Code Geass Britannian Dynastic Tree

So I finally had a few hours on my hands and I spent it all on a family tree of the "100 Britannian" Emperors from the anime Code Geass, tracing the descent of our main character Lelouch vi Britannia to the mythical Eowyn. I know the lore of the show doesn't go too deeply on the whole history, but it does provide some info on key players in British history. I took some liberty of mixing info from canon, the video games and audio dramas, I did end up ignoring some of the side stories that didn't make much sense (i.e. Renya of the Darkness).

The first initial part mixes some pre-Roman Briton history + Arthurian legends, and then it becomes mostly OTL for a few thousand years before major POD happens with Elizabeth I having Henry IX as a successor.

Afterward it's essentially a previous timeline that I haven't finished based on the lore of the show from here: The Concise and Precise History of Our Most Holy Britannian Empire

Now I'm no illustrator or designer, this was just done through diagrams.net with very limited aesthetics, feel free to provide pointers or suggestions and make it look better.
To view the whole image detailed (and Zoom in), open the below link on imgur, right click to download or view in new tab. For best experience view on non-mobile device (Imgur mobile will compress the image automatically)

Last edited:
I've always wondered...
Why did they choose Lelouch as a name for the king of an English-speaking society, and how did the monarchial number turn into an actual word?

Deleted member 165942

I think Lelouch is a French name, and considering that being French made nobles hate his mother more (aside from you know being a peasant), you would think that he would change his name even just as a political move.

I've always wondered...
Why did they choose Lelouch as a name for the king of an English-speaking society, and how did the monarchial number turn into an actual word?
No too sure what you mean by "monarchical number turn into an actual word"? Do you mean by the regnal numbers like "Edward X" etc...?

Also for Lelouch, I'm still debating how to rationalize his name - I mean I did kind of rationalize Schneizel, Clovis (nickname from Louis/Lewis), Nunnally and Hannes.

It may just end up being a nickname from Charles and Marianne since Lelouch squinted too much as a baby or something "le Louche" meaning "the Squinty", but somehow I don't see Lelouch doing that.
I think Lelouch is a French name, and considering that being French made nobles hate his mother more (aside from you know being a peasant), you would think that he would change his name even just as a political move.
Ah yeah I think I may have to try justifying his name from birth like I did with Schneizel and others. But I'm also trying to not put down stuff that goes against canon like Lelouch changing his name when he gets on the throne.
L

Last edited:

Deleted member 165942

For reference his father Charles is zi Britannia, Cornelia and Euphemia are li Britannia, and Schneizel is el Britannia, the one who has eu Britannia is his oldest brother Odysseus.