DBWI : John F Kennedy didn't get court martialed for the sinking of the PT 109

It would be a huge scandle if the pro Axis Joseph Kennedy's son was given a free pass and the press found out about it.

Kennedy's conviction was no more a miscarriage of justice than Breaker Morant's, that's why the judge that gave the ruling is under investigation.

Kennedy's conviction was no more a miscarriage of justice than Breaker Morant's, that's why the judge that gave the ruling is under investigation.
Just checked.. That investigation concluded that posthumous retrial weren't errorneous at all and kennedy's conviction was indeed a miscarriage of justice. That judge is scot-free.

The problem was, that it was turned out to be Miscarriage of Justice. It just turned out to be a worst Mistrial in The US history, just like Rosenburgs trial or Sacco and Vanzetti who got exonerated in 2001 and 2003 after a retrial, respectively.

You mean the same Rosenburgs that certainly passed classified secrets to the USSR? They got what they deserved. That they proved of little use doesn't change the fact that they passed them expecting them to be of use.

manav95

Banned
Just checked.. That investigation concluded that posthumous retrial weren't errorneous at all and kennedy's conviction was indeed a miscarriage of justice. That judge is scot-free.

I wonder why we need to still have retrials of retrials. Let the record show that JFK saved lives during that incident, that he served the despite having multiple health problems, and that he served despite the anti-British sympathies of his father.

Not to be a pedantic asshole, but the question was about the political fallout of him not being court martialed. If he wasn't, he probably stays in the Navy to help boost the Patriotism Points of his older brother, Joe Jr., who was groomed for the Presidency. While IOTL Joe lost the Presidency (partially because of that very court martial and also because he cheated on his wife and was an asshole about it) this could turn his chances around and put him in the Oval Office. I don't actually know much about him, minus that he was a Senator, and he ran for President in '60 and lost spectacularly to Richard Nixon, so what he does there is up to people who know what they're talking about. Him not being convicted also sets a different precedent for court martialing someone for sinking-- if it's not explicitly the captain's fault, they may not be able to convict. That's actually a good thing; the Navy used to sabotage and then court martial black or female captains for sinking and that removes the loophole.

The problem was, that it was turned out to be Miscarriage of Justice. It just turned out to be a worst Mistrial in The US history, just like Rosenburgs trial or Sacco and Vanzetti who got exonerated in 2001 and 2003 after a retrial, respectively.
My my you clearly have an axe to grind. A politician's son getting the boot from the Navy and a couple of spies found dead to rights being treated as such are the worst US miscarriages of justice?

Don't make me laugh.

I bet you're the type who think Vice Admiral Aucoin shouldn't have been courtmartialed.