Can someone please convert this into a blank map for me?

Straha

Banned
Bascially the attached file is the map from The Dubia futures scenario so could one of the better mapmakers on this forum please convert the attached map into a blank map for me to use(when you do so please keep antarctica visible on it)?

dubia.PNG

Thande

Donor
Thanks.

I just realised, I missed out filling in one of the spaces left by those gridlines - in Arabia. Here's the fixed map:

Dubia.PNG

Straha

Banned
I see where you fixed it. I'm going to make a larger seapole/dubia base map by doubling the size in paint.

Thande said:
Thanks.

I just realised, I missed out filling in one of the spaces left by those gridlines - in Arabia. Here's the fixed map:

OK- I have to ask. How the hell did you manage to do that?

Thande

Donor
Flocculencio said:
OK- I have to ask. How the hell did you manage to do that?
*taps nose* Magic. ;)

:eek: OK, OK. I just used MSPaint. Use the Eraser tool, left click on the colour you want changed, right click on the colour you want it changed TO. (e.g. left click on red, right click on blue - then if you hold down the right button and move the eraser over anything red, it will turn blue, but nothing else is affected).

I just did that over and over, turning all the different land colours to one shade of green, and all the sea colours to one shade of blue.

The hardest part was filling in the land that was hidden behind those annoying gridlines and text labels; I had to guess at a few points.

GREAT SITE!

Rome with steam engines? Lots of coal mines? One thousand years of coal and global warming and it never seems to be different, year to year, unless you read the oldest scrolls and believe that things were different, once upon a time.
1. Lots of sea travel, harbors, less land far from water transport in a river or lake or inland sea. Not as much lowland for canals, of course.
2. The Americas, Australia, etc, no longer isolated by climate and crop gaps. Crops exchanged all over the world a long time ago. More tree crops?
3. Lots of big islands that are hard to conquer by expansionist empires. You need to build a navy as well as an army to get anywhere.

Oh, btw... it sucks to live in Bangladesh. So far only Belgium, the Netherlands, Denmark, and Luxembourg have been completely wiped off the face of the earth.

And now... Bangladesh, most of Thailand, Vietnam... man it sucks in SE ASia.