then peacefully transitioned into Syndicalism. It seems inevitable in hindsight, but with that big a PoD, who knows?