Collaborative Worldbuilding Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should finish up topography so we can finalize the climate so we can move on to culture, religion, history, and politics. Then things will get interesting.
Also, we don't have an official name for this world, I suggest we think of some names. We will have a poll on it later. I do personally like Jarvien.

Levi, go ahead and pick a cradle and start on a civilization before it kills you haha

Proposals for the world's name:

Aradesh
Arme
Aruad
Amala
Asurah
Adad
Aqrah
Avanah
Ammu
Danu
Dugesh
Quresh
Shiddah
Tashad
Tashadah
Ahriyah
Muddah
Amina
Thammur
Ithurah

I'm wondering where the best place to put Tikerî would be.

You might want to wait until the rest of the world is fleshed out. Personally, I'm eventually going to make a map of where civilization is most likely to appear, but I don't know when that will be. It isn't bad to start having ideas, however.

Here is progress on the topographical map:

Collaborative Worldbuilding World Topographical Map.png

Update on biomes. Edited the last version a bit.
Also, just a note, this isn't the climate format I'm used to working with, so some of the biomes might be a little skewed.
jarvien biomes.png

Would the tropical forest regions near the equator not creep inland inside the river basins?

I don't think rivers provide enough water to seriously alter an area's climate. You would probably see more vegetation beside the rivers than usual, but farther out, there wouldn't be any effects.

More biome revisions. After seeing the map of our world with biomes, I revised western Haresh to account for the harsh rainshadow desert that would form there, much like in OTL South America.
jarvien biomes.png

According to Codae, the city of Tomil was in between the mountains on Haresh. Maybe instead it should be in the extreme desert in western Haresh, which I hereby proclaim the Wastes of Tomil.

It's not east accounting for how these lakes are gonna affect everything.
Also, I started on southern Malken because it'll pretty much be tundra/taiga, no matter the topography.
jarvien biomes.png

WXoBiJw.png

I made a greatly detailed biome for the that big island in the west of the map. I made it unique and in fact believe it or not I had a dream last night where I was in a place that had tropical rainforest, humid savanna, humid subtropical. But what I mostly remember is that there was mountain forests as well that were covered in the fog and mist.

I don't think rivers provide enough water to seriously alter an area's climate. You would probably see more vegetation beside the rivers than usual, but farther out, there wouldn't be any effects.
Indeed, the causality is more the other way around: climate determines whether there's a river big enough to depict on the map.

BTW, thanks, all, for continuing work on the physical geography after I left it.

Status
Not open for further replies.