DBWI: Aviation during WWI

WI plane had been invented at the turn of the century rather than in 1919 and would have been advance enough to fight in WWI

I'm sure some one is going to contradict you and provide sufficient evidence to back it up...planes where invented before 1919 I think? I'll leave that to the more experienced people in the matter. I think even a small amount where used in the war, though only for surveillance purposes (as my history teacher said anyway).

(OOC:Its a double what if. He's telling an alternate history AS IF planes were invented after WWI)

These pre-'19 would probably never play any decisive role. Who would need flimsy wood and cloth planes for surveilence when you have strong,sturdy airships.

I'm sure some one is going to contradict you and provide sufficient evidence to back it up...planes where invented before 1919 I think? I'll leave that to the more experienced people in the matter. I think even a small amount where used in the war, though only for surveillance purposes (as my history teacher said anyway).

OOC: DBWI ;)

I'm not sure they would have had that much of an impact. To have much effect they would have had to be produced in large number, and with all sides producing tanks in large numbers I don't think anyone would have had the industrial capacity needed.

The British could have gotten into the fight a little sooner prehaps, planes are faster then ships, though they would have even less gear then they did ITTL.

With coastal spotter planes, there would have been no shelling of Scarborough- the ships would have been seen before they got in range, and the RN dispatched after them- if they hadn't developed torpedo-bombers by them.

~The Doctor~

WWII would have been a lot different, that's for sure.

The Germans estimated they wouldn't have a plane to deliver their A-bomb until 1949. Imagine if they had nuked London rather than the Allied armies crossing the Rhine?:eek:

Well, certainly the rise of John Arthur would have been altered, with the use of the Knights of Saint George in London. After the Germans forced the scrapping of the British fleet at Scapa Flow in 1920, the British reliance on the covert development of the "private air fleet" of John Arthur served to bolster his rise to power after 1929. The violent crackdown on the Irish Rebellion in 1925, under Arthur's forces served as another reminder that Arthur would be a force to be reckoned with....