As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Saw (2004 Film)
@kirbopher15 Sadly yes it did flop. IOTL, my sister saw that while I went to see National Treasure while visiting relatives in the Bay Area.

Saw-Pic-3-800x450.png

Saw
Released by Lionsgate on December 17, 2004

Cast and Crew
Same as OTL

Notes
Saw's release was delayed by two months because Lionsgate had to re-edit the film after initially receiving an X from the MPAA.​

Last edited:
@kirbopher15 Sadly yes it did flop. IOTL, my sister saw that while I went to see National Treasure while visiting relatives in the Bay Area.

Saw-Pic-3-800x450.png

Saw
Released by Lionsgate on December 17, 2004

Cast and Crew
Same as OTL

Notes
Saw's release was delayed by two months because Lionsgate had to re-edit the film after initially receiving an NC-17 from the MPAA.​
So with the top revaluation you are in this timeline

Fat Albert (2004 Film)
@kirbopher15 Yes. In fact, my birthday is the same month as Devon Abbott (January '88).

maxresdefault.jpg

Fat Albert
Released on Christmas Day 2004 by United Artists

Cast and Crew
Same as OTL

Animated opening credits produced by
Ruby-Spears

Notes
- Ennis Cosby serves as executive producer after acquiring the rights to the characters from his father.
- At the premiere in Philadelphia, Ennis Cosby had this to say: "My hope is that the Fat Albert property can still teach kids important lessons without grownups being reminded of any crimes my dad may have committed behind the scenes."
- ITTL, Kenan Thompson wore a fatsuit because he lost twelve pounds during his transition from Nickelodeon to SNL.​

@kirbopher15 Yes. In fact, my birthday is the same month as Devon Abbott (January '88).
Oh, so that's why the 1988 part is in your name @OldNavy1988?
maxresdefault.jpg

Fat Albert

Cast and Crew
Same as OTL

Animated opening credits produced by
Ruby-Spears​
Nice.
Notes
- Ennis Cosby serves as executive producer after acquiring the rights to the characters from his father.
- At the premiere in Philadelphia, Ennis Cosby had this to say: "My hope is that the Fat Albert property can still teach kids important lessons without grownups being reminded of any crimes my dad may have committed behind the scenes."
- ITTL, Kenan Thompson wore a fatsuit because he lost twelve pounds during his transition from Nickelodeon to SNL.​
That's good that he thinks that Fat Albert can still teach kids important lessons without having to be tied to his dad's behavior.

Beavis and Butt-Head: The Return of Cornholio (2004 Film)
013997_703x395_637898026687278814.jpg

Beavis and Butt-Head: The Return of Cornholio

Production Companies
MTV Films
Williams Street
Judgmental Films

Directed by
Mike Judge

Screenplay by
Mike Judge
Kristofor Brown

Executive Producers
Mike Judge
Mike Lazzo

Notes
- B&B:TROC uses most of the plot points from the OTL streaming film B&B Do the Universe, except we don't see Beavis in his Cornholio form until the third act, hence the title.
- Williams Street debuts a new logo, which is the M in the MTV logo turned upside down to make a "W," with "St" spraypainted on the right side.​

013997_703x395_637898026687278814.jpg

Beavis and Butt-Head: The Return of Cornholio

Production Companies
MTV Films
Williams Street
Judgmental Films

Directed by
Mike Judge

Screenplay by
Mike Judge
Kristofor Brown

Executive Producers
Mike Judge
Mike Lazzo
Nice.
Notes
- B&B:TROC uses most of the plot points from the OTL streaming film B&B Do the Universe, except we don't see Beavis in his Cornholio form until the third act, hence the title.​
Ok..
- Williams Street debuts a new logo, which is the M in the MTV logo turned upside down to make a "W," with "St" spraypainted on the right side.​
WAIT WHAT!!!!!????

You changed Williams Street's famous logo???

How could you????

But at the exact same time, I'm actually intrigued as to what they will do with this new logo...

Entertainment News for January 2005
Entertainment News for January 2005

Ghibli agrees to an extension with Touchstone Pictures.
- The Hollywood Reporter

Peacock acquires the multimedia rights previously held by Disney for the Dick Tracy franchise. Peacock's RKO division previously adapted the Chester Gould comic strip to film during the 1940's, including the movie serials with Ralph Byrd playing the titular role. Disney released their version in 1990 under the Fox label with Warren Beatty directing and starring as the title character. However, Disney's version was overshadowed by the Turtle and Simpson pandemonium of the time. The Dick Tracy Crimestoppers attraction at Disney-Fox Studios Theme Park will close in 2007 and be replaced with a new attraction by 2010.
- Variety

In politics
President Weinstein is inaugurated for his second term.
- The Washington Post

Speaking and concerning of Universal's ownership of Dick Tracy, I'll have to turn OTL's American Gangster into TTL's Dick Tracy reboot as it was still released in 2007. But Universal's Airport remake (OTL it was Flightplan and it was a remake of The Lady Vanishes) is still eyeing for fall 2005.