Byzantine Victory at Yarmouk

It's still the spot where Muhammed got the Koran right?

Myself I think the Arabs would try again sooner rather than later. Unlike others I think that Egypt would eventually fall but that North Africa (Carthage maybe) would probably become a contested area or hold out.

I think that the Roman's woould be able to defeat Arab's a second time

Kiev was, OTL, culturally within the Roman orbit. It would be even stronger and more long-lasting were the Empire stronger and more long-lasting.

That would mean if Roman influence is stronger in keiv that would mean that Russia has a lot more influence from rome:eek:

bam bam bammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:cool:

I could write that TL, but it would be Byz-wank in the worst possible way, I think. And unrecognizably fantastic about 100 years after Yarmuk.

Is that such a bad thing? They got dealt such a terrible hand in the later centuries OTL so it'd be less wank and more correcting the timeline right? :p

Is that such a bad thing? They got dealt such a terrible hand in the later centuries OTL so it'd be less wank and more correcting the timeline right? :p

Actually, it wouldn't necessarily become a Byzantine wank - there's still ways and possibilities how the Byzantine Empire could bite the dust in the long run. After all, there's still the Turks, the Mongols.

One aspect I've contemplated in the absence of the Moors in Iberia is: would it be possible for the Franks to conquer the Visigothic Kingdom?

Actually, it wouldn't necessarily become a Byzantine wank - there's still ways and possibilities how the Byzantine Empire could bite the dust in the long run. After all, there's still the Turks, the Mongols.

One aspect I've contemplated in the absence of the Moors in Iberia is: would it be possible for the Franks to conquer the Visigothic Kingdom?

I'm not sure either of those could knock off the whole Empire without some serious internal problems or a series of disasters.

Remember that the only reason the Arabs won OTL was because the Empire and Persia had spent a generation ripping the guts out of each other. The nearest comparison would be to invading France in 1920. Or perhaps Germany.

To your latter point, I could see that happening.

Some more questions

Ok, i got a few more questions. First, will the Byzantine situation in italy improve? or will it still fall from thier control? Second would the Holy Roman Empire form? Third, with iberian being unified under the visigoths, would they be able to colonize americas earlier? or would they become the masters of Western Europe?

Ok, i got a few more questions. First, will the Byzantine situation in italy improve? or will it still fall from thier control? Second would the Holy Roman Empire form? Third, with iberian being unified under the visigoths, would they be able to colonize americas earlier? or would they become the masters of Western Europe?

The Lombards were going to conquer most of Italy save for maybe Ravenna, Rome and the south which was primarily a Hellenised area. And the Visigoths, no.