Collaborative Challenge: Most Confusing Map

I challenge AH.com as a group to work on making a confusing map, with all sorts of different colors, striping, borders, and special administrative regions in the vein of these maps.
attachment.php

attachment.php

The POD is in the 15th century, though very convergent.

Anyway, rules are that you have to claim before your post, and have at least some sort of a description upon posting.

I claim the OTL US area.

This sounds pretty cool, but I can't do any maps for three weeks... Could I still reserve France/Spain?
It depends how quickly we get this done. If its done in four days and we are just waiting on you, we might fill it in. Still, if you could say what you were planning, we could add it in.

So we have New England with a few reservations for Indians including a revolution by Scots to create a Republic of Nova Scotia and revolts by French-speakers in the north. A Quaker majority state in Northern New Jersey. A Swedish Speaking Republic of New Sweden which is culturally like the OTL deep south.

I left in lines to help the rest of y'all.

upk.png

See, the way I was thinking this would work is that someone puts up a map, then the next person adds more in wherever they want, rather than people claim areas.

The Ottoman Empire, in this world, has been able to last to the modern day, but lost much of its territory in the process. Some vassals of the sultan (Most Notably the Ramazan Bey in Adana) have been able to gain autonomy, and the border regions are mostly controlled by semi-independent states that wanted protection in the chaotic middle east, which include a Pomak state in the mountains of Bulgaria, a Kurdish State, and a Jewish State in Thessalonica.

Ottomans.png

CannedTech

Banned
It depends how quickly we get this done. If its done in four days and we are just waiting on you, we might fill it in. Still, if you could say what you were planning, we could add it in.

Well, I was thinking about some sort of trans-national anarcho-syndicalist nation, one with autonomous zones for all major minorities within France and Spain, autonomous zones for communal cities, and a whacky state devision.

Here are a couple of patches for Polynesia. It is a region of many overlapping claims and condominia, with the Phoenix Islands probably being the worst.

Necessary notes for reading the map:

-Wherever two claim-boxes overlap, the innermost one represents the de facto situation. So, for instance, Britain claims all the Pitcairns as part of its Polynesian possession and the US claims Ducie Island, but the archipelago is administered by a French protectorate (one of four on the map).
-The Dominion color represents territories in personal union with the British Crown, including one which is a constituent state of the Polynesian Federation.
-Dotted lines delimit the outer edges of a country's condominium, but boundaries with fully controlled territories are omitted. So the US holds Wake Island, Japan holds the eastern Marshall Islands, and the western Marshall Islands are a joint possession.
-There are a few divided islands that are not so IOTL.

patches.png

Stop Claiming.
Just add onto the map previous to your own, if someone beats you to the spot, tough. Or work it out with them to make it even more confusing (map-wise, not logic/history-wise).

Although, Bacon, you sort of set the example of claiming...

That sounds fun, but shouldn't it be on Map Games?

Yes. Yes, it should.