DBWI: Harald Godwinson verlierts at Hastings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aswa wē all know, Haus Godwin's wealdan over Angland was geshert'd when Harald Godwinson defeated William af Normanland at battle.
What if, instede, William abreotid Harald and becumann King of Ænglaland?

Could you write this in modern English please, at least the title? It would be easier for us to understand. I understand the title because I speak German, but most of us don't, and it would be convenient for everyone if it was just in modern English.

Garrison

Donor
Aswa wē all know, Haus Godwin's wealdan over Angland was geshert'd when Harald Godwinson defeated William af Normanland at battle.
What if, instede, William abreotid Harald and becumann King of Ænglaland?
A) just about unreadable. B) Surely this should be in pre 1900.

OOC: idk I find the alt-English pretty neat. I don’t speak German or anything but it’s pretty obvious what the words mean from contextual clues. That being said, I’m no linguist and participating in the thread in character is a pretty high-level request that limits the accessibility to a very few people.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Not a DBWI, at least as far as I can tell, and also clearly in the wrong Forum.

Please note that ALL posts in languages other than English MUST include a full MODERN English Language translation. While there are exceptions for commonly used word or phrases (e.g. Gott in Himmel, Vaya con Dios, Deus Vult to use three somewhat related examples or terms like de facto) regularly encountered in English written or verbal discussions, this is an English language Board, and the community (including 100% of the Mods), overwhelmingly speaks English.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.