Belgium Map Request

JJohnson

Banned
I would like to request a map of an alternate Belgium which is essentially the Walloon area plus Nord, Pas-de-Calais, Somme, and the arrondissements of St. Quentin, Vervins, and minus Eupen/Malmedy, and marked with the current Belgian provinces, plus the new provinces of (Nord, Pas-de-Calais, Somme, St. Quentin-Vervins, Charleville-Sedan)

Sources:
Red for Walloon (French Area)
Provinces for Belgium; Gemeinde;
Arrondissements from France:
St. Quhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Arrondissement_de_Sedan.PNGentin
Vervins
Somme dept. (Abbeville, Amiens, Montdidier, Peronne)
Charleville-Mezieres
Sedan
Nord dept. (except Dunkirk, which belongs to Netherlands)
Pas-de-Calais dept. (second map)
Minus Eupen/Malmedy; second map;

The Netherlands is OTL Netherlands plus the Flanders region of Belgium, and Dunkirk from France.

I would be using it for a wikipedia-like article on an alternate Belgium. Many thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I would be using it for a wikipedia-like article on an alternate Belgium. Many thanks in advance!

May i ask what the POD is? You might want to add (parts of) Flemish Brabant to it or remove (part of) Walloon Flanders of it, depending of the POD. For example if the POD is during the Belgian revolt I would add Flemish Brabant to it. The split of Belgian Brabant into Walloon Flanders, Flemish Flanders and Brussels is fairly recent (as in 1995), so if the split is early the province possibly wouldn't be split. Also part of the French speaking parts of Brabant used to be Flemish/Dutch speaking in the 19th century, most well known example is of course Brussels, but the same is true for Waterloo and other villages. Just look at the names, assuming you know something about both Dutch and French, and you see some clearly Dutch names on Walloon villages. Actually you can see the same thing in French Flanders, like Duinkerke.

JJohnson

Banned
The POD is in this timeline (Gross-Deutschland), France started both world wars, and after the 2nd, the Allies gave the Netherlands the Flanders region, and in compensation to Belgium, gave it the northeastern portions of France. Italy gained Nice/Savoy/Corsica, and Germany got Lorraine, Belfort, and Alsace.

JJohnson

Banned
Yes - the full PoD is 1866 at the latest, 1832 at the earliest for bringing changes in Germany. Belgium is not territorially affected until 1945, though.

JJohnson

Banned
I apologize for not seeing the earlier reply to my posting - I meant no disprespect. The maps there for the Netherlands were very good; the only changes I would see would be putting Dunkirk with the Groot-Nederland (an otherwise flawless map, whoever made it), and for Belgium, not including the German-community (Eupen-Malmedy) in the country.

This is for a wikipedia-like entry on Belgium; the Groot-Nederland map is exactly how I was thinking it to look. My compliments to the artist involved.