As Dreamers Do Part Deux

I get the impression that Arnold Schwarzenegger never became governor of California because he was acting in major films during his otl administration and regan never never entered poetics. So do you like the idea of Sonny Bono taking Schwarzenegger's place as Calaforina second celebrity governor. If so I can see Bono as Calafornia First Reform party govonor. That would be a nice ironic twist for the time.

So with sonny still married to his second wife Mary Whitaker Bono. After Sonny died Mary took Sonny place in congress untill being defeated by a democrat in 2013. Perhaps if she dose enter poltics maybe she is Sonny lientent govnor .

Last edited:
I get the impression that Arnold Schwarzenegger never became governor of California because he was acting in major films during his otl administration and regan never never entered poetics. So do you like the idea of Sonny Bono taking Schwarzenegger's place as Calaforina second celebrity governor. If so I can see Bono as Calafornia First Reform party govonor. That would be a nice ironic twist for the time.

So with sonny still married to his second wife Mary Whitaker Bono. After Sonny died Mary took Sonny place in congress untill being defeated by a democrat in 2013. Perhaps if she dose enter poltics maybe she is Sonny lientent govnor .
The earliest Sonny can run for governor is in 2010.

The earliest Sonny can run for governor is in 2010.
Why is 2010 the earlist that bono can become. You never mentioned Who took Shwagner place as the winner of the 2003 special election and I feel that Bono had a good shoot at winning because he was a congressman former mayor not mention a celberity. Was I wrong about swengagher not entering poltics

Questions submitted by @Mitch!

For what reason did the NHL and IHL begin merger talks, and who could benefit from them?

Hurricane Katrina had forced the New Orleans Revelers to temporarily move to Dallas. The IHL at the time felt that merging with the NHL would secure the futures for some of their teams. The Revelers returned to New Orleans for the 2006-07 season and the Zatarain's Arena (known IOTL as the Smoothie King Center) is consistently sold out for most Revelers (IHL), Jazz (NBA) and VooDoo (Arena football) games.

The IHL Whalers, who arrived when the NHL iteration left for Virginia in 1997, are among the most popular IHL teams. Right now, the Whalers are planning to replace the XL Center with a new arena on the site of the OTL Toscano Family Ice Forum in a joint venture with the University of Connecticut.
Toscano-Family-Ice-Forum-no-text.jpg

Were any changes made to the plot of Team Atlantis following Michael J. Fox’s health hoax?

The project was put on hiatus during Fox's health hoax and has returned to production after Fox confirmed he was okay.

In which ways did sports arenas, or stadiums, change since the Dodger Dome’s construction?
The carpet developed for the Dodger Dome is known as Dodger Turf. The first generation of Dodger Turf was a joint project by General Electric, Pittsburgh Plate Glass (PPG) and DuPont. The Dodgers periodically replaced the Dodger Turf with newer versions as technology advanced to make artificial surfaces safer for contact sports. As of July 2008, the Dodgers are on their fourth incarnation of Dodger Turf. However, Major League Baseball is looking to mandate that teams playing on artificial surfaces replace their fields within a shorter time window for player safety reasons.

The lower level of the Dodger Dome's seating bowl is designed to be convertible between baseball and football. For Jets games, the gridiron is laid out from home plate to center field, similar to how it was done at Shea Stadium IOTL.

When the Dodgers hit a home run, a mechanical apple pops out of a top hat that sits next to the batter's eye. This is literally the same as the Mets' apple prop still being used at Citi Field IOTL.

With the Jets now building a new football specific stadium in Willet's Point, the Dodgers are looking to overhaul their domed stadium to make it more baseball friendly. Joining the Jets in Willet's Point will be the Cosmos of MLS.

With the Dodger Dome occupying the OTL Barclay's Center site in the Atlantic Yards neighborhood, the Nets of the NBA will likely stay put in New Jersey.

Over in Texas, the Astrodome in Houston is now being converted into the Houston Sports Hall of Fame. The HSHOF's first inductees will be Gordie Howe (original WHA Aeros), Michael Jordan (Rockets), Nolan Ryan (Astros) and George Blanda (Oilers).

TimeWarner (based in Detroit ITTL) has now acquired the Pontiac Silverdome in hopes of converting that facility into either an indoor Warner theme park.

The Washington Heroes (known IOTL as the Redskins/WFT/Commanders) built Art Modell Stadium on the site where Audi Field sits IOTL. DC United of MLS also shares "The Art" as it is sometimes called.

In 1992, the Arizona Cardinals opened the Circle K Dome, which they share with the MLB Diamondbacks. The site of the Circle K Dome sits on the OTL site of Chase Field.

In 1994, the original Winnipeg Jets moved to Oklahoma City and became the Oklahoma Twisters. For the first few years in OKC, the Twisters played at the Myriad before moving into the Ford Center (known IOTL as the Cheapeake Energy Arena) in 2000.

When the Calgary Broncos of the NHL moved to Las Vegas to become the Silver Knights in 1996, they split their home games between the Thomas and Mack Center and the MGM Grand Garden Arena. In the early 2000's, the Silver Knights opened MGM Resorts Arena on the site where T-Mobile Arena sits IOTL.

In the late 90's, the Cleveland Browns of the NFL replaced Cleveland Municipal Stadium with Goodyear Stadium which sits closer to the Gateway District which includes Quicken Loans Arena and Progressive Field.

In 2002, the San Diego Chargers opened Jack in the Box Stadium (below) on the east side of the former Jack Murphy Stadium parking lot.
chargers-stadium.gif

Who's Guvnor of Calafornia.
The Governor of California was Gray Davis from 1998 until 2007. As of 2008, the governor at the moment is Jerry Brown.

Any recent media mergers and acquisitions planned?
The most recent acquisition was the TBS-Paramount merger last year.

Landmark Communications is putting The Weather Channel up for sale. Likely buyers are TimeWarner, CBS Discovery, Bally and Peacock.

Bob Iger, former Jim Henson Company chairman, has completed his purchase of the Denver Broncos (NFL).

After the fallout from the leaked Madison Square Garden board meeting, James Dolan is putting MSG Holdings for sale. That includes the New York Rangers (NHL), New York Knicks (NBA), the MSG Network and the arena itself. Not sure who the likely buyers will be just yet. A couple of names that could be of interest include Byron Allen and Fred Wilpon.

Mickey Arison, owner of the NBA Miami Heat, is buying the Florida Marlins (MLB) in hopes of keeping that franchise in South Florida.

The Sky Group, plc, home to multiple cable channels in the UK is also up for sale. They're mulling their options on bids from Disney, Peacock, TBS Paramount, CBS Discovery, TimeWarner, Bally, Henson, Saban Metromedia and Lionsgate.

American Movie Classics (AMC) is in the process of a sale to Lionsgate.

Alliance Atlanis, one of the biggest movie studios in Canada is also up for sale. Not sure who will buy it yet.

Southampton FC, the Premier League team that plays in the hometown of Sir Daniel Abbott, is also up for sale.

Last edited:
This Just In (July 11, 2008)
@WB18

Excerpt from SportsCenter (July 11, 2008)

Stuart Scott: For more on the Broncos' big offseason move, let's take you Bob Iger in the Mile High City...

0x0.jpg

Bob Iger
(Owner; Denver Broncos)

"Today, I am proud to announce the free agent signing of Kliff Kingsbury, the former Texas Tech quarterback and winner of two consecutive World Bowls with the Arizona Wranglers. Since the retirement of longtime Bronco icon John Elway, our franchise has been unable to reach the playoffs in seven of the last eight years. As part of our acquisition of Kingsbury, we will gladly compensate the Arizona Wrangler organization and the World League if need be."

kliff-kingsbury.jpg

Kliff Kingsbury
(New Broncos quarterback)

"I'm certainly gonna miss playing in front of the fans in Tucson. While I was there, it was pointed out in the press that I got more endorsements than anybody on the Diamondback roster...which I don't apologize for honestly. After our unexpected early playoff exit, Bruce Arians wanted me to join him on the Sorcerers. But with Leftwich and Garrard still on the St. Louis roster, Iger, Elway and Mike Shanahan offered me a chance to start right away here in Denver."​

I'm wondering, is there any update on the World of Wonders theme park in Glasgow regarding any new attraction, owners or its standing in the UK theme park ranking? etc.

@WB18

Excerpt from SportsCenter (July 11, 2008)

Stuart Scott: For more on the Broncos' big offseason move, let's take you Bob Iger in the Mile High City...

0x0.jpg

Bob Iger
(Owner; Denver Broncos)

"Today, I am proud to announce the free agent signing of Kliff Kingsbury, the former Texas Tech quarterback and winner of two consecutive World Bowls with the Arizona Wranglers. Since the retirement of longtime Bronco icon John Elway, our franchise has been unable to reach the playoffs in seven of the last eight years. As part of our acquisition of Kingsbury, we will gladly compensate the Arizona Wrangler organization and the World League if need be."

kliff-kingsbury.jpg

Kliff Kingsbury
(New Broncos quarterback)

"I'm certainly gonna miss playing in front of the fans in Tucson. While I was there, it was pointed out in the press that I got more endorsements than anybody on the Diamondback roster...which I don't apologize for honestly. After our unexpected early playoff exit, Bruce Arians wanted me to join him on the Sorcerers. But with Leftwich and Garrard still on the St. Louis roster, Iger, Elway and Mike Shanahan offered me a chance to start right away here in Denver."​
Welp, the run had to end at some point, good luck Kliff on your future endeavors! (Please, don't coach the Cardinals).

The Governor of California was Gray Davis from 1998 until 2007. As of 2008, the governor at the moment is Jerry Brown.

The most recent acquisition was the TBS-Paramount merger last year.

Landmark Communications is putting The Weather Channel up for sale. Likely buyers are TimeWarner, CBS Discovery, Bally and Peacock.

Bob Iger, former Jim Henson Company chairman, has completed his purchase of the Denver Broncos (NFL).

After the fallout from the leaked Madison Square Garden board meeting, James Dolan is putting MSG Holdings for sale. That includes the New York Rangers (NHL), New York Knicks (NBA), the MSG Network and the arena itself. Not sure who the likely buyers will be just yet. A couple of names that could be of interest include Byron Allen and Fred Wilpon.

Mickey Arison, owner of the NBA Miami Heat, is buying the Florida Marlins (MLB) in hopes of keeping that franchise in South Florida.

The Sky Group, plc, home to multiple cable channels in the UK is also up for sale. They're mulling their options on bids from Disney, Peacock, TBS Paramount, CBS Discovery, TimeWarner, Bally, Henson, Saban Metromedia and Lionsgate.

American Movie Classics (AMC) is in the process of a sale to Lionsgate.

Alliance Atlanis, one of the biggest movie studios in Canada is also up for sale. Not sure who will buy it yet.

Southampton FC, the Premier League team that plays in the hometown of Sir Daniel Abbott, is also up for sale.
I don't think it plusable for Jerry Brown to be govonro in 2008. His polticla carret took a dive after his failed 1992 presidental bid. He spent several years out of polticas before becoming mayro of oakland in 1999. His second mayoral term ended in 2006. Despite being succesufl as mayor of oakland Borwn didn't think he poltical repuation was repaired enough for the gonvorship so he ran for athonthy genral instead. Also If Gary davis manged to advoid the Recall election which I find unlikely was I feel that that his apporval would be so low that Calafornia wouldn't be readdy for another demcrat in 2006. Thus I feel that it more plausle that Bono is govonro of calafornia for 2003 to to present. If you still want Brown to start his thrid term early then I find it more plausle that bono won in 2003 but was beatn buy Brown then Davis advoid the recall and then being succed by brown.

Last edited: