Bicentennial Man: Ford '76 and Beyond

How’s the Heavyweight title picture in boxing looking atm?
To be honest, I don't know enough about heavyweight boxing (beyond "Ali, Frazier and Sugar Ray were good boxers") to make an informed comment on how the sport is looking around this time period. Similar to OTL, presumably? Suggestions welcome if you're an enthusiast of the sport of course.

To be honest, I don't know enough about heavyweight boxing (beyond "Ali, Frazier and Sugar Ray were good boxers") to make an informed comment on how the sport is looking around this time period. Similar to OTL, presumably? Suggestions welcome if you're an enthusiast of the sport of course.
To be honest, I don't know enough about heavyweight boxing (beyond "Ali, Frazier and Sugar Ray were good boxers") to make an informed comment on how the sport is looking around this time period. Similar to OTL, presumably? Suggestions welcome if you're an enthusiast of the sport of course
Of course my friend. If you’d like I could PM you to discuss it so as not to tip your hand to any readers!

Just to say this is an interesting tl but I wonder what's happening with the US military. In OTL a lot of the groundwork for the Reagan build up and the general restoration of the US military as a functional force after it's mid-70's nadir was laid in the Carter era, especially the reorientation towards conventional and nuclear combat against the Warsaw Pact and away from counter-insurgency. Here the Panama War has thrown the US back into counter-insurgency even if on a smaller scale than Vietnam while another unpopular war means unlike OTL it's probably more difficult to restore recruitment standards in the new all volunteer force.

Just to say this is an interesting tl but I wonder what's happening with the US military. In OTL a lot of the groundwork for the Reagan build up and the general restoration of the US military as a functional force after it's mid-70's nadir was laid in the Carter era, especially the reorientation towards conventional and nuclear combat against the Warsaw Pact and away from counter-insurgency. Here the Panama War has thrown the US back into counter-insurgency even if on a smaller scale than Vietnam while another unpopular war means unlike OTL it's probably more difficult to restore recruitment standards in the new all volunteer force.
I’d say the conventional force reorientation is delayed a few years (probably into President 1980’s first term), but Panama exposes some of the same issues that Grenada did in ‘83 for military readiness so there’s a focus on solving for that too

Heh. He knows.

(From what I’ve gleaned, the signs of early-onset and sun setting became plain in his second term. Before that he was pretty with it)
Keeping my fingers crossed for Reagan winning the Presidency.

What happens to Bush, Sr? Is his political career damaged due to the disastrous foreign policy crises in Ford's 2nd term (1st full 4-year term)?

Keeping my fingers crossed for Reagan winning the Presidency.

What happens to Bush, Sr? Is his political career damaged due to the disastrous foreign policy crises in Ford's 2nd term (1st full 4-year term)?
Basically, yeah. He’s basically just like any other foreign policy mandarin post-office, respected even though a lot of his decisions are second-guessed, but there’s not really any electoral upside for him and his kids don’t have his VP/Presidency as a launchpad either.

Basically, yeah. He’s basically just like any other foreign policy mandarin post-office, respected even though a lot of his decisions are second-guessed, but there’s not really any electoral upside for him and his kids don’t have his VP/Presidency as a launchpad either.
Assuming Clements still won the TX Governor's Mansion in 1978 defeating Hill in this timeline like he did in real life?

Guessing the backlash against Ford was too much for Clements to overcome 😕

PS: Did I tell you how much I openly despise Hill? Briscoe cannot catch a break in any timeline I've seen.
Well, losing key parts of your base will do that. The Texas Democrats had a lot of issues with that throughout the 70s, too; there was the whole debacle at the beginning of the decade that took down that whole swath of LBJ protégés like Ben Barnes, too.