As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Thanks! After all, Universal distributes the DreamWorks films, Microsoft owns Sega as part of Paramount, Universal and Paramount co-own UPN, and Miguel & Tulio themselves have that "frat boy" nature to them at times.

Glad that still exists.

Honestly, it's more surprising to me how the Burger King Kids Club is still around in 2000.

That'll be for another moment, and hopefully with @eldandythedoubter's involvement in the planning.

And if the Fox dubs are still on the table here, why not have Maya the Bee make a cameo in the 100 Acre Wood world?
Ok.

@TheFaultsofAlts
To be fair, BK has been phasing out Kid Vid and the rest of the crew in favor of bringing back the cartoon king from the early 70's (below). The creepy live action King might be butterflied unless his use can be limited to commercials aimed at mostly adults.
burger-king-logo_1971.jpg

With the polls having closed on the west coast, the 2000 Presidential Election has a winner...
Harvey Weinstein, the Republican from California and overseer of the film division of Phil Anschutz's corporate empire. Serving as his vice president will be outgoing Texas governor and former Houston Oilers owner George W. Bush.
How was that possible, since Mc Cain would have obviously drained votes from the Republican side?

Entertainment News for Early January 2001
Entertainment News for January 2001

Turner Classic Movies rings in the new year with 24 hour encore repeats of 2001: A Space Odyssey.
- CNN

RKO Radio Pictures finally releases the first trailer for its long awaited western production of Godzilla.
- The Today Show

Warner Freeform confirms they will air a revival of the Dukes of Hazzard this coming fall.
- Variety

Construction of Disney's Epic Kingdom winds down as anticipation mounts for its grand opening in February.
- The Orange County Register

Vince McMahon is expected to push back against the WWA roster's attempt to follow the WCW roster's lead and join the Screen Actors Guild.
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated

Turner Classic Movies rings in the new year with 24 hour encore repeats of 2001: A Space Odyssey.
- CNN

RKO Radio Pictures finally releases the first trailer for its long awaited western production of Godzilla.
- The Today Show

Warner Freeform confirms they will air a revival of the Dukes of Hazzard this coming fall.
- Variety

Construction of Disney's Epic Kingdom winds down as anticipation mounts for its grand opening in February.
- The Orange County Register

Vince McMahon is expected to push back against the WWA roster's attempt to follow the WCW roster's lead and join the Screen Actors Guild.
1: That is so fitting that I wouldn't be surprised if that happened in real life.
2: Fantastic news!
3: On the one hand, great. On the other hand, it would seem in bad taste in foresight.
4: I can't wait to hear more about it!
5: What a pussycat. He doesn't want to share his legacy with others. I'd say he would be a good fit for the 2004 Presidency, but then again, look at who our President-Elect is ITTL.

I know Vince got released from prison, but after everything he did to Linda; why is he being brought back in any form of management in the WWA?

Also, I've opened up a strawpost for the list of Disney worlds in Kingdom Hearts. The top six world from this poll will be in the game while a second poll will come up for the Cosmos game (it isn't going to be Chain of Memories but a side story detailing what Riku was doing during the events of the first game).

Last edited:
Here's how I think Johnny Depp looked like as Daniel Abbott

Attachments

• FaceApp_1647116695390.jpg
    FaceApp_1647116695390.jpg
    488.9 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Well this is a great timeline, but Harvey Weinstein will be up as Mario Cuomo is out after eight years! I'll assign Jan De Bont to do Terminator 3 for New Line Cinema as director.

I know Vince got released from prison, but after everything he did to Linda; why is he being brought back in any form of management in the WWA?

Also, I've opened up a strawpost for the list of Disney worlds in Kingdom Hearts. The top six world from this poll will be in the game while a second poll will come up for the Cosmos game (it isn't going to be Chain of Memories but a side story detailing what Riku was doing during the events of the first game).
Some rank and file folks within the WWA weren't quite fond of the direction Cornette and Heyman were taking the company, so they bribed the Connecticut state government to get Vince out early.

Entertainment News for Mid to Late January 2001
Entertainment News for Mid to Late January 2001

The Weinstein Inauguration

Harvey Weinstein officially sworn in as the 43rd President of the United States. By his side was his wife and newly named First Lady Eve Chilton.
- The Washington Post

Not even Nickelback was willing to accept an invite to perform at the Weinstein Inauguration.
- MTV News

Ted Nugent, Kid Rock and Hank Williams, Jr. headline the festivities at Weinstein's inauguration.
- The Tennesseean

AEG TV was the only outlet to cover the Weinstein inauguration in its entirety as all other major networks returned to normal programming after 4 pm Eastern time.
- Variety

In his first full day in office, President Harvey Weinstein signed an executive order allowing the FBI, CIA and all other law enforcement and intelligence agencies to work together in matters of national security.
- MSNBC

President Weinstein refuses to sell his stake in the reincarnated Miramax Films, part of the Anschutz Entertainment Group (AEG). Democrats in both chambers claim Weinstein's refusal to sell comes in violation of the Emoluments Clause.
- The Hollywood Reporter

The Weinstein Inauguration

Harvey Weinstein officially sworn in as the 43rd President of the United States. By his side was his wife and newly named First Lady Eve Chilton.
- The Washington Post

Not even Nickelback was willing to accept an invite to perform at the Weinstein Inauguration.
- MTV News

Ted Nugent, Kid Rock and Hank Williams, Jr. headline the festivities at Weinstein's inauguration.
- The Tennesseean

AEG TV was the only outlet to cover the Weinstein inauguration in its entirety as all other major networks returned to normal programming after 4 pm Eastern time.
- Variety

In his first full day in office, President Harvey Weinstein signed an executive order allowing the FBI, CIA and all other law enforcement and intelligence agencies to work together in matters of national security.
- MSNBC

President Weinstein refuses to sell his stake in the reincarnated Miramax Films, part of the Anschutz Entertainment Group (AEG). Democrats in both chambers claim Weinstein's refusal to sell comes in violation of the Emoluments Clause.
- The Hollywood Reporter
1: That's just sickening that we'd have that guy as the next Prez.
2: On the other hand, Nickelback didn't even want the invitation? That's news, considering their OTL reputation.
3: I feel bad for Kid Rock to be associated with Ted Nugent.
4: Because of course the network that owns Miramax would cover the studio's founder being sworn in.
5: Okay, so it's not all bad. Just 99.99999999% bad.
6: This oughta be good.

Entertainment News for Late January 2001
Entertainment News for Late January 2001

New Line's "Sugar and Spice" may seem like another dumb teen comedy, but you could be passing up an opportunity to see early teaser trailers for The Lord of the Rings and Terminator 3.
- Entertainment Tonight

Thanks to the runaway success of the live action Grinch, the Dr. Seuss estate is fast tracking a live action adaptation of The Cat in the Hat for a November 2003 release.
- Variety

New Line confirms that principal photography on the second and third Matrix has begun.
- The Hollywood Reporter

Trailers to be presented during Super Bowl 25 on CBS:
- Atlantis: The Lost Empire (Disney)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Universal)
- Terminator 3 (New Line)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (New Line)
- Godzilla (RKO)

Is universal japan opening this year or did they decide to build some were elsel like Hongkong Maccu Austliria Brazil Egypt or south . I know that the last three markets are less developed but Uniersal is more open to taping risker markets then Disney. Uniersal was intersted in a park in india only for covid to but a stop to those plans. Here a link to info on universal india https://www.themeparx.com/universal-studios-india/

Suggestion for entertainment news in February: Sony and Panasonic bring their next generation consoles to the Winter CES as a showcase of their DVD playback features.

New Line's "Sugar and Spice" may seem like another dumb teen comedy, but you could be passing up an opportunity to see early teaser trailers for The Lord of the Rings and Terminator 3.
- Entertainment Tonight

Thanks to the runaway success of the live action Grinch, the Dr. Seuss estate is fast tracking a live action adaptation of The Cat in the Hat for a November 2003 release.
- Variety

New Line confirms that principal photography on the second and third Matrix has begun.
- The Hollywood Reporter

Trailers to be presented during Super Bowl 25 on CBS:
- Atlantis: The Lost Empire (Disney)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Universal)
- Terminator 3 (New Line)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (New Line)
- Godzilla (RKO)
1: Ah, leverage. My long-time frenemy.
2: Uh oh. Here's hoping that this movie can be saved. Otherwise, good luck trying to disown that.
3: Impressive luck for the soon-to-be-franchise!
4: Methinks this year belongs to New Line Cinema. Although, Universal would come in a close second place.