Books on Medieval Germany?

Does anyone know of books on Germany in the High Middle Ages? I'm especially trying to learn about the period of the "little kings," from the late 13th century to the first half of the 14th century.

I would recommend Deutschland im Mittelalter by Bernd Fuhrmann, although it has a broader time frame than what you are looking for.

Threads like this should perhaps be moved to Help, as they might be helpful
The Help forum is explicitly demarcated as being for "questions about how to use the forum"; I think it should be kept limited to those kinds of queries, because it allows the moderation to efficiently respond to queries without distraction. Threads like this probably deserve a dedicated "Alternate History Resources" forum, though I believe Ian is unlikely to create one, being (in my opinion) obstinate and tradition-wedded.

The Help forum is explicitly demarcated as being for "questions about how to use the forum"; I think it should be kept limited to those kinds of queries, because it allows the moderation to efficiently respond to queries without distraction. Threads like this probably deserve a dedicated "Alternate History Resources" forum, though I believe Ian is unlikely to create one, being (in my opinion) obstinate and tradition-wedded.
Yeah, I support the creation of an "OTL History and Resources forum".

That'd be even better, but is even less likely to happen, as I believe Ian's historically been a bit tetchy about the presence of stuff that has limited relation to alternate history.
That's partially why I've stopped uploading these sorts of threads, as I'm not sure if I'll be actioned for them.

That'd be even better, but is even less likely to happen, as I believe Ian's historically been a bit tetchy about the presence of stuff that has limited relation to alternate history.

Kind of an odd thing to be tetchy about. Real History is the foundation on which an accurate alternate history can be constructed.

Ian the Admin

Administrator
Donor

On this site you can discuss anything that isn't actively against the rules. The "off-topic" forums are for off-topic stuff for a reason. Just make sure it goes in the right forum.

If there was a LOT of "non-alternate history" discussion I could give it its own forum, but I'm not aware of a lot of such threads.

On this site you can discuss anything that isn't actively against the rules. The "off-topic" forums are for off-topic stuff for a reason. Just make sure it goes in the right forum.

If there was a LOT of "non-alternate history" discussion I could give it its own forum, but I'm not aware of a lot of such threads.
The point was that having a separate forum would be convenient, even if there wasn't that much of it. For me, sheer quantity of content has nothing to do with it (I understand you might think differently).

Last edited: