Davis' Empire

This is a TL I intended to add events to on an irregular schedule.
POD-September 13,1862-The 27th Indian Volunteers move into a camp recently left by Hills Confederate troops,they discover nothing of note.
17 September,1862-The bulk of the army of Northern Virginia takes Martinsburg,West Virginia.
19 September,1862-Union forces are crushed at the Battle of Sharpsburg.
20 September,1862-Jefferson Davis and the Confederate Government send an Ultimatum to Lincoln in Washington that unless they accept the independence of the 13 southern states by the 24th September,the Peace will be harsh.
21 September,1862-The Union rejects the ultimatum.
24 September,1862-The Army of Northern Virginia advances on Washington.
26 September,1862-The French Empire recognizes the soverignity of the Confederate States of America.
27 September,1862-The United Kingdoms of Great Britain and Ireland recognize the sovernigty of the Confederate States of America.
28 September,1862-Confederate Forces begin to beseige Washington as Lincoln flees to Philidelphia.
30 September,1862-France joins the war against the United States.
12 October,1862-The French take Taulimpaos.
14 October,1862-Washington is taken by the Confederates.
16 October,1862-New York and Boston are attacked by French and British Ships.
18 October,1862-Confederate Troops advance on Philidelphia,in small numbers,but even so,the Union requests a ceasefire.
14 November,1862-The Hague Conference begins,the War between the States ends. The Confederacy is independent,plus gets Maryland,Delaware,Kentucky,Soutehrn Illinois,Oklahoma,Missouri,and Southern California.

How in the name of Heaven does the lost order not being lost lead to a major Confederate victory at Antietam?

How in the name of Heaven does the lost order not being lost lead to a major Confederate victory at Antietam?
It is not really plausible there,but I just wanted to finish up the Civil War quickly and simply,the emphasis will be on the post war world.

It is not really plausible there,but I just wanted to finish up the Civil War quickly and simply,the emphasis will be on the post war world.

It's not really plausible to the point of making the entire timeline break its leg before getting out of the starting gate.

I'd end the TL right there. Once perfection is reached why tamper any further?

You might have thought of giving the newly independent CSA at least a portion of the Arizona Territory, but too late now the ink is dry. The CSA getting southern IL was a nice touch. Pretty much every Northern opposed to the war was secretly longing to join the CSA and own a few slaves of their own. It's been a while since a TL has been written on these boards that included that little known facet of Civil War history. I'm surprised that the proud, freedom loving soldiers of CSA weren't able to capture that ape, Abe Lincoln, when they advanced on Philadelphia. Surely, the brute should have been tried, convicted and hanged for starting such a horrible conflict that threatened the idyllic life of those Southern gentlemen nothing but long for liberty.

I'm guessing the sequel will include a Confederacy that quickly emancipates its slaves, while the North becomes ever more oppressive. Looking forward to that one.

Benjamin

17 November 1862-The US Congress convenes in New York,the Capitol is changed to be there,however it remains part of the state.
20 November 1862-Union forces begin to move out of the territorys taken by the CSA.
1 December 1862-The CSA congress passes the Reconstruction Act,in which they will rebuild the places that have been destroyed.
4 Decmeber 1862-The District of Colombia is annexed into Maryland while the a new District of Colombia is created in Richmond.
12 December 1862-The CSA commits forces to help the French in Mexico.
3 January 1863-Mexico City falls to the French.
12 January 1863-The Confederate States of America declare war on the United Mexican States.
26 March 1863-Confederate troops take Chihuahua.
1 July 1863-Confederate,French,and Mexican leaders meet in Sinaloa,Mexico is turned inot the Mexican Empire,however Spain annexes the Yucatan,while the CSA is given Coahuila,New Leon,Tamaulipa,Chihauhua,Durango,Sonora,Baja California,and Sinaloa.
3 September 1863-The CSA Congress puts a bill into process that will build Canals in Arizona and the Mexican states to irrigate the land,in hopes that eventually cotton will be grown there.

And the irresistible force of "But I want to see the CSA win!" overcomes the historical barriers to the same.

Your timings are wrong. The British and the French seem to find out about the Southern victory, declare war and attack the US at sea in the space of a month. Thats simply not plausible given the communication times across the North Atlantic and the necessary time for a decision of that magnitude to be made...

Your timings are wrong. The British and the French seem to find out about the Southern victory, declare war and attack the US at sea in the space of a month. Thats simply not plausible given the communication times across the North Atlantic and the necessary time for a decision of that magnitude to be made...
So hwo long would you say it would take for that to occur?

So hwo long would you say it would take for that to occur?

An Atlantic crossing took between 3 and 6 weeks in each direction, depending on weather. Additionally you're talking about potentially several weeks for Parliament to argue its way to a decision before sending its response, and then another week or so for the Admiralty to make plans and send word to the Halifax station to commence the attack, or thereabouts. So maybe 3-4 months total, perhaps longer.

But as others say, there's a lot more problems with this TL.

Incidentally, you realise that "Colombia" is the one in South America, and "Columbia" is the one in North America, right?

I'd end the TL right there. Once perfection is reached why tamper any further?

You might have thought of giving the newly independent CSA at least a portion of the Arizona Territory, but too late now the ink is dry. The CSA getting southern IL was a nice touch. Pretty much every Northern opposed to the war was secretly longing to join the CSA and own a few slaves of their own. It's been a while since a TL has been written on these boards that included that little known facet of Civil War history. I'm surprised that the proud, freedom loving soldiers of CSA weren't able to capture that ape, Abe Lincoln, when they advanced on Philadelphia. Surely, the brute should have been tried, convicted and hanged for starting such a horrible conflict that threatened the idyllic life of those Southern gentlemen nothing but long for liberty.

I'm guessing the sequel will include a Confederacy that quickly emancipates its slaves, while the North becomes ever more oppressive. Looking forward to that one.

Benjamin

I think, um, I think that you are joking? If you are joking this is pretty great satire of Lost Cause/Confederacywank BS.

If you are not joking this is so, so wrong.