Could a Valois Spain coexist with a Bourbon France

Could a Valois Spain coexist with a Bourbon France, since I am making a timeline about the Castillan war of Succession between Juana and Isabella and one of these girls marry a Valois.

I don't think so. Any Valois who would find himself on the Spanish throne would have more right to the French throne than a Bourbon. The reason is that the Valois are descendents of Philip III of France while the Bourbon are descendants of St. Louis IX of France (Philip III's father).

A possibility I see would be for the Valois King of Spain to appear more Spanish than French. After all, one of the admitted reason we got the Hundread Years War was to prevent the English King from being the King of France : here, we would have a similar scenario with a Spanish King.

I don't think so. Any Valois who would find himself on the Spanish throne would have more right to the French throne than a Bourbon. The reason is that the Valois are descendents of Philip III of France while the Bourbon are descendants of St. Louis IX of France (Philip III's father).

A possibility I see would be for the Valois King of Spain to appear more Spanish than French. After all, one of the admitted reason we got the Hundread Years War was to prevent the English King from being the King of France : here, we would have a similar scenario with a Spanish King.

Pretty much, just give the two branches enough generations for them to be seen as very different from each other and there you go.

Pretty much, just give the two branches enough generations for them to be seen as very different from each other and there you go.

The Spanish Bourbons and Austrian Hapsburgs coexisted for centuries, even though Hapsburg lost the throne in a brutal civil war, so I don't see why not.

Another question is how the Valois can be called in Spain, I think Valois is hard to figure out the pronunciation.

Xwarq said:
Probably Velua or Valua. If they don't just stay as Valois and try to imitate the French pronunciation.

Valua could work in my opinion. In Spanish, the pronounciation would be close to the French pronounciation of Valois. So, it would be pretty simple to use that name.

Another possibility would be the Spanishisation of Valois into a more Spanish pronounciation, but I'm not expert enough with Spanish to see what would be the result.

Another question is how the Valois can be called in Spain, I think Valois is hard to figure out the pronunciation.

Note then the much harder "Hapsburg" simply changed to "Austria" among the people, but then Austria is safely a few thousand kilometers away and has a nice record of no invasions prior to the dinastic change.

Valuá is a close transliteration into spanish, but "valois", as it is, can pe pronounced perfectly into spanish, even if it will not sound like the original french word.

Note then the much harder "Hapsburg" simply changed to "Austria" among the people, but then Austria is safely a few thousand kilometers away and has a nice record of no invasions prior to the dinastic change.

Valuá is a close transliteration into spanish, but "valois", as it is, can pe pronounced perfectly into spanish, even if it will not sound like the original french word.

I think Vales might be a choice since it is the occitan version of Valois.

Valua could work in my opinion. In Spanish, the pronounciation would be close to the French pronounciation of Valois. So, it would be pretty simple to use that name.

Another possibility would be the Spanishisation of Valois into a more Spanish pronounciation, but I'm not expert enough with Spanish to see what would be the result.

"Valor" or "Valiente"?