CSA Gradual Emancipation

Do not let a few can't happen thinkers
put you off your story.
As I said in my post
Make your POD then somehow within your story butterfly away The victories by the Union in the west and New Orleans. Have some type of Slave uprising that causes the south to either free them or to expell them

Man, everybody pretty much destroyed my ideas. I guess I'll just not post my work if it's so beyond the realm of possibility. Thank you all for your input.

Do not let a few can't happen thinkers
put you off your story.
As I said in my post
Make your POD then somehow within your story butterfly away The victories by the Union in the west and New Orleans. Have some type of Slave uprising that causes the south to either free them or to expell them

The problem is that it is near ASB. It would take a near miracle for the South to win in the long run. It would take another near miracle for abolitionists to get into power. If the choices are free them or expel them the slaves will be shipped off to some god forsaken territory after a huge racial war gets a good portion of the population killed. Even then it is very unlikely as the US would probably reconquer it to restore order.

I do remember one of the alt history wikia TLs mentioning that the CSA go for emancipation in return for a very large amount of financial aid from Britain.

The TL that I'm working on currently has the CSA giving up slaves by 1900 via industrialization. I'm trying to make it (or force it) to be as realistic as possible and not ASB at all. I've got a map, and the idea for a flag that works off of combining the Bonnie Blue and the Third National.

I recommend posting it on the writing forum. While wildly unlikely, it's vastly more credible than most published books where the Confederacy gains independence.

Wolfpaw

Banned
I do remember one of the alt history wikia TLs mentioning that the CSA go for emancipation in return for a very large amount of financial aid from Britain.
Most people take offense at being offered a bribe to surrender their ideological beliefs.

Most people take offense at being offered a bribe to surrender their ideological beliefs.

Yet, governments can find ways to spin it so that it appears that the quid is not related to the pro quo. I don't think that it would happen, let alone work however in the case of the CSA.