Hey @SaveAtlacamani i have a problem with the map of yours. Almost all of your borders are just OTL borders or just OTL provincial borders switched around. In an ATL, that is highly unlikely. SO, would you mind if I changed around some of the borders?

In Europe and Southern India, I think you shouldn't change too much. But try your hand in other parts of the world. I sometimes had relatively few ideas there, so feel free to try. However, the final say is with me, so please upload the image to imgur first and then link to it in a conversation/PM.

Why is Montenegro part of Albania? Demographically speaking, only almost 5% of the population of Montenegro spoke Albanian according to the first official Montenegrin census (taken in 1909), with 95% of the population speaking Serbian.

@ST15RM , actually the parts where I built on @Drex 's fantastic world map are Western Europe, especially Germany and France, and Southern India. So anywhere east of the Bug River and on the Balkans, you can also change some borders if you feel it necessary.

What you shouldn't do, though, is abolish a nation.

Credit for the flag goes to @Filo and @WhiteDragon25 for the communist emblem.

Political Union of Mediterranean Polycracies (PUMP)

jTAw3R1.png

Name: Political Union of Mediterranean Polycracies
Common name: PUMP, Red Ottoman Empire
Capital: Ankara
Largest city: Abuhammadşehir (most people beyond the PUMP and APU still call it Istanbul or Constantinople)
Official language: Turkish, Kurdish and Arabic
Other languages: Hebrew, Greek, Zazaic, Armenian,...
Religions: Most people are irreligious, though many are de jure Sunni Muslims. In western areas, Orthodox Christians hold on. The state is strictly laicist and does not interfere or even have statistics about religion.
Government: Polycracy, even less centralised than the APU. Most business except for foreign policy, the military and currency are done from the individual capitals of the seven polycracies.

Master of Workers and Peasants: Ilhan Şönmez

Formation: Polycracy: September 27, 1916

Population: 148,934,001
GDP PPP per capita: $74,268
Gini: 20,65
HDI: 0,887 (very high)
Drives on the: right
Calling Code: +68-+75
Internet TLD: .le/.pum​

Elections in the League of Hanseatic Cities
lhcofficial.hansa/EN

9:10
Elections held in the League of Hanseatic Cities

Today, the Assembly of the League of Hanseatic Cities was elected. The last elections were held regularly, seven years ago, and today's election also went off regularly. No incidents of fraud, manipulation or unseamanlike conduct were recorded.

And we can now announce the official results:

Vereinigte Merkantile Kauffartheien - Adolf Klinke: 65,94 % - 82 seats
Union der Kolonialwaren-Kauffahrtheien - Roland Falk: 17,47 % - 10 seats
Weltmerkantilverein - Johann Arppe: 9,86 % - 8 seats

Sozialunion der Kauffahrtheien - Gotthilf Kiefer: 6,73 % - 3 seats

And thus, Kauffartheileiter und Oberster Schiffsmann Adolf Klinke is reelected.

trentnews.um/rightingthefalse

Righting the False:

Another #Antilection has been held in the Hansa. Any reports of an #Election in the Hanseatic CIties are blatantly false.
People did have the "vote", but several factors make such "votes" into #Antilections.

Firstly, there is the infamous Hanseatic voting system. In order to be enrolled in the voting registers, you have to apply and show the financial statement of the previous year. The citizens of the Hanseatic Cities are divided into four categories, and they are not equal. The vote of the 10 % of the population that pay the most taxes accounts for 40 % of the parliament seats, the vote of the 20 % of the population that pays the second most taxes account for another 30 % of the parliamentary seats, and the vote of the 30 % of the population that pays the third most taxes accounts for only 20 % of the parliament seats. To make it worse, the vote of the 40 % of the population that pays the least taxes - mostly the workers and the poor - accounts for only 10 % of the parliamentary seats.
The parliament thus represents the people unequally, to the undue advantage of mercantilists, traders and generally the rich.

Also, resident migrants, i.e. many of the poorest workers that the Hanseatic Cities import from West and East Africa - even those that have acquired citizenship of the Hanseatic Cities - were not eligible to vote at all.

A third factor contributing to an #Antilection is that the Vereinigung (the equivalent to a Representative Association in the Union of Man) which won the biggest number of votes gets an automatic 20-seat bonus.

Mind: Elections held in the League of Hanseatic Cities are #Antilections and do not represent the people accurately. They reinforce the needs and wishes of a class of aristocratic mercantilists out for their personal gain.
While making personal gain is not frowned upon in our nation either - we are not a polycracy, after all - it is a crime to manipulate elections, Parliament, or to make use of corrupt means with regards to political persons.​

Last edited:
Okay... just what the hell is that blue thingie around Ladoga Lake? What's up with Caucasus?

The Caucasus is balkanised, under the aegis of Poland-Lithuania and Persia. And the nation around Lake Ladoga? On the northern coast it is Sweden, and on the southern coast the Kingdom of Ingria (Ingermanland).

...Okay. How did North Carolina and Georgia secede? And is that a Chinese Alaska I'm seeing there?

I think I planned Alaska/Cascadia to be French.
Carolina and Georgia/the alt-CSA managed to secede not during the original American Revolution, but during the revolution that made the APU into a polycracy, i.e. TTLs version of communism.

I mean, I suppose that's the most evident cause (and workers and farmers did not always get along in the Soviet Union IOTL), but I suppose there could be many plausible reasons for secession, like, say, tariffs and other crap like that.

Georgia and Carolina are basically white supremacist ethno-states. They abolished the peculiar institution somewhere down the line, but still, whites are advantaged in those two near-absolute monarchies. Neither Georgia nor Carolina are polycracies.

Georgia and Carolina are basically white supremacist ethno-states. They abolished the peculiar institution somewhere down the line, but still, whites are advantaged in those two near-absolute monarchies. Neither Georgia nor Carolina are polycracies.

Meh, okay then.

That reminds me... I was considering doing an election map for Carolina, at least until it was established as a non-democratic state.

...I have a question.

How biased is this Index towards communi- err, polycratic states?

Not really? I picture polycratic states as quite democratic, not like OTL Soviet Union which was a dictatorship. OTL Soviet Union would be orange, even pink under Stalinism, on this index. North Korea would most definitely be pink.

Meh, okay then.

That reminds me... I was considering doing an election map for Carolina, at least until it was established as a non-democratic state.

You can stll make an "election map" which would show the electoral decision of the small voting group. In this timeline, as you can see, (sometimes reformed) aristocracy is still widespread and that can for example mean, in the case of Carolina, that only whites with a certain income can vote. Or only nobles (who would all be white, too). Or it has a version of Dreiklassenwahlrecht - orange states on the map can be quite different.

Georgia, on the other hand, is an absolute monarchy.