Christian Zionism

Kaptin Kurk

Banned
So, could a Christian Zionist movement ever arisen, i.e., have some nations (or nations) primarily Chrisitian decide that the Ottoman lands around Jerusalem should be populated by Christians and a Christian nation established there?

Xen

Banned
So, could a Christian Zionist movement ever arisen, i.e., have some nations (or nations) primarily Chrisitian decide that the Ottoman lands around Jerusalem should be populated by Christians and a Christian nation established there?

You mean the crusades? It will be difficult to have such a thing happen in the twentieth century, unless the entire European continent goes Fascist/Genocidal on us.

Kaptin Kurk

Banned
You mean the crusades? It will be difficult to have such a thing happen in the twentieth century, unless the entire European continent goes Fascist/Genocidal on us.

It doesn't have to be necessarily European states (or America) deciding to launch a crusade, but at least a significant (10-20%) of their populations...or the populations of a sufficiently strong European state alone, thinking it is a good idea. I.E., have a bunch of American, British, Dutch, whatever, christians moving to the Promisland in order to establish a Cristian state there, perhaps in the interwar period...

Or maybe a Greek settlement after the collapse of the Ottomans.

Whatever way it could happen, have a significiant number of Chrstians think havng / establishing a Christian state in the Holy Land as important / religious duty...most pious of acts...

I actually interpreted this as an earlier rise of the pro-Israeli branch of the Christian Right... a more decidedly anti-Christian bent to Nazi Germany could've accomplished it (more likely anti-Catholic; if Pius XI hadn't mysteriously died...). A Catholic Church oppressed by the Nazis could lead to Catholics sympathizing with Jews and supporting Israel from earlier on (with knock-on effects like an earlier 'forgiving' of Jesus' death)... of course, this thread is about Christians wanting Jerusalem. Which could be accomplished by the opposite (a more explicitly Christian Fascist Germany in an alt-World War II).

Well they are Christian Zionist OTL they are Christians that want all jews to go to Israel so they can kill millions of arab so they can make the biblical Uber-Israel and make the end of the world

(I like to see them as being crypto-antisemetic as they only care for the jews as they fit their prophecy plan and are but see them as just as bad as the rest of the Herectic)

Kaptin Kurk

Banned
There was already conflict between Arabs and Jews for the land. Add in the massive Christian populations supporting their own claims = A big war! Most likely a bigger one in 1948.

Ah, well, I guess that depends on how strong the Christian Zionist movement is. If it's marginal, or only from marginal Christian states (like Greece, ect.) then I could see a long blood struggle. If its from, say, those like America or Britian, then not so much....

There was already conflict between Arabs and Jews for the land. Add in the massive Christian populations supporting their own claims = A big war! Most likely a bigger one in 1948.

It's liable to make the picture more muddled rather than add just one more party. For one thing, while the Jewish population of Palestine was largely orthodox, with strong ties to Ashkenaz, its (much larger) CHristia population is mostly Arabic-speaking and feels very much Palestinian. If the Christian Zionists try to coopt them, they will have to make significant concessions to the Arabs, including the Muslim Arabs. If they don't, they lose significant credibility (these [epithet deleted] have been the custodians of the holiest places in Christendom for over a millennium). Tryiong to engineer a break in the Palestinian Arab population along sectarian lines would not exactly be easy, but more to the point, it would weaken the Palestinian side to the point of near-irrelevance given the technology edge of the newcomers. So the war in Palestine may be between the Christians of the New Jerusalem and the Jewish defenders of Eretz Israel...