As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Blue Dragon (20th Century-Fox)
IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix (United Artists)
Sailor Moon (New Line Cinema)
Duel Masters (United Artists)
Transformers: Cybertron (Columbia-TriStar; Hasbro)
One Piece (Lionsgate)
.hack//SIGN (United Artists)
I was about to ask why IGPX was dubbed by United Artists instead of Turner, considering IGPX was a Toonami original, but then I remember Turner bought UA and MGM ITTL.

Toonami's lineup has moved to Saturday nights. Here's some of their current titles.

One Piece (Lionsgate)
So basically, it's all anime, and its 3/8th reruns?

And you forgot to list One Piece as a major property for Lionsgate.
All the conglomerates share material with each other ITTL.
I was about to ask why IGPX was dubbed by United Artists instead of Turner, considering IGPX was a Toonami original, but then I remember Turner bought UA and MGM ITTL.
Cool!
Correct.

Paramount will take over the dubbing if the merger clears the last few legal hurdles.
So.......

After this merger, can CN FINALLY get a relaunch and can Toonami get some new shows and some that are AMERICAN?

Why is Avatar and Danny Phantom not on Toonami?

@UNIVERSAL.EXE

Also, keep in mind that 20th Century-Fox (Disney) and New Line (Saban Metromedia) each pass out the cable rights to their anime dubs to the highest bidders. That means you see a little bit from both on Toonami (Cartoon Network), Animax and Bullet Train (USACX).

Correct.

Paramount will take over the dubbing if the merger clears the last few legal hurdles.
Ah ok.

So Paramount could finally start dubbing anime now!

I suggested Baka & Test, but I dunno... that show's pretty ecchi sometimes. Maybe have that one air on Adult Swim? Does Adult Swim have an anime block like IOTL?

After being out of print since the early 1990's, Universal Studios confirms that its ambitious 1988 animated film Born to Rock n' Roll (aka The Time Lord), based on Dave Clark's musical Time, will receive a DVD/Bluray/VHS release from Limited Run.
- Billboard

The BBC will review whether its existing partnership with Paramount Pictures would trigger any antitrust concerns under the laws of both the United States and Great Britain. This comes amid recent developments of Paramount's proposed merger with Turner Broadcasting System under the TBS-Paramount banner.
- BBC News

If the DOJ approves the TBS-Paramount merger, Universal and King Features hope to reach a restructured deal with the combined entity for continued use of Popeye in future installments of the King Features shared universe. Popeye the Sailor Man opens in May of 2008 with AEW superstar John Cena playing the titular role.
- Variety

One condition that Microsoft could face on the road to merging Paramount with Turner Broadcasting is they would be legally prohibited by the FCC from using TBS or Paramount properties as leverage to limit access to said content by Microsoft competitors like Linux or Commodore.
- PBS NewsHour

PepsiCo and Disney reach a deal for Taco Bell and Mountain Dew tie-ins with Disney's English translation of Naruto.
- CNBC

Kurt Cobain teases a possible Nirvana reunion after reports of Soundgarden's plans to reunite with a new album deal with Legendary Records.
- MTV News

The Sports Page
In San Diego, the Sempra Energy Center, home to the NBA's Clippers and NHL's Mighty Ducks since 1996, becomes the world's first sensory inclusive sports venue. New upgrades include underutilized luxury suites now converted to sensory rooms with a view of the game. Also new to the venue are booths where fans can pick up free sensory kits which include an activity book, a pair of ear muffs and soft toys to help mitigate overstimulation. Tiffany Disney, chairwoman of the Mighty Ducks since 2005, was diagnosed in July of '88 with Asperger's syndrome.
- ESPN

The future of WCW is uncertain as Ted Turner and Bill Gates both await the Justice Department's approval of the TBS-Paramount merger.
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
1: Yes! This is wonderful news!
2: If it does, who should they partner with next?
3: I do not have high hopes for John Cena as Popeye, but maybe he can just be a team player in the ensemble movies, like The Hulk in OTL's MCU?
4: Thank goodness, although I would not really blame them for trying that.
5: Speaking of modern anime, Internet fandoms, and Mountain Dew, will Taco Bell still have their Locos Tacos ITTL?
6: Oh, that'll be delicious. Ironic, coming right off the heels of a fast food deal to promote a ramen junkie.
7: As a Disney lover on the Autism spectrum, I absolutely approve of this.
8: Not a wrestling fan, but I won't mind either outcome for WCW.
One Piece (Lionsgate)
1: The fact that UA has more than one show on Toonami now is great, and you can't go wrong with Duel Masters.
2: I'm surprised that Blue Dragon is a Disney dub. Is it because you can trace a connection between it and Square Enix's Dragon Quest?
3: While I do love that One Piece is on Toonami, and the overall variety of studios is very commendable, I'm amazed at Sailor Moon's longevity on television. One would think that show would be booted off at some point.

But mainly I have it there as an excuse for Adult Swim to have a promo with this line...
Butt-Head (Mike Judge): "Uhhh...how does she, like, take a dump? Huh-huh?"
XDDD

But seriously, this does feel like a good AS show. I can see the promos for it now.

Any others? Can you maybe give a LIST instead of one show at a time?

2: If it does, who should they partner with next?

1: The fact that UA has more than one show on Toonami now is great, and you can't go wrong with Duel Masters.
2: I'm surprised that Blue Dragon is a Disney dub. Is it because you can trace a connection between it and Square Enix's Dragon Quest?
3: While I do love that One Piece is on Toonami, and the overall variety of studios is very commendable, I'm amazed at Sailor Moon's longevity on television. One would think that show would be booted off at some point.

If the DOJ stipulates a breakup of the BBC's ties with Paramount, the BBC could look for Peacock, CBS Discovery or Henson to pick them up on the rebound. Remember, that's IF, not necessarily when.

Yes, Hironobu Sakaguchi did create Blue Dragon after having made Final Fantasy.

Sailor Moon has more staying power than OTL. The live action movie trilogy made at the turn of millennium helped a bit despite mixed reviews.

Also, Peacock has had to gear USACX's Bullet Train block more for adults to avoid conflicts of interest with Animax which they also own.

If the DOJ stipulates a breakup of the BBC's ties with Paramount, the BBC could look for Peacock, CBS Discovery or Henson to pick them up on the rebound. Remember, that's IF, not necessarily when.
If that's the case, my vote would go to Henson.
I see. In that case, has Fullmetal Alchemist been dubbed at any point ITTL? If so, then by whom?
Sailor Moon has more staying power than OTL. The live action movie trilogy made at the turn of millennium helped a bit despite mixed reviews.
That explains it.
Also, Peacock has had to gear USACX's Bullet Train block more for adults to avoid conflicts of interest with Animax which they also own.
Smart choice.

Ok, so I figured out what Toonami's lineup should be come 2010:
  • Generator Rex
  • Sym-Bionic Titan
  • Savage Dragon(a NEW animated series)
  • Cyberforce
  • Youngblood
  • Danny Phantom
  • Phantasy Star
  • One Piece
  • D-Gray Man
  • Soul Eater
While Adult Swim Action looks like this:
  • Gunslinger Girl
  • Hell Girl
  • Witchblade(the anime)
  • Spawn(including NEW episodes)
  • The Venture Brothers.
  • Shinobi(original anime)
All while Miguzi could air this:
  • Bakugan
  • TUFF Puppy
  • Plastic Man
  • Tamagotchi(the anime)
  • Mermaid Melody
  • Save Me Lollipop!
  • Twelve Forever
  • The Mighty B!
Thoughts?

@QTXAdsy Here's what I'm picturing for the continuity before a BBC 2 transmission of Urusei Yatsura...
hqdefault.jpg

Voiceover:
"On BBC 2, we present the Japanese cartoon Urusei Yatsura, translated into the English language by Twentieth Century-Fox. The BBC would like to remind parents that the programme is intended for ages 13 and over and discretion is advised for viewing by younger children."

BBC%20One%20Mirrored%20Globe%20Colour%202.jpg

@QTXAdsy
Unofficially, the BBC's dealings with Paramount ITTL go back much further. Here's an example of a voiceover British viewers heard before BBC 1 transmissions of The Godfather: A Novel For Television.

"On BBC 1, we present The Godfather: A Novel For Television. The BBC would like to remind viewers that the series is intended for mature audiences. Although it is a fictional story of the criminal underworld, it would be erroneous and unfair to suggest the violence contained in this programme is representative of the entire Italian diaspora or that of any other nationality."

We'll that's excellent work! But as the DOJ and Congress are preparing to approve the TBS-Paramount merger, we will see a spin-off of the sports leagues to new owners:
Atlanta Flames (NHL): Mark Cuban
Atlanta Hammers (MLB): Jerry Bruckheimer
Jacksonville Tomcats (WLAF; 50%): The Jim Henson Company
WCW: TimeWarner
Goodwill Games: Lionsgate

But the BBC is eyeing a new deal with CBS Discovery to pick them up.