Business/economic implications of the Titanic not sinking

Hi!

A lot of important businessmen and wealthy people went down on the Titanic. What would have happened had the crossing been uneventful and these businessmen had been able to continue their work? Would their companies have gotten bigger and dominated American society?

Railroad tycoon Charles Melville Hayes went down with the Titanic. He was the president and visionary of the Grand Trunk Railroad, and its associated steamship and hotel empire. The company lost its way after his death, went bankrupt at the end of World War One, and was absorbed into the publicly owned Canadian National Railway. If Hayes had survived, perhaps the railway would have done better, and Prince Rupert, where the Grand Trunk Pacific had its seaport, would now rival Vancouver as Canada's greatest Pacific port.

Railroad tycoon Charles Melville Hayes went down with the Titanic. He was the president and visionary of the Grand Trunk Railroad, and its associated steamship and hotel empire. The company lost its way after his death, went bankrupt at the end of World War One, and was absorbed into the publicly owned Canadian National Railway. If Hayes had survived, perhaps the railway would have done better, and Prince Rupert, where the Grand Trunk Pacific had its seaport, wouldow rival Vancouver as Canada's greatest Pacific port.

I wonder how much of the First Nations culture would have survived on Vancouver Island if Port Rupert and Vancouver combine into a megalopolis. If I remember correctly there are a lot of indigenous tribes on the island.

I wonder how much of the First Nations culture would have survived on Vancouver Island if Port Rupert and Vancouver combine into a megalopolis. If I remember correctly there are a lot of indigenous tribes on the island.
There are plenty of First Nations, on Vancouver Island, and on the Mainland of BC and the rest of Canada. If Vancouver and Prince Rupert combined into a megalopolis, I expect the First Nations would find it hard to conduct their traditional activities on the land inside the giant city.

To give you a sense of what that hypothetical city would look like, Vancouver and Prince Rupert are 800 kilometres apart. That is the distance from New York to Charleston South Carolina. But the coast of BC is heavily mountainous, with frequent deep fjords. Building a city, that would connect the US border at Washington State to Alaska, would be quite an engineering project.