Challenge:Elect Robert Reich

Robert Reich, Clinton Labor Secretary, one of his key economic policy advisers. Currently Prof of Public Policy at Stanford.

Here is the challenge: How could Bob Reich become President or hold a position in Federal Government (i.e. Congressman, Senator)?

Just have him pursue an alternate career path- congressman from Pennsylvania in 1976, Senator or Governor in 1982, and then he's lined up for 1992 or 1996. :)

what about the '02 massachusetts governorship? Wouldn't that set him up well for 08? Or is he unelectable because of gay marriage?

I want someone with some economic sense who would push through a new Glass-Steagle (or Reinstate the old one)?

Sorry to Necro this Time Line

Reich did have the gubernatorial opportunity in 2002, however, he had a college student based campaign staff, low funding, and lack of notable endorsements. Had there been some bigger endorsements or some notable charismatic speeches from Reich, he may clinch the Democratic nomination, but he would face Romney (which even the OTL Democrat, Shannon O'Brien, lost by 20,000 votes). If Reich was charismatic enough or if Romney found a reason to run for the U.S. Senate, Reich may have a shot as Governor.

As for the Presidency, he may have a higher hill to climb, for he would be positioning himself as a old school liberal and would need the swath of support for the primary candidates.

Robert Reich, Clinton Labor Secretary, one of his key economic policy advisers. Currently Prof of Public Policy at Berkeley.

Here is the challenge: How could Bob Reich become President or hold a position in Federal Government (i.e. Congressman, Senator)?
Cal pride demands I correct this for you.

Elected MA Governor in '02 and '06, elected President in '08.

Given Reich's bad blood with the Clintons, the 2008 primary is going to be so fun. The crash probably needs to happen during the primary for Reich to have a chance.

Robert Reich teams up with Frank Reich, who leads the Bills to a 1993 Super Bowl, winning the 94 election in a landslide Reich/Reich in the Democratic-Republican Reich Party.