Civil War Map game

The RA2 thread down there reminded me of something we used to do on another forum. One person, the game master, posts a map with two sides. Units dot this map, and the players PM the game master with orders for these units. A set of orders for each side is randomly selected, and the map is updated with the results.

I decided to make a civil war version, to see how you guys like it. All you have to do is PM me a set of orders for the union or the confederacy, and I'll randomly selected (well, I will screen to make sure the orders are good, IE, they give orders of each unit, or atleast most, etc etc), then post the next turn. Each turn will represent a month, so keep that in mind with how far you can move units. Each turn each side will get some new units, if you want to, you can request specific units in your orders.

Note: Yes ASB things will happen, but hey, this is for fun, not accuracy. I will try and keep things simi-realistic, IE its slightly slanted in the North's favor, etc etc

Map Key:

Grey is the confederacy, Blue the union. Red boxes are confederacy units, black the union. I - Infantry C - Calvery A - Artillery
N - Naval R - Iron clad T - Transport

The numbers indicate which infantry, calvery it is, etc. So a red box with I 1-3 means Confederate infantry 1, 2, and 3 are all at that location. They can be split up, but if they are close enough, I'll put them in one box to reduce clutter.

Your orders should look like this:

"For the confederacy:

Have I-8 and I-9 attack New Mexico
Load I -10 onto the transport
Have all other units defend (being lazy in the example :D)

I would prefer mainly artillery to be produced for next turn"

And finaly, the map, you may need to save it and zoom it, sorry.

CSA1.PNG

Turn one complete! (I 10 is the new Confederate infantry, I 11 is what was last turn, I made an error)

First, the Second Confederate Calvery and the Eight Confederate Infantry manage to sneak in and take much of Colorado.

Reinforcements from both sides arrive in the KY-TN area, so no gains are made.

The confederate ship is hunted down by the superior Union navy.

Confederate units in Arkansas are dislodged slightly

OK is being probed by the Union

A Pitched battle is happening in Maryland, but the Union is winning.

Each side has build one infantry, one artillery, and one naval vessel.

CSA2.PNG

Update!

Union forces attack Indian Territory in hopes of cutting of the salient, but are thwarted by an attack on New Mexico! Confederate reinforcements also arrive in IT.

Kentucky has atillery arrive as backup.

The Union advance into Arkansas is slow, but steady.

The war in Maryland is STILL a standstill, with confederate forces now clearly on the disadvanatage. Union reinforcements have arrived.

And lastly, the naval action. Two union units destory the rebel transport and force the military ship to flee South!

The confederates have two new ships and an infantry. The union has two new calvery and an artillery.

CSA3.PNG

We need South orders now, not more North x.x Back and forth back and forth :p

Oh, and you guys can leave comments here if you want, just so you know.

This is oddly fun by the way. Pretty much was my set of orders for the Yankees last turn. Though it didn't go quite as well as I'd hoped. :p

This is such a good idea. You win a cookie OAM47. I think'd be cooler to add other elements, such as maybe attacking cities or strategic targets. I'd love to see a WWI one of these.

Update! We've found our Lee!

New Mexico is lost the Union, but they have a strong position in Arizona

Likewise, the Union only holds onto Kansas by a sliver.

Arkansas gets counter attacked, but next door, Confederate Infantry 11 gets hammered hard! Confedrate reinforcements arrive.

Union Infantry 10 is in the process of being transported.

Artillery is finaly brought up to Virginia.

Lastly, a major naval battle takes place off Flordia. The CSA is slightly victoious.

Union gets a mix of new units, CSA gets a cav, an inf, and an ironclad!

CSA4.PNG

Will there be any outside factors such as the British or French offering military aid if the CSA does exceptionally well (the British through Canada, and the French through Mexico as Maximilian I's on the throne there), or the CSA spurring rebellions in the border states or the USA spurring on slave revolts?

Sorry guys, I had a whole lot of stuff to do this week I had entirely forgotten about. I'll make an update tommrow, or maybe tonight (but don't count on it).

And just a quick answer, yes, there will be "special events". The first was going to be a union blockade, but as is stands, it looks like the CSA is doing fine navaly. (Hint hint, union players try and blockade them)