Bands that never existed

Just coming up with a clever idea. Name the members,albums,singles,charts,and years of activity.

Here is one:
The Dolphins:After Derek and the Dominos,Eric Clapton was looking for a band that would last for a while.He gathered Peter Frampton,Peter Bardens (of Carmel),Dave Ambrose (Bardens friend from the Shotgun Express),and John Rutsey (of Rush).

Clapton:Lead vocals,gutiar
Frampton:gutiar
Bardens:keybords
Ambrose:Bass
Rutsey: Drums

In 1973,Dolphins released The Arrow's Son,which debuted at #9. It proved to be a success,becoming a Diamond album,selling around 10,050,000 copies.It charted number one on April 7 and stayed there until May 26,where it was overtaken by 1967-1970,a compilation album by the Beatles.On July 7,it retuned to #1,staying there until September 15,in which it was overtaken by Brothers and Sisters by the Allman Brothers Band.The song produced singles like "Journey into the Unknown",which charted #1,"Song for a Friend",about Clapton's bandmates from Cream,Blind Faith,and Derek and the Dominos,charted at #6,and "The Green Hills",about Clapton's childhood,charted at #9.The album easily won Album of the Year,it was the best-selling album of 1973,and Record of the Year (''The Green Hills").

In 1976,they released their second album,Ignotus,which in Latin means ''unknown''.The song featured the singles:
"Cliff Side",#15 on Billboard 100
''Mustang Sally",first done by Mack Rice,#1 for 9 weeks
"Ignotus",#3
"Made in America (200 years of the United States)",#1 for 12 weeks

But here are their rest of their albums and singles:
Childhood Dreams (1978)670,000 copies sold
Singles:
"Lay Down Sally",#2 on Billboard 100
"You Need a Lover",#7
"Evil Woman",first done by ELO,#1 for 4 weeks
"Childhood Dreams",#10
"Life is Fun",#1 for 3 weeks
Madman in my Life (1981),11,350,000 copies
Concept:A madman tries to calm his life down,but he runs into the police and is jailed.There he sings a song for help and his call is answered.
Singles:
"Why I am a Madman?",#16
"Bloodstain",#26
"A Cry for Help",#1 for 8 weeks
"An Angel is my Answer",#7
"It's a Wonderful Life",#1 for 6 weeks
"Madman Turned Good",#12
Calling Help (1985),1,100,000 copies
Singles:
"Roar of a Lamb",#32
"Dream",#2
"I Found Her",#1 for 4 weeks
"The Big City".#1 for 7 weeks
23rd and Longwood (1987),670,000 copies
"Listen to the Blues",#4
"The House on Longwood",#13
"The Sound is Not Dead",#21
"Silence Out Loud",#2
Wonderful Tonight (1989),1,930,000 copies
Singles:
"Wonderful Tonight",#1 for 5 weeks
"Friends at my Doorstep",#1 for 3 weeks
"Blueberry Hill",first by Gene Autry,#1 for 8 weeks
"Fish",#2
20 (1993),700,000 copies
Singles:
"Tears in Heaven",#1 for 4 weeks
"Birchwood",#18
"The Disasters of Love",#5
"On the Road",#14
Mahogany Cry (1997),2,300,000 copies
Singles:
"Mahogany Cry",#1 for 14 weeks
"Bet My Life",#1 for 2 weeks
"The Future",#3
"All My Life",#6
"A Stone Heart",#1 for 4 weeks
"Labyrinth",#4
"Waves",#1 for a week
Long Time,No See (2002),480,000 copies
Singles:
"Archtop",#1 for 4 weeks
"Willow",#23
"The River",#13
"Magie,My Love",#9
Clouds in the Sky (2006),378,000 copies
Singles:
"Love Life",#12
"In Memory",#29
"The Turning Sky",#15
Giza in the Snow (2009),615,000 copies
"Me and You",#16
"The Cheers",#31
"Super 400",#11
The Life I've Lived (2012),430,000 copies
"Years Later",#26
"Times Are Changing",#10
"Cold Fire",#2
The Good Ol' Sound (2014),700,000 copies
Singles:
"A Great Life",#1 for 4 weeks
"Move Over",first done by Janis Joplin,#6
"The Good Ol' Sound",#2
"Tennessee Two-Step",#1 for 5 weeks
"Headaches",#13
"I Saw Her Standing There",first done by the Beatles,#1 for 2 weeks

Last edited:
Don Van Vliet and his Pretty Things

Considering the USA insufficiently cultural to appreciate their 6 year old sculptor prodigy son Donny, Glen and Willie Sue Vliet take him to the Netherlands, but struggling with the language settle in London when Donnie gets a scholarship to the London Central School of Art. Meeting Dick Taylor, briefly a member of an early version of the Rolling Stones, they recruited Brian Pendleton on rhythm guitar; John Stax on bass; and Pete Kitley, replaced by Viv Andrews and then by Viv Prince on drums. Although having the vocalist's name as part of the band's name was by now passe, Vliet insisted and, the Brits suitably dazzled by his American credentials, Don Van Vliet and his Pretty Things are born.

Between 1964 and 1966 they chart with "Don't bring me down", "Diddy Wah Diddy" and "Moonchild".

After two minor albums of blues covers, the way was open for 1967s "As safe as Milk", mainly made up of Van Vliet compositions. His arrogant treatment of the rest of the band caused friction, and Brian Jones was called in to supply slide guitar parts to finish the album. Then Vliet discovered LSD and introduced the rest of the band to it.

More tomorrow.

Jimmy Page with the Who,part 1

In 1964,a unknown Jimmy Page joins Robert Daltery's band,the Who.Page made quick friends with the drummer,Keith Moon.Pete Townshend said that "He (Jimmy Page) was quick into the band.We knew we were gonna be that damn good with him."

On May 7,1965,The Who released their first album,Who's the Who?.Jimmy Page opened up the Who's first song "She Needs Me" with an amazing guitar solo with his Gibson SG,taking 28 seconds.The 2:54 song had catchy lyrics like:
"She needs lovin',
She needs a fool to make lovin with,
She needs a man to be loved,
I'm that man to be loved!"

The song hit #32 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #9 on the UK Charts.

Page's and Townshend's guitar playing shook up the rock world,with Who's the Who? hitting #4 on the UK charts and #27 on the Billboard 200.

With their success,the Who developed work on their next album,A New Kind of Rock.And the album's title was correct.Page devoleped a new kind of rock that took a fifteen months to record.The made a sound of rock that didn't sound like the day's standards.Page called this hard rock.On November 21,1966,A New Kind of Rock was released.14 songs were released on the record,including "Times Change (For Some Reason)",which hit #1 on the UK charts for 5 weeks,while in the US,it hit #15.The album also featured:
"Inward",#21 on the UK charts,#40 on the Billboard top 100
"A Lunch at the Park",#16 on the UK charts,#6 on the Billboard charts
"Happy Jack",#5 on the UK charts,#38 on the US charts

The album hit #4 on the UK charts and #11 on the Billboard 200.

A short while after the album's release,Page and Townshend were talking and thinking about their next effort.Townshend thought about a album "with a story behind it."After thinking about it,Page came up with a idea:"A boy who can't see or hear comes to see who he really is in this crazy game of life."

This album became one of the best-selling albums of all time,Tommy.

On March 26,1968,Tommy was released. This breakthrough album had the story of a boy who was brainwashed to be "deaf,dumb and blind",now focusing on his imangination.As Tommy grows older,he grows to be a master in pinball and wins the city tournament (as shown in the breakthrough hit "Pinball Wizard."Tommy recovers his senses after a episode,and starts a movement,and then people reject his followings.He then retreats inward again.

The album sold 11,586,000 copies in the US and 7,991,000 in the UK.Tommy rose the Who into popularity.Over the blizzard of 1970 in London,Jimmy Page wrote "The Cold is Invading."The song tells of a man who is out in the cold and will die if he does not reach a building.Then he sings a story of love and living and the snow retreats inward,saving the day.

"The Cold is Invading" was one of the 18 songs included in the Who's new album,Who's Next.The album was released on June 10,1971.The album was another success for the band,selling 850,000 copies in the US and 1,100,000 in the UK.
The 5 singles for the album were:
"The Cold is Invading",#1 for 6 weeks in the UK,#1 for 9 weeks in the US
"Baba O'Riley",#5 in the UK,#6 in the US
"Behind Blue Eyes",#2 in the UK,#1 for 3 weeks in the US
"Won't Get Fooled Again"#8 in the UK,#3 in the US
"Tell Me Why",first done by Titius Turner,#17 in the UK,#2 in the US

At the Grammys,the Who won Record of the Year("Won't Get Fooled Again") and Song of the Year (The 5:48 "The Cold is Invading").

The Who preformed at the Indianapolis Music Festival in 1972,which was recorded on the live album,The Who at the 1972 Indianapolis Music Festival. When they returned to the UK,the band hired bassist Denny Laine to replace John Entwistle.

More tomorrow..........